Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Chevron/Anadarko

49,051 Views | 233 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 2wealfth Man
FarmerJohn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, just a week or so ago they said this after losing close to a billion dollars
Quote:

Occidental CEO Vicki Hollub expressed support for dividend on the company's recent fourth-quarter earnings conference call, saying the company has "flexibility" with its cost structure "to continue to pay our dividend."
Just how flexible did she mean? Like, we're flexible if we need to be or we're really straining to make this dividend. Because if it's the later, that dividend is going away. (I think it's that one.)

Or to put that in internet speak

IrishTxAggie
AG
Ulrich said:

IrishTxAggie said:

coolerguy12 said:

Oxy stock is at a 10 year low and dropping more today. The outcome of their shareholder meeting will be very interesting today.
I'm giving strong consideration to jumping in with both feet on OXY stock

Hopefully you didn't jump in with both feet.
No...No I did not thank God! Ended up losing it elsewhere this last month instead.
Ulrich
[Joke]This is why we don't let women be CEOs[/joke]
austinAG90
AG
Vicki's statement claims OXY will now enable it to break even on a cash basis with crude trading in the low $30 -a- barrel range. I don't believe that.
IrishTxAggie
AG
austinAG90 said:

Vicki's statement claims OXY will now enable it to break even on a cash basis with crude trading in the low $30 -a- barrel range. I don't believe that.
As long as it buys her 8.5 more weeks...
HeightsAg
What kind of whiskey are you on the hook for?
IrishTxAggie
AG
HeightsAg said:

What kind of whiskey are you on the hook for?
If I win, I'm going for some WhistlePig or Blanton's. Not sure what fairviewcrew wants if I lose.
austinAG90
AG
8.5 weeks for ??
IrishTxAggie
AG
austinAG90 said:

8.5 weeks for ??
fairviewcrew and I have a bet on whether or not Vicki will still be CEO at OXY on May 6.
austinAG90
2wealfth Man
AG
I have been in transit today and missed this call. Is Buffet still going to get his preferred dividends. That is about $800m per year.
Dirt 05
AG
Pioneer, Concho, Oxy, Diamondback, and Cimarex now have roughly the combined market cap of the Anadarko acquisition price from last year.

Time for a Texags group buy?

HeightsAg
IrishTxAggie said:

austinAG90 said:

8.5 weeks for ??
fairviewcrew and I have a bet on whether or not Vicki will still be CEO at OXY on May 6.
Icahn just upped his stake to 10%. Not looking bueno for you my friend.
DRE06
AG
Icahn will be on CNBC tomorrow at 11:30am central. Should be interesting.
Cyp0111
OXY needs to sell. They're toast
IrishTxAggie
AG
HeightsAg said:

IrishTxAggie said:

austinAG90 said:

8.5 weeks for ??

Saved by the board...
Dirt 05
AG
Icahn can get 20% ownership by plunking down another $1.5 B right now.... This may turn out to be an epic backfire
Scruffy
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

HeightsAg said:

IrishTxAggie said:

austinAG90 said:

8.5 weeks for ??

Saved by the board...
Can you explain what this means? I don't know much about shares etc.
ARCHag08
Seems to say, if the board does not like you, you have to pay $80 billion. Could be wrong. What a soap opera.
RightWingConspirator
AG
Looks like they made it much more expensive for someone to buy them out. Wow, what a complete cluster.
HeightsAg
Wow, talk about a board that has clearly abandoned their fiduciary obligation to provide governance for the betterment of shareholders. OXY should pray that it gets acquired but it sounds like Vicki and her cronies would rather go down swinging than giving in to Icahn. This was the Billy Badass attitude that got them in this mess in the first place.
Ulrich
Hollub made a terrible decision. The transaction never should have happened, and when the asset sales didn't materialize that should have put her on thin ice. Instead, the board is closing ranks even though the clock has run out on their scheme.
jamaggie06
AG
" Occidental Petroleum Corp. is nearing a truce with Carl Icahn that would conclude one of the highest-profile corporate clashes of the past year and usher the activist investor into the embattled oil producer's board room as it seeks to recover from a series of setbacks.

Andrew Langham and Nicholas Graziano, two lieutenants of the billionaire investor, would receive seats on Occidental's board under the terms currently being discussed, people familiar with the matter said. Mr. Icahn and the company would also mutually agree on a third, independent director, who is likely to be Herbalife Nutrition Ltd. board member Margarita Palu-Hernndez, some of the people said.

As part of the deal, Mr. Icahn would also bless Occidental's plan to bring back Stephen Chazen, its former chief executive, as chairman, as The Wall Street Journal reported this past week.

Occidental CEO Vicki Hollub, who has come under fire from Mr. Icahn, is expected to retain her position."

From WSJ

https://www.wsj.com/articles/occidental-nears-settlement-with-carl-icahn-11584893424?emailToken=b7c9e08d0b7470ec2353c0e5ce66f19be4ab7OyILDDl8r2QsXBsYSaL2hs3WPnk1SASmyhznjHufvdIzkkqqlQQNIBqybUqpBfW0Np1bGXYCneDcwOB2tEPzq/rrzLvo+ndICdMxoE%3D&reflink=article_copyURL_share
Cyp0111
There must be an expensive provision in her contract.
2wealfth Man
AG
2wealfth Man said:

I have been in transit today and missed this call. Is Buffet still going to get his preferred dividends. That is about $800m per year.
Dividend was paid in stock; more dilution for OXY shareholders.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.