Horns will ultimately have to join the SEC

33,776 Views | 225 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Year of the Germaphobe
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Half of our classes come from out of state as it is. The magic today is much more tied to Fisher than being in the SEC.
el_guapo
But Fisher is, in part able to do it, because we're in the SEC.
BadAggie
AG
SEC has helped but A&M has a brand now on its own. That doesn't go away. All of this hand wringing about expansion assumes a recruiting landscape from 30+ years ago when geography mattered, when recruiting classes were Texas kids plus perhaps one or two crossing the border from Louisiana. Much different world today.
Bryanisbest
AG
Absolutely!
nomadic_ag
AG
OP out here playing chess.
Bryanisbest
AG
You betcha I'm playing chess and after all the abuse I took on this thread 8 years ago, I am sure entitled to it. Blue star for you, Sir!
Bryanisbest
AG
Sip grad Sam Acho confirmed on Finebaum's show last night the substance of my topic here. "There are two reasons for Texas going to the SEC: 1. Money; 2. Texas A&M has passed them by in recruiting.
69huslinone
AG
Bryanisbest, you were correct in 2012, and you may be correct now. We have passed the sips and the proof is in the 3 failed head Coaches in a row. May they find that the road back is harder, much harder than they think. See Nebraska for example. When we have 4 to 6 MNC in the next ten years if our leaders are correct. I have watched Aggie Games since 1963 and so that their failures as teasips are Karma writ large.
Kellso
Bryanisbest said:

Here we go!
Hell of a prediction. You were 100% correct.
el_guapo
Sam Acho is right
91AggieLawyer
AG
APHIS AG said:

Those two bring nothing to the table. No increased TV ratings, no increased revenues, no increased fan support, and no boost to SEC recruiting. Who the hell recruits in Oklahoma anyway for most of OU's players come form Texas.

t.u. is poison and contaminates everything they touch.

This thread proves that fan boards (and that includes myself since I pretty much agreed with you) know absolutely NOTHING about college athletics in general.

I'm not insulting anyone; its just that what the priorities are of those in charge are unknown to the rest of us. And the word is not getting out. So everyone needs to quit thinking they know or have figured it out. They haven't and they probably never will.
Ian Neff
AG
Just saw this for the first time. Crazy.

I was one of the idiots. I still can't believe it.

Props to OP.
BadAggie
AG
sip came to the desire to join the SEC out of desperation. They aren't fooling anyone and they're just beginning a multi year stint in BDF purgatory.
Bryanisbest
AG
aggiebones said:

They will go Big10 eventually. Or possibly Pac10.

Neither the BIG or the PAC will help them. They will not be able to contend with us in recruiting if they go to either of those conferences. Going to the SEC is the only way to recruit against us in this state. No other conference will work for them.
Txindep
From SurlyHorns, pull quote below is a perfect statement of UT's entitled worldview (Ags are going to be reminded shortly just how obnoxious & toxic they are as conference members, despite punching below their weight class for many years):

"There is not now, nor will there ever be, a "we" for Texas or its fans, and joining the SEC isn't going to change that. There will never be camaraderie from our end just because we're in the same conference. I hope Arkansas, Texas ATM and OU all find a way to go 0-12 every year while we laugh and point at each of you for being impotent rubes."
Bryanisbest
AG
Texas is so toxic they will either destroy the host SEC or the host will vomit them out. Just watch
Year of the Germaphobe
AG
Bryan is a witch.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.