Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,978,575 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Out of CLSK puts for 3x gain. Added to my shares to lower basis. HODL now. Will determine stop level at end of day. Likely under $7.50
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
giddings_ag_06
AG
Wondering if this is a good buy spot for MARA. It's been hammered the past few weeks.
Ragoo
AG
giddings_ag_06 said:

Wondering if this is a good buy spot for MARA. It's been hammered the past few weeks.
it bounced right off the gap fill at 13.60
Furlock Bones
AG
Can't log into Fidelity. classic.
hedge
Heineken-Ashi
giddings_ag_06 said:

I added some to lower basis. But expecting lower. Maybe not today. If BTC were to pull a rabbit out of the hat, it would be now.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Tumble Weed
Chef Elko said:

Robinhood has been surprisingly reliable. I revert to them when Schwab is down, which is often. I miss TDA
I really miss TDA.

I have both Schwab and Fidelity now. Feels like I am using software from 2003.
Bigballin
AG
Knew I should have dumped a lot of MSFT when it went north of $450. Guess it is time to buy more and ride out the storm
Brewmaster
AG
BayAg_14 said:

**** you Schwab!
2nd'd. I was able to BTFD in my fidelity accts not in my ToS. they should rename it Think or Drown, Think or Sink? lol.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
giddings_ag_06 said:

I'm not buying right now, but this is one I'm watching very closely for when the dust settles some I'm pouncing.
atmag95
AG
I should've loaded the boat on ASTS. It's my only green today! LOL
CC09LawAg
Thanks for this post. Talked me out of panic selling POWL covered calls for a little bit longer.
rathAG05
AG
Pignorant said:

We're at levels not seen since 3 months ago.
ProgN
CC09LawAg said:

Thanks for this post. Talked me out of panic selling POWL covered calls for a little bit longer.
Glad you didn't dump it, especially since it's gone red/green in the face of this selling pressure on the macros. That should make everyone feel pretty good about their strength.
ktownag08
AG
Can't get into Schwab!!!!!!!!!!
Bocephus
AG
ktownag08 said:

Took me a second to get into Fidelity
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
TriAg2010
AG
M4 Benelli said:

Can't buy friggin dog chow because Vanguard's network is held together by silly string.

John Bogle is in heaven laughing. If you're trading market swings he doesn't want your money.
M4 Benelli
Going to sleep. How "convenient" that all these brokerage sites go to pot on massive red days.

At least I can sleep easy on a bed of POWL shares.

POWELL "The mattress that whisks you to sleep."
ktownag08
AG
I'm fully locked out. ToS. Online. Nothing. Just says please try back later. Absolutely ****ing insane!
hedge
To be fair they need to revamp their platform it's arguably the worst of the big BDs
Ragoo
AG
Bocephus said:

ktownag08 said:

Took me a second to get into Fidelity
still cannot get into ATP
CC09LawAg
Yes, it hasn't rocketed like I secretly hoped for, but I've been impressed with how it's holding up in light of the chaos going on everywhere else.

I think/hope if it can just stay sideways this week we'll be back on track.
jagvocate
AG
Finally got into Schwab. Looked like a crime scene!

ProgN
CC09LawAg said:

Yes, it hasn't rocketed like I secretly hoped for, but I've been impressed with how it's holding up in light of the chaos going on everywhere else.

I think/hope if it can just stay sideways this week we'll be back on track.
When the rest of the world realizes that the world isn't ending and come to their senses, I bet it explodes higher.
ktownag08
AG
I can't even witness the crime scene. Still no dice...
confucius_ag
AG
Need some advice: I have a chunk of AUG 9 27P on PLTR I bought to hedge my long position.
Cost 1.74----- Currently @ 4.50

Would you sell now to book profit or hold until tomorrow post-earning tonight? Or hold them and execute them?
"Me not know, me not tell, me push button and run like hell."
Fightin_Aggie
AG
nm
ProgN
confucius_ag said:

Need some advice: I have a chunk of AUG 9 27P on PLTR I bought to hedge my long position.
Cost 1.74----- Currently @ 4.50

Would you sell now to book profit or hold until tomorrow post-earning tonight? Or hold them and execute them?

Personally, I'd sell at least half and not gamble all or nothing on their earnings and possibly losing almost 200% profit because of greed.

Fightin_Aggie
AG
M4 Benelli said:

Going to sleep. How "convenient" that all these brokerage sites go to pot on massive red days.

At least I can sleep easy on a bed of POWL shares.

POWELL "The mattress that whisks you to sleep."
Screwing the little guy, again
confucius_ag
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

nm
My Schwab is working fine, which is usually not the case of big volume days.
"Me not know, me not tell, me push button and run like hell."
Ragoo
AG
I think SPX needs to close the gap at 5060 before we see any reversal

That also tags the 200 ema
txaggie_08
AG
Mine is fine now. It wasn't working before 9CT.
AgEng06
AG
Let me just pile on and complain that TOS is down.
Chef Elko
AG
Gotta just gamble and buy premarket before the opening panic that shuts down all the brokers
Heineken-Ashi
I'm going to say this one last time.

This is not a flash crash. Go look at how much the market sold off on Black Monday. If this were that, we'd be down MUCH MUCH more.

We are likely in the very beginning of a change of dynamic. A period that will have violent moves in both directions. If you are buying equities, you might be providing liquidity to sellers and margin calls.

Every bounce from this point should be treated as corrective, meaning a retracement of a previous down move. If you are anything but short term trading playing a bounce, you are risking a lot. Please use stops. But understand, we are in a massive short gamma regime with volatility that hasnt been seen since 2020. Bid and ask spreads when you try to sell could be very wide and your stops might not trigger at the level you think they will. This goes for today and the short term moving forward.

In times like this, you do not want to be in the large crowd rushing through a small door.

Please be careful.

All of that said, there WILL be bounces. If not, you will start to see Black Monday type selling. And we haven't seen that yet, even with how crazy last night and this morning has been.

First Page Last Page
Page 6560 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.