Danni transferring?

47,236 Views | 252 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tzone
Ags77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All you can say on a deal like this is adios. I don't wish them any personal bad will, but if we play them ....i hope we beat them and they dont score a point or get a rebound.

I miss the days when kids stuck it out and put the team above personal goals. ( like scoring, playing time etc..).

I laugh when i read kids saying " I love my time at ______ university and will always consider myself a _______, but I'm transferring to ________. "

WHAT A CROCK. Why not just say.. " Hey, I'm graduating and I want to put myself first and go somewhere where I can play, get better stats, win etc.... sorry teammates, this is about ME." At least be honest about it.
Thymes
Ags77 said:

All you can say on a deal like this is adios. I don't wish them any personal bad will, but if we play them ....i hope we beat them and they dont score a point or get a rebound.

I miss the days when kids stuck it out and put the team above personal goals. ( like scoring, playing time etc..).

I laugh when i read kids saying " I love my time at ______ university and will always consider myself a _______, but I'm transferring to ________. "

WHAT A CROCK. Why not just say.. " Hey, I'm graduating and I want to put myself first and go somewhere where I can play, get better stats, win etc.... sorry teammates, this is about ME." At least be honest about it.

One for one and all for oneself. Hooray for me and poop on you.

I like the Three Musketeers' original wording better.
EMIN was WOW!

Quote:

They just want to be the "go-to" players on their team.
I would bet $50 they don't end up being the go-to players for their new teams. They might not even be second in that order. They should go to untalented, crappy teams if they want to be the best player on the team. The teams they are going to are not necessarily hurting for talent and have been recruiting well. Their new teammates might not like the idea of a couple of mercenaries coming aboard to pad their stat lines.
Bucketrunner
Jealousy is an ugly thing and has led to some poor decisions.
SwervinKervin
AG
Completely selfish. Really sad that their parents couldn't help steer them in the right direction...
Artimus Gordon
Good I am glad we got that out of the way and everybody can move on. I would rather players leave now than spend their sr year sulking about who is getting the attention. I wish them well just not when playing us.

It will be interesting to see how one and done's at the end of their careers fit in to their new teams mix of players. The HC's know they won't be back next year and he can't create a problem with a soph or jr on his roster that he will have to rely on the year after they are gone!

Could it cause an Alex Robertson type situation for a player on their new teams.
MarcAg
AG
SwervinKervin said:

Completely selfish. Really sad that their parents couldn't help steer them in the right direction...

Funny how people say this when good players leave A&M, but we don't say it about players that transfer into A&M. Were those players not selfish for leaving their schools?
Wicked Good Ag
Bucketrunner said:

How do you know it is jealousy? What if it is other things?
I am not saying what it is...I don't know and there may be many reasons for leaving. One is graduation. But if they didn't get along with Carter because of whatever reason they decided to leave. Two people left with diplomas in hand
Maybe it just is that toxic of a situation and if it is a few people would leave as well

mullokmotx
AG
I agree it is time to move on and support the players who want to wear Maroon and White next season.
Thymes
Wicked Good Ag said:

Bucketrunner said:

How do you know it is jealousy? What if it is other things?
I am not saying what it is...I don't know and there may be many reasons for leaving. One is graduation. But if they didn't get along with Carter because of whatever reason they decided to leave. Two people left with diplomas in hand
Maybe it just is that toxic of a situation and if it is a few people would leave as well

The "toxic situation" here is akin to: "Someone else is going to score more points than me and get most of the limelight."

CDub06
AG
Thymes said:

The "toxic situation" here is akin to: "Someone else is going to score more points than me and get most of the limelight."
In my opinion, that scenario just doesn't make sense with why Howard would want out of here. She was getting her inside work. I couldn't imagine a situation where she'd be more productive than here.
Dandy 76
AG
SwervinKervin said:

How do you know the parents aren't steering them in the right direction?

I work with Danni's dad and after a long discussion with him it appears that playing another year at A&M is not the right thing for her future. There are obviously some issues, so if she and her parents can't see them getting resolved then it may be time to move on. The important thing is she has her A&M degree and her Aggie ring!
lilsportag02
AG
Couldn't agree more! There's a MUCH bigger picture but for some reason people are into their feelings instead of thinking that maybe just maybe this is what's best for the ladies.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Better to go to another school ????????????????????????????????????
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
OlArmy
AG
Dandy is correct, she has her Aggie ring and her A&M degree, but to many of us she will never be and Aggie.
Do the Christian thing, BTHO Baylor!!!
OlArmy
AG
OlArmy said:

Dandy is correct, she has her Aggie ring and her A&M degree, but to many of us she will never be an Aggie. That would be sort of like the Bataan muster organizer defecting to Japan.
biobioprof
Dandy 76 said:

SwervinKervin said:

I work with Danni's dad and after a long discussion with him it appears that playing another year at A&M is not the right thing for her future. There are obviously some issues, so if she and her parents can't see them getting resolved then it may be time to move on. The important thing is she has her A&M degree and her Aggie ring!
I'm more sympathetic to Danni and her family than with Anriel, for a variety of reasons. One is that unlike Anriel's situation, Danni's role in the O is more directly affected by the touches she loses to Carter. I happen to think that this might have changed next year, but who knows now.

I'd be curious, though about whether the discussion of what's right for her future is WNBA related or in life outside WBB.

If I had been one of Danni's advisors, I would have talked to her and her parents about how Anriel leaving was an opportunity for her to be the senior leader of the team. Hard to imagine that Blair and the staff didn't do that... and maybe that's not a role she's comfortable taking on.
greg.w.h
AG
biobioprof said:

Dandy 76 said:

SwervinKervin said:

I'm more sympathetic to Danni and her family than with Anriel, for a variety of reasons. One is that unlike Anriel's situation, Danni's role in the O is more directly affected by the touches she loses to Carter. I happen to think that this might have changed next year, but who knows now.

I'd be curious, though about whether the discussion of what's right for her future is WNBA related or in life outside WBB.

If I had been one of Danni's advisors, I would have talked to her and her parents about how Anriel leaving was an opportunity for her to be the senior leader of the team. Hard to imagine that Blair and the staff didn't do that... and maybe that's not a role she's comfortable taking on.

They're both either graduated or are graduating. We don't really know what the motivation to change is so everything we say is speculation. Both are following rules specifically designed to permit more transfers without schools interfering as they were wont to do in the past. They asked for a received releases.

I would love to have Danni or Anriel back in a professional capacity after they chase their basketball dreams. I hope the gradual school they get in extends that future professional career. Both have been fascinating and unique as Texas Aggies. We should treasure each for her individual contributions.

Do I wish both had stayed? Absolutely.
Thymes
Quote:

Dandy is correct, she has her Aggie ring and her A&M degree, but to many of us she will never be an Aggie. That would be sort of like the Bataan muster organizer defecting to Japan.
And, if she happens to play against us, it would be like the Bataan muster organizer leading a bonsai charge against his old unit.

Exactly? No, in both cases, the girls are following the rules.The NCAA's rules. May I suggest there are other unwritten rules.

Imagine Danni in burnt orange, or Anriel in South Carolina garnet, hitting a last-second shot to knock her former teammates out of March madness.

Many of us wouldn't want to hear about her degree, ring, or the proper procedures followed.
Bucketrunner
IMHO, going to tu is a big f. you to Aggies and their fans. To come back into our gym as an opponent/enemy is even worse.
bballrzmom11
Finally someone says what should have been said by all...thank you!!!! You guys should all wish these young ladies well because what is true is that everything on here is speculation but some of the things said are very cruel to two young ladies that did this program and this team well in the time they have been here. In the end they have to do what makes them happy and if at this point it's not here I aplaud them for stepping out on faith and doing what's best for them.
I am a true Aggie Mom and this is what was right for my daughter but not necessarily for everyone. Please just wish them well and move on to what looks to be a great upcoming season.
bballrzmom11
Gap
AG
I'm thankful both are leaving. We would have been looking to both to be senior leaders next season and without this would have never realized their goals and team goals would never have been the same.
Thymes
bballzrmom11: You should page over to the quotes attributed to one of these young ladies on a recent recruiting visit. It's one thing to praise your hosts, the coaches and the townspeople. It another to insinuate, by comparison, that your former coaches didn't have the ability, organization, or desire to coach you up to the WNBA level.

Some might even call it "cruel."
ComfortAg
AG
Quote:

it would be like the Bataan muster organizer leading a bonsai charge against his old unit.
She would attack us with tiny trees? I think the word you were looking for is 'banzai'.
Rudybryan
ComfortAg said:

Quote:

it would be like the Bataan muster organizer leading a bonsai charge against his old unit.
She would attack us with tiny trees? I think the word you were looking for is 'banzai'.

LMAO
biobioprof
http://www.theeagle.com/aggie_sports/a-m-s-williams-announces-she-s-leaving-texas-a/article_887b3b28-4e3d-11e8-9fa4-ff4c6c56299b.html

Quote:

Williams has talked with Mississippi State, South Carolina, Louisville and UCLA, said her father.

Williams' family, residents of Clovis, N.M., have made an effort to attend a majority of A&M's home games during Williams' career. However, proximity to home isn't necessarily a top priority for her final season, Regan Williams said.

"Whether she was going to stay at A&M or go somewhere else is completely up to her," Regan Williams said. "We'll make it work on our side however we need to do it. I don't know that proximity is that important to Danni."
tu and UConn not in that list but mentioned earlier.
JR69
AG
bballrzmom11 said:

Finally someone says what should have been said by all...thank you!!!! You guys should all wish these young ladies well because what is true is that everything on here is speculation but some of the things said are very cruel to two young ladies that did this program and this team well in the time they have been here. In the end they have to do what makes them happy and if at this point it's not here I aplaud them for stepping out on faith and doing what's best for them.
I am a true Aggie Mom and this is what was right for my daughter but not necessarily for everyone. Please just wish them well and move on to what looks to be a great upcoming season.
Yeah, sorry. You don't get to tell me what I should do. I get really tired of lectures from the mountain top.
JR69
AG
biobioprof said:

JR69 said:

trackaggie76 said:

Returning starters just don't leave before their senior year unless there is an issue. There is not a playing time issue with these two so it obviously is something else. Both players are from out of state but why on God's Green Earth would Danni visit t.u.? I can, however, understand the respect issue. CC is potentially the best women's BBall player to ever wear the maroon and white and is soaking up all the love--and that can be a problem with other really good players like Danni and Lashes.
They will both be grad transfers. This could be anything from serious locker room or team chemistry issues to one or both wanting to pursue advanced degrees at a different school for a variety of reasons.
Or it could be something they don't like here that's unrelated to athletics.

Once she decided to look around, tu makes perfect sense for Danni. They're contender, they just graduated some key guards, and the drive for her parents would be basically the same or a bit shorter. We haven't played them in WBB since 2014, which was before she was on the team. As an A&M fan it's hard to take, but it's not like she grew up bleeding maroon.

And we have plenty of families with members who went to both. A lot of faculty kids here go to tu.
Yeah that kind of falls into between "serious locker room or team chemistry" and "wanting to pursue advanced degrees at a different school for a variety of reaons"
JR69
AG
Bucketrunner said:

I'll cheerfully keep that point guard.
I've been more than impressed with Carter as a player - as a point guard not as much. She's got the ability, I'm hoping she develops the mindset. I'd rather have a point guard that plays like Sydney Colson, Jordan Jones, or Curtyce Knox.
BQ_90
AG
MarcAg said:

SwervinKervin said:

Funny how people say this when good players leave A&M, but we don't say it about players that transfer into A&M. Were those players not selfish for leaving their schools?
when did we get a three year starting graduate transfer off a top 20 team?

Can you not see the difference?
Wicked Good Ag
OlArmy said:

Dandy is correct, she has her Aggie ring and her A&M degree, but to many of us she will never be and Aggie.

The fact that this got enough stars to be blue is sad
OlArmy
AG
Bballrzmom, if you are, indeed, a "true Aggie Mom" aren't you even a little peeved at the public trashing of the A&M WBB program, coaches, and fans, followed by all the hearts, flowers and tears about "Always being an Aggie?" If these young women want to leave, that's fine with me, but don't desert their teammates, coaches and fans and then try to feed us all that drivel.
Rudybryan
Time to end this.......they both have had their 15 minutes of fame.....

They are leaving...their loss

time to close this conversation,,,,,,,,
Ags77
AG
That was my point exactly.

Spare me the "I cherish my time in aggieland... I will always be an aggie " crap.

Just own it. I graduated. I want to go somewhere else because they might let me shoot more or they might let me rebound more. Bye teammates. I want to be "happy ". Own that.

Bucketrunner
JR69 said:

Bucketrunner said:

I'll cheerfully keep that point guard.
I've been more than impressed with Carter as a player - as a point guard not as much. She's got the ability, I'm hoping she develops the mindset. I'd rather have a point guard that plays like Sydney Colson, Jordan Jones, or Curtyce Knox.
And none of these were as effective as freshmen as they were when they graduated. Carter will get there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.