Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,966,353 Views | 231551 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ProgN
RightWingConspirator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else looking at CRWD at these levels? This is a stock that has done very well for me over the years. I'm already net free on it but considering adding a few more shares at these levels.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
The 3 day rule says wait until tomorrow at least, but i am going to wait until the get their ass kicked at earnings 9/4 then start to scale in
HoustonAg2014
AG
CC09LawAg said:

Fidelity sent me a notification about their "Fully Paid Lending Program" to loan out shares.

If you had a position that you didn't plan to touch for a long period of time and didn't want to babysit your account for awhile, what is the downside to this?

I don't think there is. We did it with a work account and the owner used it to buy property. I'm TD a buy and hold account with dividends and no margin trading (the margin is to pull out money for purchasing the property. I know some others that did it after us to pay for their new house rather than put $1m on a mortgage at these rates.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Grabbed some more SMCI.
Heineken-Ashi
sts7049 said:

this is what i got. not super precise, but still close i think.

When there are multiple instances of candles breaking above and below your trend lines, it's increasingly likely that your trend lines are not valid. Whatever this trend is, you should default to sideways before assuming any sort of triangle, as the triangle potential died when this went further sideways 2-3 weeks ago. Just IMO. In triangles, it's ok to have "throw overs" or "throw unders", but they really shouldn't happen until the final segment. When they happen early, it's almost always a sign that the triangle is not the play.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Heineken-Ashi
For SMCI, you could use this as a potential triangle, with the current down move being the "throwover". If that's the case, a throwover down almost always leads to a throwover on the next move up that could target $1,015 to $1,100 range.

But this would need to stop moving down pretty soon. I'm still eyeing the $740 area as potential significant low.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Brewmaster
AG
that's close to what I have. I just started my trend line from that first bottom wick and drew it up to the next low wick around July 1st... so then it looks like late last week we broke the line downward. and instead of a sharp quick move back up, we kept under it.

Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

that's close to what I have. I just started my trend line from that first bottom wick and drew it up to the next low wick around July 1st... so then it looks like late last week we broke the line downward. and instead of a sharp quick move back up, we kept under it.

Ya. One thing for everyone to remember is that once a longer term trend ends, you really shouldn't be applying shorter term structures using longer term points. What that means is, STS had the trendline starting on a low within an uptrend. Once the uptrend broke down, and a sideways trend emerged after that, that low from the uptrend is meaningless to current action. It would really only come into play in a larger degree uptrend (should that happen), where it would likely be a support demand zone after price breaks down to it.

The thing that has kept me more on the right side of trades is realizing what trend you are in.

sts7049
AG
interesting, thanks for the view.
Heineken-Ashi
I bought August $47.50 puts on ZION.

Go back to last week, I detailed the Ichimoku cloud reversal. This one is a candidate for that. It's also a good sign when the support cloud is thin like this one. Easier to knife through.

I consider this a high probability play. About 65% confidence. Does that mean it will for sure work? Of course not. But if I take 10 setups just like this, I would expect to make far more money than I lose.

Right now the contracts are $1.25 a piece. I'm putting the min target at $44 which would be $3.50 on expiration and over a 100% gain. Max would be $39 or $8.50 at expiration and over 500% gain. Mid would be $41 and $6.50 per contract and nearly 400% gain. And I'm doing August because this is a 21 day Ich cloud setting. If it's going to happen, it will happen by then. No need to go out further unless you want to limit your potential gains for no reason. It's either going to work or its not.

As always, premium paid is stop. I will not advise on "when to bail". That's your call if the play doesn't work out. If this makes a new high, you can bail, as the Ich cloud reversal assumes the high is in.

Earnings after the bell.

Brewmaster
AG
bitcoin/ mara etc. look ready to fly. I added some MARA on the dip this morning.
Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

bitcoin/ mara etc. look ready to fly. I added some MARA on the dip this morning.
I've got support at $21 and that being a nice swing buy area with stop around $17. But if it can hold this $23 area and not go lower, could see $30 rather quickly.

MasonRamsay
Speaking of btc/mara etc. I think this would be a great place to poll the amount of people who are directly invested in bitcoin. This thread is full of intelligent & smart investors and most importantly traders.

Do any of you here hold bitcoin?

full disclosure: i was lucky enough (ie. dumb enough) to purchase coins during the covid crash. Have diamond handed them since (not a smart strategy- well aware)
TFAAGG
AG
I hold a small amount to offset some inflationary risk
Heineken-Ashi
Wayyy too early tell, but if NVDA breaks resistance, I could see a scenario where it gets back to $133-$134 and then comes down one more time forming a descending triangle. Then slow rise into August earnings and blast off to new high.

For now, $124 is stil resistance with $124.50 gap fill. Above that, and it's either going bullish, or its doing the triangle/sideways path - wouldn't know until the mid $130's and its reaction from there.

Corrections are tough. You have a standard expectation. But they can pivot on a dime. And they tend to shake out people in both directions before one side finally wins.

sts7049
AG
i have invested in BTC and ETH over several years, but only a small %. kept in cold storage
HoustonAg_2009
I like your thesis. Any stock recommendations to buy at this level? I'm heavy COP but would like to pick up 1-2 more.
El Chupacabra
Heineken-Ashi said:

UNG is throwing off buy signals. Hourly has already confirmed. Daily is trying to turn up.
Should have picked up more Friday.
Heineken-Ashi
HoustonAg_2009 said:

I like your thesis. Any stock recommendations to buy at this level? I'm heavy COP but would like to pick up 1-2 more.
I own TALO, RIG, VRN, KOS, AR, SWN, SLB, WTI, OXY, MRO, XLE, ET, EPD, MJDLF, APA, DVN, HES, COP, NOV.

Watching VAL, PDS, NBR (stop was hit on previous entry), HAL, WHD, RNGR, BKR, TUSK, TTI, CVX, XOM, BP and a handful of others.

Read a great deep dive last night from Lyn Alden talking about liquidity, a potential devalued dollar, and how that would affect the energy industry. Essentially, if Trump wins and is looking to make us a net exporter (he says the world leading exporter), companies who explore, produce, and sell with greater exposure internationally will have huge tailwinds while companies who produce and sell domestically will have significant headwinds. Both should rise, but the former would likely provide higher returns. This is also why I'm bullish on nat gas, as Trump opening up and expanding LNG for exporting overseas into a global market with increasing demand and falling supply could be massive. She also mentioned that the period of O&G companies acting like growth stocks using venture capital to fund R&D and capex is over. Companies are shifting toward sustainable profitability and using profits to fund their own growth. For that reason, I agree, and will be honing in on the most profitable O&G companies with the greatest exposure to selling into the international markets.

Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Brewmaster said:

I've got support at $21 and that being a nice swing buy area with stop around $17. But if it can hold this $23 area and not go lower, could see $30 rather quickly.
Yeah admittedly today near lows isn't a great entry. If it takes out today's lows I'm out! Could definitely take out that gap at 21. That would be a great dip buy.
Heineken-Ashi
HoustonAg_2009 said:

I'm pretty dang bullish on TALO if you want one to focus on, though it's had a little run lately. I got in a month or so ago.

ProgN
I'm not recommending this stock, but could provide a quick strike trade. If anyone profits, I don't want kudos, and if you lose your ass, don't blame it on me.

I know nothing about this one but volume of this type usually has follow through the next morning ATO.

This stock is $MIRA
Brewmaster
AG
ASO with a pullback, still looks bullish to me though.
cgh1999
AG
ProgN said:

I'm not recommending this stock, but could provide a quick strike trade. If anyone profits, I don't want kudos, and if you lose your ass, don't blame it on me.

I know nothing about this one but volume of this type usually has follow through the next morning ATO.

This stock is $MIRA

Trading is halted. Where do you think it goes?
ProgN
cgh1999 said:

ProgN said:

This stock is $MIRA

I have no f'ing clue. I'm just interested in a in and out quick strike, not investing in it. It's a complete gamble but could be a fun ride.
LMCane
Brewmaster said:

come on bitcoin!
WestTexasAg
AG
RightWingConspirator said:

Anyone else looking at CRWD at these levels? This is a stock that has done very well for me over the years. I'm already net free on it but considering adding a few more shares at these levels.
YES
ProgN
RightWingConspirator said:

I'll be a buyer at $200.
spud1910
AG
ProgN said:

cgh1999 said:

ProgN said:

This stock is $MIRA

I have no f'ing clue. I'm just interested in a in and out quick strike, not investing in it. It's a complete gamble but could be a fun ride.
The drug that they are working on looks very interesting.
aggies4life
AG
IMMR - anyone still in this? Thoughts and plans on it? Has been moving as of late. Believe this was one oldarmys awhile back
TheVarian
AG
Wishing id seen this a few weeks ago
Heineken-Ashi
aggies4life said:

IMMR - anyone still in this? Thoughts and plans on it? Has been moving as of late. Believe this was one oldarmys awhile back
I got out years ago. IMO, after a LOOOONG consolidation, this is likely a finishing move. How high will it go? No idea.

Heineken-Ashi
This doesn't look like a buy to me. I'd trail up my stop. This is MONTHLY candles. Runs when small caps run and dies when they don't.

ProgN
spud1910 said:

ProgN said:

cgh1999 said:

ProgN said:

This stock is $MIRA

The drug that they are working on looks very interesting.
I trust you doc, but I haven't done a second of real DD on it. I just know that when a stock trades over 10X it's entire float in a day, that I've had profitable quick hits due to the feeding frenzy. I'm not looking to invest in it because almost always these stocks come back down after a few days and the piranhas are on to the next shiny thing.
aggies4life
AG
As always! Thanks for your insight!
First Page Last Page
Page 6530 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.