Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Crypto-trading thread

780,275 Views | 8575 Replies | Last: 50 min ago by Bag
Yukon Cornelius
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He uses his revenue from company to buy btc. You work for money to buy btc. Buying alts and stocks for money to buy btc is somehow different?
TxAG#2011
COIN blowing up this morning. Fudge, was hoping to get in more.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Ya I'm late too
XpressAg09
AG
So is this run a combination of ETFs and upcoming halving? Do we think we've seen enough post-halving bumps to warrant pre-halving buying, and on a larger scale with interest from ETFs?
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Definitely etf driving a lot of it right now. Likely some post halving front running, the btc charts turned bullish back in October I believe too.

But to me it's more just the natural course of things.

Not every millionaire in America can own an entire bitcoin….
Kansas Kid
XpressAg09 said:

So is this run a combination of ETFs and upcoming halving? Do we think we've seen enough post-halving bumps to warrant pre-halving buying, and on a larger scale with interest from ETFs?

If you look at the prior halving events, the market has run up starting 4-12 months before the event and kept running after the event. As the attached chart shows, the returns from halving have declined each time but are all still phenomenal returns.

Yukon Cornelius
AG
Supply shock is going to be insane this time around.

https://www.coinglass.com/Balance

Look at this first graph. Supply on exchanges is dropping like a rock.
Spaceship
AG
It appears the average peak is 12-18 months after halving. Any guesses where the price is at mid 2025?
Kansas Kid
Spaceship said:

It appears the average peak is 12-18 months after halving. Any guesses where the price is at mid 2025?

No real clue and anyone who says they know is lying to themselves. I think there is more front running this time than in the past because the market is seeing this data and reacting accordingly but the real question is how much institutional money flows into the ETFs against a backdrop of new supply getting cut in half. I would love to see $100k but I would take the under.

I am not a crypto expert or even close to it so weigh my thoughts accordingly. It is just one of many products I trade and so I base a lot of my thinking on what I have seen in markets over time.
XpressAg09
AG
I'm hoping that the reduced returns in 2020 were more due to the SHTF moments of COVID and not a trend.

Although, to your point, still a great return.
XpressAg09
AG
Spaceship said:

Kansas Kid
XpressAg09 said:

I'm hoping that the reduced returns in 2020 were more due to the SHTF moments of COVID and not a trend.

Although, to your point, still a great return.

I think the reduced return is simply the law of large numbers. You won't see a 20000% return these days given the size of the market. I think this time will be less than 2020 because of the sheer size of the market and how much money would have to come in to get that kind of return. Could it happen, of course, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Also ftx was selling paper bitcoin. Stunted tbe last cycle.
Ptery83
Coinbase down?
Spaceship
AG
Ptery83 said:

Coinbase down?

It is for me.
ausag
AG
Ptery83 said:

Coinbase down?

Was wondering the same thing. Got worried when it was showing a zero balance for me!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
BTC up to $61k
Brother Shamus
Dump a roonies
Kansas Kid
A lot of people felt crypto and other retail favorite products benefitted from Covid because of the stimulus checks and lower spending people had. Now, Bitcoin has a lot more institutional money in it. Like I said. I don't know what will happen other than it will be interesting and probably something few envision.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Does anyone have an opinion on Theta coin? Friend of mine mentioned it and checking.
p-townag
AG
My only opinion is take on alt coins at your own risk. Can make some money if you're lucky, but most will rise and fall and go to zero compared to Bitcoin.
LMCane
XpressAg09 said:

for those of us with Bitcoin the best news is that based on the previous three halvings, the high from them only came 18 months later after the event.

which would be end of 2025.

very bullish!
Yukon Cornelius
AG
99% of alts are just vaporware buzzword salads with marketing campaigns. Most alts will also pump. Only you will be able to do enough due diligence on any specific alt
redfish24
AG
****still holding alts and poopcoins from 2021 waiting for them to come back****

They come back, right?

Right?
p-townag
AG
Some definitely will come back, but in time, everything goes to zero compared to Bitcoin.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Alt market cap will continue to grow as we move into the digital age. Most alts literally scams of vaporware with buzzword salads. Pump n Dumps etc. so hard to say what will go up or not.

But I hold a slew of alts myself
Kansas Kid
Alts in my mind are gambling hoping to hit the lottery ticket. Bitcoin and etherium are where you invest and trade.
BQ2001
AG
I got pretty lucky on my alt coins and sold and made some decent change and put it into bitcoin.

Only alt one I have any decent amount of is ADA and pretty much break even now. I'm telling myself it will get back up in the next year or so and I'll hop out. My biggest luck was cashing out my Harmony One when it was near ath (think I bailed at .27). I was scared I was going to miss out on really big gains then saw they got hacked and now it's pretty much dead. Still have some super tiny amounts of LINK and MATIC that I had almost forgot about, so crossing my fingers on those.
nortex97
AG
If anyone wants a truly bullish video on BTC to watch this one might be worth it (can skip the first 9 or 10 minutes).

Yukon Cornelius
AG
Might be better off rolling ADA into a different alt like INJ or something. The unchain metrics for ADA are pretty terrible from a user standpoint. Just something to think about
Algorithmic Epiphany
BQ2001 said:

I got pretty lucky on my alt coins and sold and made some decent change and put it into bitcoin.

Only alt one I have any decent amount of is ADA and pretty much break even now. I'm telling myself it will get back up in the next year or so and I'll hop out. My biggest luck was cashing out my Harmony One when it was near ath (think I bailed at .27). I was scared I was going to miss out on really big gains then saw they got hacked and now it's pretty much dead. Still have some super tiny amounts of LINK and MATIC that I had almost forgot about, so crossing my fingers on those.

I just imagine my grandma, and me telling her how there's this great crypto call Harmony One I'll sell you my tokens and we can have it safe for inheritance.... oh.. granny sorry it went to zero, but at least I've got my money...

Just imagine when you're dumping your altcoin bags you're dumping on FOMO grandma.

Pepper Brooks
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

Might be better off rolling ADA into a different alt like INJ or something. The unchain metrics for ADA are pretty terrible from a user standpoint. Just something to think about

Why'd you have to go and send up the LatinAggie bat signal? Cmon man.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Lol unfamiliar there. ADA is garbage to me. But that's just my opinion, probably uniformed. Looks like it has a little pump action. But to me it's a trash chain full of baggies looking to dump on new comers to be whole again
Pepper Brooks
AG
LatinAggie is a Hoskinson fan boy. You won't have to go far back in the thread to see what I'm talking about.

ADA = Bruno

It's easier to just not talk about Bruno.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Dang. No one is bullish enough.
First Page Last Page
Page 239 of 246

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.