Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Crypto-trading thread

781,491 Views | 8577 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by ac04
TxAG#2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Monywolf said:

The advantage of owning the coins is you own bitcoin.

If you buy the etf, you aren't buying bitcoin. Period.
Ok great, but hardly anyone gives a *****

99% of people don't need the physical advantages of owning Bitcoin on cold storage.
Algorithmic Epiphany
TxAG#2011 said:

Monywolf said:

99% of people don't need the physical advantages of owning Bitcoin on cold storage.

This guy still doesn't grasp the concept of bitcoin. Custodied bitcoin is far more likely to be seized in an executive order 6102 like custodied gold.

Not recognizing that is a personal weakness 99% of people might have to directly experience before recognizing the detriments.
TxAG#2011
Algorithmic Epiphany said:

TxAG#2011 said:

Monywolf said:

This guy still doesn't grasp the concept of bitcoin. Custodied bitcoin is far more likely to be seized in an executive order 6102 like custodied gold.

Not recognizing that is a personal weakness 99% of people might have to directly experience before recognizing the detriments.

Executive order? Lmao, keep this **** on the politics border with those lunatics.
Algorithmic Epiphany
TxAG#2011 said:

Pepper Brooks said:

TxAG#2011 said:

Alts are riding BTCs coattails, per usual

FIFY

Bitcoin gets nice gains, alts get you rich

ah, here's the disconnect

You still visualize the world in cukbucks, I mean dollars, and not sats.

Just make sure you compare whatever gains you make to thr bitcoin value not the dollar value.
tysker
AG
BTC fans: Creating ETFs will add legitimacy and confidence to the product
Also, BTC fans: ETFs will undermine the purpose of BTC and centralize custody within a handful of large financial (TBTF?) institutions

LIkely, both are probably true
ac04
freedom to choose how you'd like to interact with bitcoin is good. increased adoption is good.
Kansas Kid
tysker said:

Also, BTC fans: ETFs will undermine the purpose of BTC and centralize custody within a handful of large financial (TBTF?) institutions

Even if they get to a 100B product, they would only control ~10% of all Bitcoin. One could argue a little higher because of lost Bitcoin that effectively no longer exist.
Brother Shamus
Dump a roonies
Algorithmic Epiphany
TxAG#2011 said:

Algorithmic Epiphany said:

TxAG#2011 said:

Monywolf said:

Executive order? Lmao, keep this **** on the politics border with those lunatics.

Oy vey....
Algorithmic Epiphany
tysker said:

Yes, sometimes I feel schizophrenic with the competing perspectives.

I've always claimed, "only pain brings maturity to markets and people."

At the end of the day, This is actually a good thing for Bitcoin.
Done7
Vanguard sucks. That's all.
hunter2012
AG
Bitcoin down big today after being up big all week, welcome to the roller coaster.

Pepper Brooks
AG
If you think this is the roller coaster, you know nothing Jon Snow.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
BQ2001
AG
My weekly DCA just hit at the right time
TxAG#2011
Bitcoin up big, Ethereum and Solano also exploding. Solana is going to be the big one I still feel.

Also up massive on SUI the last month.
LihaiAg06
AG
Expecting The Graph (GRT) to go on a nice run to .50 soon
Kansas Kid
There may be some pressure on Bitcoin and Ethereum over the next few weeks.

Genesis secures court approval to sell GBTC shares worth $1.3 billion. This will be an outflow similar in size to FTX which was a material part of the drop last month.

Additionally, Genesis is set to offload over 11 million shares in two Grayscale Ethereum Trusts, further bolstering its assets with over $200 million.
https://cryptoslate.com/genesis-secures-court-approval-to-sell-gbtc-shares-worth-1-3-billion/
RED AG 98
AG
I have a very small position in GTBC through my Fidelity IRA, DCA'd back when first announced throught 2021. It's really lagged BTC a great deal but as of today it's actually up ~9% from my entry. Even though less 1% of my portfolio, I'm still very tempted to bail.

I'm assuming the board consensus is to stay / run far away?
Kansas Kid
RED AG 98 said:

I have a very small position in GTBC through my Fidelity IRA, DCA'd back when first announced throught 2021. It's really lagged BTC a great deal but as of today it's actually up ~9% from my entry. Even though less 1% of my portfolio, I'm still very tempted to bail.

I'm assuming the board consensus is to stay / run far away?

If you don't have a sizable capital gain, I would sell GBTC and buy one of the other ETFs. They will move in random with Bitcoin but the others will outperform by about 1% per year due to lower fees.

GBTC won't go back to the sizable discount it was at when it was a trust instead of an ETF.
TxAG#2011
Kansas Kid said:

There may be some pressure on Bitcoin and Ethereum over the next few weeks.

Genesis secures court approval to sell GBTC shares worth $1.3 billion. This will be an outflow similar in size to FTX which was a material part of the drop last month.

Additionally, Genesis is set to offload over 11 million shares in two Grayscale Ethereum Trusts, further bolstering its assets with over $200 million.
https://cryptoslate.com/genesis-secures-court-approval-to-sell-gbtc-shares-worth-1-3-billion/
Blackrock ETF inflows yesterday were $700 million +.

5 years ago that was a -10%. Market wasn't even spooked by this news yesterday.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
What alt positions y'all in?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
The only alt I've bought since 2021 is some token amounts of XRP. I have a bunch of different alt from the run up before then though.
LihaiAg06
AG
GRT, RNDR, XAI, INJ
Ramdiesel
HBAR, PNG, Jasmy, Kaspa, FLR, and XLM.

Probably all bad positions, I'm a newbie to investing in crypto...
Algorithmic Epiphany
Ramdiesel said:

HBAR, PNG, Jasmy, Kaspa, FLR, and XLM.

Probably all bad positions, I'm a newbie to investing in crypto...

Your entry is another's exit. It's a terribly predatory environment. Would not recommend.

Try Stacking sats instead and learning self-custody tools and techniques. Much better investment of time/energy.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Hard to say what's good or bad. Just being in the space is important. You'll get some bitcoin maxis say don't buy anything but btc. Which to me is a little short sighted and plenty of room to have btc and alts. But make no mistake bitcoin is the revolution. It's the base layer. Everything else is on top.

But in regards to your positions they will likely pump in the coming year nicely.
TxAG#2011
ETH
SOL
ICP
SUI
SYN

Looking at FET

Unfortunately I think the days of Binance and Kucoin sh*tcoinnery are behind me so mostly limiting myself to Coinbase
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Been rugged huh
TxAG#2011
Yukon Cornelius said:

Been rugged huh

Not that I can recall. Just that they still aren't legal to use and the IRS now has oversight in those arenas. Also much more of a PITA when it comes to taxes.

Plenty of opportunity on Coinbase. Sadly it's not the wild west anymore.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Nice. Coinbase has definitely dipped its toes into lower mc coins than they did 3-4 years ago.
Coinbase has its own layer 2 now, BASE. Which I think will be a decent place for low caps. Coinbase will be pushing people to use base so it's likely to capture decent liquidity.

It's still pretty fringe Wild West.
TxAG#2011
Hmmm I think I am just realizing now what Base is. I've seen it referenced a few times on X.

OP is the coin that base runs on? Kinda like Matic?
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Yes. Base layer is lagging behind other solutions for faster cheaper transactions etc. but this upcoming year I'm anticipating Coinbase to really start pushing users to it and we'll see the liquidity on base layer rise and new projects launch there etc etc.

IF and that's a big IF you were looking for low cap cryptos and have an extremely high risk tolerance I would look at stuff on base layer.

I could be completely wrong but as I see it all the layer 2 solutions are competing for liquidity. Which they market to existing crypto users. Faster TXs. Cheaper TXs. More liquidity already on their layer. Etc etc. but I don't think many have the market share advantage of onboarding crypto users like Coinbase does. They will frontrun the others. And since the mainstream hysteria hasn't happened base layer in terms of total liquidity on it is lagging behind the other layer 2 solution. Which as an investment prospect I like.

I could also see, Coinbase trying to leverage their high US regulations compliance to allow their layer 2 solution to be the one adopted by other companies looking for a layer 2.
TxAG#2011
I like it alot. Need to familiarize more with it. Now that Ftx is gone and CZs indictment I see few competitors for Coinbasee.

Super bullish on COIN equity as well.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
I agree 100% about COIN too. I don't have any yet but I'm process to get some. But I think it's massively undervalued.
Algorithmic Epiphany
Yukon Cornelius said:

I agree 100% about COIN too. I don't have any yet but I'm process to get some. But I think it's massively undervalued.

Saylor lays it out pretty well.

First Page Last Page
Page 238 of 246

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.