Danni transferring?

47,442 Views | 252 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tzone
JR69
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trackaggie76 said:

Returning starters just don't leave before their senior year unless there is an issue. There is not a playing time issue with these two so it obviously is something else. Both players are from out of state but why on God's Green Earth would Danni visit t.u.? I can, however, understand the respect issue. CC is potentially the best women's BBall player to ever wear the maroon and white and is soaking up all the love--and that can be a problem with other really good players like Danni and Lashes.
They will both be grad transfers. This could be anything from serious locker room or team chemistry issues to one or both wanting to pursue advanced degrees at a different school for a variety of reasons.
biobioprof
JR69 said:

trackaggie76 said:

Returning starters just don't leave before their senior year unless there is an issue. There is not a playing time issue with these two so it obviously is something else. Both players are from out of state but why on God's Green Earth would Danni visit t.u.? I can, however, understand the respect issue. CC is potentially the best women's BBall player to ever wear the maroon and white and is soaking up all the love--and that can be a problem with other really good players like Danni and Lashes.
They will both be grad transfers. This could be anything from serious locker room or team chemistry issues to one or both wanting to pursue advanced degrees at a different school for a variety of reasons.
Or it could be something they don't like here that's unrelated to athletics.

Once she decided to look around, tu makes perfect sense for Danni. They're contender, they just graduated some key guards, and the drive for her parents would be basically the same or a bit shorter. We haven't played them in WBB since 2014, which was before she was on the team. As an A&M fan it's hard to take, but it's not like she grew up bleeding maroon.

And we have plenty of families with members who went to both. A lot of faculty kids here go to tu.
JR69
AG
biobioprof said:

JR69 said:

trackaggie76 said:

Or it could be something they don't like here that's unrelated to athletics.

Once she decided to look around, tu makes perfect sense for Danni. They're contender, they just graduated some key guards, and the drive for her parents would be basically the same or a bit shorter. We haven't played them in WBB since 2014, which was before she was on the team. As an A&M fan it's hard to take, but it's not like she grew up bleeding maroon.

And we have plenty of families with members who went to both. A lot of faculty kids here go to tu.
Agreed
cs69ag
AG
Most of her friends go to tceh...she is not going there, although she would be the star.
Inca
AG
I understand she didn't grow up an Aggie. But, it will be especially hard to stomach if she goes to tu.
sharpdressedman
To me, it is inconceivable that she would go to tu. She would be crapping on her Aggie legacy and would never be considered more than a temporary filler at tu. She would be embraced by neither school in the long-run. Stupid.
Tzone
Advanced degrees have nothing to do with it, neither does competing for a national championship. Every team has locker room issues,
some bigger than others. Transferring for one year is not going to make you a better shooter, defender or ball handler. Fools gold to believe stats will improve at a different school if you're already playing 35 minutes a game at TAMU.
Bucketrunner
Not to mention foolishly squandering a lot of good will.
jja79
AG
I trust neither of these two is being allowed to use the basketball facilities.
Thymes
jja79 said:

That's an interesting question. I've seen no notification that either has quit nor been dismissed. The last official word was that Gary counseled them to go out and test the waters, with that hope that they'd find the grass not as green on the other side of the fence (how's that for mixed metaphors?).

So, while their escapades are probably screwing up Gary's recruiting (what do you do with possibly two open scholarships and holes to fill on next year's roster?), I think both are still on scholarship, are enrolled in school, and entitled to training room assistance. But what do I know?

There's just a pocket of acid indigestion in the pit of my stomach.
Gap
AG
I doubt that we have denied them the use of our facilities. As far as I know, Gary is recruiting them to stay for next year. Now, whether there minds are made up to leave already is another question, but I'm sure you can still find them in our facilities.
biobioprof
Think of it as a WBB version of Rumspringa
Quote:

When Amish children turn 16, the rules change. They're encouraged to experiment and explore. The idea is that teens will come back to the church after tasting the modern world. For most, this means a tentative foray -- a trip to the local movie theater, or driving lessons. But for some, the experience, called rumspringa, is all about sex, parties and fast cars.
aggieFann
Thymes said:

jja79 said:

That's an interesting question. I've seen no notification that either has quit nor been dismissed. The last official word was that Gary counseled them to go out and test the waters, with that hope that they'd find the grass not as green on the other side of the fence (how's that for mixed metaphors?).

So, while their escapades are probably screwing up Gary's recruiting (what do you do with possibly two open scholarships and holes to fill on next year's roster?), I think both are still on scholarship, are enrolled in school, and entitled to training room assistance. But what do I know?

There's just a pocket of acid indigestion in the pit of my stomach.
If you check the Anriel Howard thread, she's definitely leaving in my opinion. I think Danni is far more likely to stay.
cs69ag
AG
A friend of mine told me this morning that Danni told him yesterday that she is leaving for sure.
She did not say where.
Rudybryan
if I had to guess tu
Thymes
So, how soon can Gary award their scholarships to players who can help us mitigate the damage caused by the defection of two key seniors?
Rudybryan
We have been through this before.....my bet is on the
"Silver Fox" ...........the coaches will have a little
extra incentive to find a way.....
Thymes
I'm sure Gary will find a way. What sucks, besides the loss of two key players from a team I expected to contend for the Final Four, is having to pay for someone's summer school tuition who won't be back--and not be able to bring in that defector's replacement for summer conditioning and academic progress. Then the same defector possibly takes the court against us months later.
Rudybryan
why can't they come in......for conditioning and enroll in school
Tzone
2 post plyers were in this weekend. Jones is the only 4 on the roster. The plan was to bring in a freshman 4 after next season. Both players are gone and the team is fine, no tears are being shed.

Word was given to Anriel that they would pay for summer school knowing that she may not return because she's given to and done so much for the program. That's what you call being first class as a coaching staff. Transferring to an SEC school or anybody on the schedule next year is not gratitude for the first class treatment given.
Thymes
Rudybryan said:

why can't they come in......for conditioning and enroll in school
If a scholarship is available, I presume they could.
Thymes
Tzone said:

2 post players were in this weekend. Jones is the only 4 on the roster. The plan was to bring in a freshman 4 after next season. Both players are gone and the team is fine, no tears are being shed.

Word was given to Anriel that they would pay for summer school knowing that she may not return because she's given to and done so much for the program. That's what you call being first class as a coaching staff. Transferring to an SEC school or anybody on the schedule next year is not gratitude for the first class treatment given.

Bingo!
aggieFann
Not sure if this link will work but Danni confirmed on instagram that she will be leaving Texas A&M
https://instagr.am/p/BiQY8s_DfKP
Tzone
Now that it's been announced that both are leaving, here's the cold, hard truth..... neither wanted to play another year with the current point guard. Anriel will be playing in the SEC next season, MISS ST or USC. Danni probably TU. Neither will play, score or rebound as much as they did at TAMU.
Bucketrunner
I'll cheerfully keep that point guard.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Tzone and bucketrunner - hammer-nail head !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
aggieFann
At least we can now stop speculating and move on. Let's hope next season is even better than last.
Inca
AG
You have to do what makes you happy. But learning to get along with people is an important life lesson. Unless you are going to quit your job every time you don't like a coworker!

Seems like adding insult to injury to transfer within the conference and to tu. I'll have a hard time wishing them well under those circumstances.

If Lashes ends up at USCe, Dawn Staley will have her revenge for the Kelsey Bone transfer.
CDub06
AG
Wherever she ends up, I'll make sure I'm in attendance when we face them to let Howard know that she broke my heart.
Wicked Good Ag
If the truth is that they left because of the point guard which I am inclined to belief but don't like to assume then why wouldn't they decide to leave if it was that toxic. Two girls that have or will graduate leave a situation to which they don't want to be a part of because of that then I have no problem.
D.J. Flores
AG
news just ruined my damn day...
EMIN was WOW!
Fill me in:

Do we know why exactly they do not get along with Carter? Is it because she is the best player on the team?

I mean is Carter so bad, that these two starters decide to pettily go a conference rival and main rival school at this late juncture, and in the process hurt the program? I bet they don't do statistically better at their next school than they did here. They might not even go any farther in the post season when it is all said and done.
WestHillsAg
AG
BFD. Good luck to her.
greg.w.h
AG
There is no public explanation. And guessing is unkind to all parties who all have faithfully represented Texas A&M. All NCAA rules have been followed in completingor at least prospectively completingtheir baccalaureate degree and considering a graduate transfer to another institution .

As far as I can discern, there has never been a suspension for either transferring player, either. BBProf or Rudy can probably correct if my memory and search were incomplete.

I wish both the best and also expect that the 2018-2019 team will bring in more talent and set its own course to new destinations.
aggieFann
Rosy Finch Boy said:

Fill me in:

Do we know why exactly they do not get along with Carter? Is it because she is the best player on the team?

I mean is Carter so bad, that these two starters decide to pettily go a conference rival and main rival school at this late juncture, and in the process hurt the program? I bet they don't do statistically better at their next school than they did here. They might not even go any farther in the post season when it is all said and done.
I dont think this has to do with getting along with Carter. I havent heard anything about issues outside the court.They just want to be the "go-to" players on their team. I remember Danni stating that she was going to transfer after her first year at A&M when we had Walker, Jones, Williams, and company, and then she became the leading scorer the next year after they left and then in comes Carter last year who garnered much of the attention.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.