Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Under Armour (UA)

24,009 Views | 138 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bocephus
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think Curry being down for at least two weeks hurts them a bit. He won't be 100% the rest of the playoffs and if GS doesn't win it all, especially after beating the Bulls regular season record, UA misses out on a huge marketing campaign. Not saying UA won't still do well, but it would be a missed opportunity.
gougler08
AG
I agree with both of the last points
AgsMyDude
AG
I love that this thread and officially broken down into 2 discussions

A. Who learned about splits Earliest in life
B. UA only sponsors athletes who choke
Bonfire1996
AG
Just signed Bryce Harper to 10 year extension

Curry
Harper
Cam
Speith

Wow.
HawthornAggie
AG
quote:
Just signed Bryce Harper to 10 year extension

Curry
Harper
Cam
Speith

Wow.

Tom Brady as well
pfo
AG
UA announced they are losing a couple of big wigs considered key personnel in their fantastic performance. Stock reacting poorly.

We went to our granddaughters field day today and UA gear was everywhere. More than any other sportswear and it looked good.

I hope to be able to buy this stock cheaper one day.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
quote:
UA announced they are losing a couple of big wigs considered key personnel in their fantastic performance. Stock reacting poorly.

We went to our granddaughters field day today and UA gear was everywhere. More than any other sportswear and it looked good.

I hope to be able to buy this stock cheaper one day.

Robin Thurston being let go is a good thing in my opinion. UA tried to dabble in the fitness applications and failed. Trim the fat and move on. As the poster mentioned above me UA is everywhere.
cjo03
AG
quote:
Robin Thurston being let go is a good thing in my opinion. UA tried to dabble in the fitness applications and failed. Trim the fat and move on.

Can you expand on this perspective of 'trim the fat'? Robin co-founded mymapfitness which was one of UA's many fitness application acquisitions. UA's "connected fitness" strategy is one of their huge initiatives right now.

Has he announced where he is going? I hadn't heard he was "let go".
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Sorry for the phrasing.Robin resigned and was not let go. Me saying "trim the fat" I mean quit pouring money into digital fitness apps/products. Stick to clothing.
BT1395
AG
Wow.
giddings_ag_06
AG
BT1395 said:

Wow.

Buying opportunity
bmks270
AG
So they beat on earnings and have double digit sales and revenue growth but stock tanks.
DRE06
AG
bmks270 said:

So they beat on earnings and have double digit sales and revenue growth but stock tanks.

Big growth isn't enough when massive growth is expected/priced in.

This may be a big enough selloff to give me an opportunity to buy in. Been waiting 2 years.
devastor
AG
yeah question is to sell, wait for a little more of a drop or buy more now?
ATL Aggie
AG
Hey guys. I dont participant in this forum much but I had to jump in to see what you are saying about UA. I bought in at $42 last year and thinking about doubling down. It hit a new 52 week low this morning. Anyone else thinking about doubling down today for a long term hold?
giddings_ag_06
AG
IMO, this is a fantastic buying opportunity, especially if you're wanting to buy and hold.
bmks270
AG
I got into UA a while ago around $80... I sold my split class C shares about 2 weeks ago... Maybe time to reinvest them into the class A (or is it B).
bmks270
AG
It's back down to 2014 prices... Is stock undervalued now, or was it overvalued in 2014?
clobby
AG
In at 32.01.
62strat
AG
Got in at $31.23.

Plan to hold indefinitely.
Nagler
AG
I got in this morning... we'll see.
ATL Aggie
AG
In at 31.20
DRE06
BT1395
AG
I'm certainly not the smartest guy in the world, but you'd be hard pressed to convince me that this isn't a good stock for at least the medium term, if not longer. Granted the valuation was a bit high over the past few years, but they are consistently gaining market share and growing revenue every quarter. I have two boys who play several youth sports and every time we show up at a game or practice, it looks like UA sponsored the event....UA is everywhere you look all over these kids! I'm about to sound like an old guy, but when I was growing up, we normally wore "nice" clothes to school and/or going out. These days, a significant percentage of school-age boys are draped in athletic gear 24/7. UA's marketing image (coupled with Nike and Adidas over the past few years) has changed the way we spend dollars on clothes and shoes - they now get a much bigger share of that spend than what they did 10 or more years ago. I don't see that trend reversing anytime soon and UA is leading that parade.
pfo
AG
Under Armer was priced for better than perfection. As a 20% plus grower it's PE at one time was 100 which is ridiculous. It's PE is still 68 which is still high plus there may be some fear Trump might put a tariff on their goods manufactured outside this country..... which is a lot of their stuff. Finally the company just gave more conservative guidance which hurts expensive stocks.

But UA is a great company and is certainly a long term hold. I am going to buy it when it reaches $10/share!

Just kidding. But I do plan to start initiating and building a position in the stock. it's currrnyly one of the heaviest shorted stocks on the exchange.
bmks270
AG
Kids are growing up with under armor. They have unique product that actually fills a functional need and is not just propped up on name brand, though they have built a great name brand too.
AggieMainland
Ok finally in at $30.60

I'll probably be in against at $26ish
94chem
Factor in that they can make everything using off-patent technology developed by someone else, make stuff in countries with legal slave labor, and sell it for name brand pricing, what's not to like? Long term, they're not competing with Adidas or Nike; they're competing with the next UA...whoever that might be.
cjo03
AG
94chem said:

Factor in that they can make everything using off-patent technology developed by someone else,

or developed by the same poached person... they have been throwing buckets of money at Nike folks for years now

they will be around for a while.
redag06
BT1395
AG
Doubled my position at $30.80. Long-term belief still in tact...
FaceMask
At $26
IrishTxAggie
AG
Nevermind
Ragoo
AG
crap I think I was duped by the ticker symbol for the Class A shares changing.
62strat
AG
Woah did it really just drop $4?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.