Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,967,377 Views | 231553 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NVDA - Hold $115 on any pullback and go get $125 and that will be the most bullish setup. I'd then wait for $115-$120 to buy in looking for new highs.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
ProgN
Tex1212 said:

What are your thoughts on S&P Capital IQ Pro? I get access via my job
Thank you, I've never heard of it before and just glancing it over it looks intriguing, I'll try to look at it closer over the weekend.
El_duderino
SMCI picking up steam
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Brewmaster said:

there's a TSLA 2x etf? lol this is a new level of degeneracy!

TSLL

tons of volume in TSLA into the close.

But does it have weeklies!?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jamey
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

NVDA - Hold $115 on any pullback and go get $125 and that will be the most bullish setup. I'd then wait for $115-$120 to buy in looking for new highs.

That's the sort of stuff that really helps me
tlh3842
AG
HA, on your O&G stocks, are you still referencing the same stops from the table you shared here several months back? I got stopped out of KOS based on that today, so wanted to verify it for the other O&G ones I'm in.
ProgN
Ok, after further review, this is what I'll be acting on at the open tomorrow. If $ARM is in the $120s then I'll buy it. I have some reserve cash, but I may peel off some of my POWL position and use house money for this trade. I think POWL will open up $190+ and I hope $ARM gets murdered premarket. If I sell any POWL it will be minor and take advantage of $ARM being on sale. The way I see it is my downside loss is $ARM touching the $100-105 range, but my upside could be north of $180 because institutions and retail really love this stock. The only thing stopping me from becoming Dexter St. Jock Eddie Murphy Raw reference) swinging, is that if we have a significant correction, then I might be forced to hold ARM during that and not able to capitalize on other setups.

Like always, do your own DD and decide for yourselves. I will post when I move tomorrow morning.
Heineken-Ashi
tlh3842 said:

HA, on your O&G stocks, are you still referencing the same stops from the table you shared here several months back? I got stopped out of KOS based on that today, so wanted to verify it for the other O&G ones I'm in.
Not really. And it takes a ton of time to keep a sheet like that updated. Most of the plays I was tracking shifted to more of a diagonal setup, meaning much more overlapping. I got stopped out on some to. The positions I have now don't have the tightest stops. I'm more just banking on the energy bull and going after companies with strong balance sheets that can re-invest in themselves and excel in the future that seems to be around the corner. Trying to move away from "growth" energy companies, though I still have a few. I'm in the middle process of researching what I think will be the best companies moving forward. I know many people here work in the industry. Without giving away insider info, I'd love to hear some companies this baord thinks are positioned well for the future. When I can match the fundamentals with the technical is when I jump in.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Heineken-Ashi
Silver doing exactly what I wanted it to. Tracked this setup from the first jump off the low and it's played out perfectly. Enough waves in place to consider that 5 full waves up, though I'd like higher between the two fib targets. Hold a clearly 3-wave retrace above $28 and then let's get some freaking fireworks in August and September. I'm talking $35-$40 SLV.

Heineken-Ashi
And just so you fully understand what a real 5-wave impulsive pattern looks like.. you've heard me before say "stair step". When walking up stairs, the next step shouldn't drop you lower than the previous step.

Heineken-Ashi
NVDA

bmoochie
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Silver doing exactly what I wanted it to. Tracked this setup from the first jump off the low and it's played out perfectly. Enough waves in place to consider that 5 full waves up, though I'd like higher between the two fib targets. Hold a clearly 3-wave retrace above $28 and then let's get some freaking fireworks in August and September. I'm talking $35-$40 SLV.

So if I understand this correctly, you are expecting (hoping) that we start a little retrace, back up a little and back down to the $28.30 level. Hold that and that will complete the thesis and give room for the big run up you are talking about with SLV up to $35-40?
giddings_ag_06
AG
I love TexAgs
Twisted Helix
nvm
wrong forum
Heineken-Ashi
bmoochie said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

So if I understand this correctly, you are expecting (hoping) that we start a little retrace, back up a little and back down to the $28.30 level. Hold that and that will complete the thesis and give room for the big run up you are talking about with SLV up to $35-40?
Think of it as the start of the start of the next move up. Because these patterns are fractal when truly impulsive.

Each move in an impulse will break down into a smaller 5-wave move. So Wave 1 should be 5. Wave 3 should be 5. Wave 5 should be 5. And what I posted would be merely become the larger 1 in a larger 5-wave move that gets Silver spot back into the low $30's. What I posted was this tiny blip on the daily chart.

EliteZags
AG
bit on ARM @125 AH but only caught about half what I intended before it ran to 130 due to trying to free up some Roth funds first so I could swing trade it without worrying about STCG, so guess also stuck hoping for a premarket/open dip
Philip J Fry
AG
Prog, probably already asked, but what is your target for POWL, or is it just a long term hold for you to take it to the moon?
aggiebrad16
AG
I liked finding small cap midstream companies. My favorite CEQP was aquired by ET late last year. ET has been great performing. Increasing dividend each quarter, although definitely not a small cap. Would be interested your thoughts.

The other I've started looking into fundamentals on is CVE. Someone I really respect is heavily accumulating this one.
nortex97
AG
Is BA a good buy now with analysts predicting over $330?

Only a $10 or so swing since Calhoun out/new guy in, so far ($191 premarket).

TheVarian
AG
Too good lol

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9iHbtngwl5/?igsh=MWo1cXJjd3MxdXpwZg==
ProgN
Philip J Fry said:

Prog, probably already asked, but what is your target for POWL, or is it just a long term hold for you to take it to the moon?
I'd like to see it takeout $210 and run to $220-230 area, then I'll book a lot of profit. If you look at what it's done after blowout ERs, it spikes higher and climbs higher for a few days afterwards. Then it usually pullbacks to their ER spike. I'm a swing trader, so if I can sell at $225 and then buy even more shares back at $165 area, that will compound by profits.

You can buy and hold it and be fine provided you don't get spooked by the extreme swings. That just doesn't make sense for the way I trade the market, when I can book a huge profit and then buy back into it with the same money, but even more shares and ride it up again vs. riding the same position up/down/up/down.

Keep this in mind too, and this goes for all stocks.

Potential obstacles in front of equities:

1) August is usually a difficult month for stocks
2) September rate cut will probably be a sell the news event
3) Octobers usually suck and this one coming up could be a rough one because of the election.

TheVarian
AG
4) November election
ProgN
I have set a few $125 buy orders for $ARM. Not going real heavy, just don't mind owning a tranche there.
Brewmaster
AG
ALB picking up steam , $98+, boom!

HoustonAg2014
AG
Did ROKU not report pre market?
MRB10
AG
Was this movement surprising to anyone else after reviewing the earnings report?
Talon2DSO
AG
Why are we excited about ALB? I've not seen much mention of it
Number Monkey
AG
As I recall, it's a beaten down stock that PROG identified as an opportunity and ran it by Heineken. Through my own research, they're heavy into lithium production (i.e. batteries) and they're down due to a glut of lithium from Chinese dumping in the market that's led to a reduction in prices. Prices are expected to go up as demand for batteries (i.e. electric cars, etc.) increases. Search ALB in this thread and you'll see it's been discussed quite a bit.
El Chupacabra
El_duderino said:

Also a bit early being Thursday, but big earnings next week with 4 of the Mag7 reporting

Couple big boys AH

Also board favorite MARA
I bleed maroon
AG
LUMN - anyone have an opinion on this one?

I had some long-term speculative calls on it, and I let some of them exercise about a month ago at a cost basis of $1.23. It's trading today at $3.93. Their earnings are due to be released on 8/6.

I bought a few $3 puts to hedge the downside, but don't have a good feel for the fundamentals at this point. Will they beat or miss, and has this already been priced in?

Open to ideas...
Number Monkey
AG
POWL acting similarly to after the last quarter's ER. Lot of profit taking after ER jump and then a march up over the next 30 days that led to an all-time high. Going to be interesting to see if it repeats that.
Brewmaster
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Why are we excited about ALB? I've not seen much mention of it
Number Monkey nailed it. Prog mentioned it yesterday pretty quickly, so not sure how many got in. It was a beat down stock going into earnings with some really positive past earnings and low P/E. I thought it was worth a risk, so not surprised that despite an earnings miss, it's being bought up down here. I will probably take the quick W in it though and buy a couple more POWL shares when it dips.

MBLY caught my eye this morning. Lots of call flow hitting it, beat down on earnings miss. Looking to enter here under 17, setting a 5% stop though. If it drifts that low, I'm not going to be on that train.
Brewmaster
AG
That is a crazy rip upward the last week or so. I'd book profits before earnings. A week ago it was a 1.50?? and now it's over $4!!
txaggie_08
AG
Number Monkey said:

POWL acting similarly to after the last quarter's ER. Lot of profit taking after ER jump and then a march up over the next 30 days that led to an all-time high. Going to be interesting to see if it repeats that.

I had began buying back into POWL around $178, so about a third of my shares were in the $170-178 range. I sold all of those shares yesterday at $180, but retained everything below that moving my cost per share down to $145. I plan on sticking with these shares until we break $200+. If it doesn't happen I'll ride them into Q3 ER.
First Page Last Page
Page 6548 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.