Horns will ultimately have to join the SEC

33,974 Views | 225 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Year of the Germaphobe
rocky the dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why would the SEC dilute their chances of recruiting Texas athletes by adding a second team from the state? AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!
1aggie02
AG
Retarded thread of the day award.
AnalogyAg
sorry, your last post is as stupid as the first.

run along, 'sip.
nasdaq
What if tu form their own Conference?

Longhorn Conference.
Gordon Bombay
AG
It always amazes me how people still fret about us as compared to Texas. Who cares what Texas does, just worry about what Texas A&M is doing. There is a mentality that is never going to go away I am afraid.
dimeboxaggie
AG
quote:
FUDGE THEM

THEY SHANT CROSS
DallasAg2011
they dont want to share profits
aggiehawg
AG
Pssst! They already did, they just named it "The Big XII," instead of "The Longhorn Conference."
Jaxson11
AG
t.u. has a Baylor, Tech and TCU problem.
Bryanisbest
AG
Going to PAC or BIG will not stop our rise over them. Their only way is SEC.
JJxvi
AG
There's not a lot of extra money to be made for the SEC by adding the horns. Particularly not now that the networks have strong ratings data in Texas markets for SEC games as is. They bring zero new subscriber money for SEC network either because Texas viewers will already be covered.
mpaggie06
AG
Texas will never be invited.

HTH.
The_Truth
AG
OP has gone full retard.

Their arrogance would not even let them consider doing something we had the foresight and balls to accomplish. They'd go independent or PAC 12.

Looks like you got stuck on puff. Time to pass OP.

[This message has been edited by The_Truth (edited 11/18/2012 1:11p).]
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
OP is premature in his conclusion. Lots would have to happen over the next 5-10 years for the whorn to begin an SEC campaign. First, they have to demonstrably become second fiddle in Texas. Second, that role has to be viewed as permanant. Third, the LHN would need to be flushed. Fourth, the SEC Network would need to become a financial home run. Fifth, the B1G and PAC would have to turn down the whorn multiple incremental times.

Let's revisit this in 5 years.

Yep.
Bryanisbest
AG
Truth, I admitted their arrogance may be too strong.
Indignitas
AG
Hey OP

Bowhunter08
OP is delusional.

As other posters have said Texas will not get an invite with NO votes from A&M, Atky, LSU and Missouri.

Even if they could get the votes (Hypothetical) why would the SEC want Texas? They are a cancer to any conference.
Aftermath
AG
Big 10 is desperate for publicity and quality teams right now. They will chase ND,and Texas.Nebraska will fight them all the way. Pac10 may be only option for texas.Right now they are in good shape with the Big 12 and may pusue other teams. pretty evident that the jump was too much for TCU and WVa. Texas will be 10-2 and back in drivers seat with OU
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
Bryan's an idiot
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
Bryan's an idiot
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
Bryan's an idiot
Say Chowdah
AG
Has to be a troll!
Bobaloo
I've always felt the Big X would be the best case for Texas and A&M. It would leave OU in the position of patching together a conference with the rest of the XII, which wouldn't be much of a conference. I think Stoops would leave because OU would be weakened beyond recognition. If the Big X could somehow get ND then they would have six legit football powers (historically): Michigan, OSU, PSU, ND, Texas and Nebraska. It would be the only conference that could compete with the SEC.
Waffledynamics
AG
OP forgets that the sips would have to be invited and accepted unanimously. That won't happen. Every conference in America is well aware of how poisonous they are.
The_Truth
AG
That should have been enough to stop you in your tracks then OP.

What makes you believe, in spite of everything to the contrary, that there's a snowballs chance in hell what you're suggesting would happen?

This does not happen unless we leave the SEC. Check back in 100 years OP.

EOT
oldarmy1
AG
How many times are we going to see this stupidity? There is a clause in our agreement to join the SEC stating that Texas A&M has a binding refusal for tu to ever be in the SEC.

We left them in the dust. It was a primary motivating factor in the decision and Loftin took care of the details preventing "arrogant brother" from crawling back into our lives.

Enough already!
4ZORRO
AG
tu will be an indepentent in 5 years. They have the longhorn network.
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
And to briefly recap my thoughts on this matter.....

Bryan's an idiot
Aftermath
AG
The SEC has an unwritten rule against Gheys (except token LSU) so, its out of the Question!!
ckwarren33
I hereby predict the future: (1) Aggies rise to #1 program in Texas, getting their pick of the recruiting litter in-state, with good pull in Louisiana plus a handful of studs annually from around the southeast/other regions. This will be arguable for 2013 class, and obvious in 2014. Whorn will dump Mack after 2013 season, when they see how the 2014 recruiting class is going. Next whorn coach will be given 3 years, and fail to turn the tide. Round about 2016, whorn will recognize 3 things: (1) A&M has passed them due to strucutural competitive advantage (SEC + better coaching); (2) LHN will never work; (3) SEC network is better than a money printing press.

At that point, they'll deep 6 the 10-horn league and make their best deal, starting with the PAC, followed by the B1G. If nothing works, they'll start the SEC campaign, round about 2018.
Ogre09
AG
Never
wtr1975
AG
You guys need to back off of Bryanisbest. I promise you that he is not a troll but, instead, a died in the wool Ag that has been an avid supporter of A&M long before 99% of you were even sporting diapers. The personal attacks and rude juvenile comments exemplify all that is wrong with this Board. Grow up!

As to the OP, and while I do not agree with his opinion on the ultimate outcome, Bryanisbest is spot on in the assessment that t.u. is rapidly coming to the point that they are going to be passed by with our departure to the SEC. The sips will be forced to make changes and attempting to gain admittance to the SEC may be their move. I don't see them ultimately being admitted due to their arrogance (as Bryanisbest admits)and the veto rights. That does not mean the sips will not make a run at it and that is the essence of what Bryanisbest is saying.

[This message has been edited by wtr1975 (edited 11/18/2012 1:56p).]
IlluvatarAg98
AG
I think all new members must represent a new state ie only one per state. I could be wrong.
lifetimeredshirt
AG
Horns will have to abort lhn to make any changes. If they do, I think PAC 16 is back on the table.
rocky the dog
AG
Okay, let them apply for membership. SEC votes NO. Continue their embarrassment as a big nobody in the Big Nobody Conference.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.