Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,967,664 Views | 231553 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
El_duderino said:

The fact is was even penalized in the first place was bull ****

Looks like it's a taunting penalty if done in a players face. Everything else fair game
I wasn't drawn to that tweet because of the horns down.
El_duderino
And here I was all serious about the horns down issue like a dumbass

HoustonAg_2009
Interested. Seen this thing methodically move down over the last year. I know they are expanding their mine capacities in SW USA. Due to location (out in nowhere) it's been hard for them to attract talent and keep them.
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo has steered you the right direction. I would consider too the roads you plan to ride. You may want to go with a gravel bike. The big advantage being you can ride road or gravel.

For time's sake and getting a killer workout, I mostly race in Zwift, but I do some fondos. There's one in Montgomery and Real Ale in Blanco has one (with beer post ride!). The Zwift races though are a blast, I can beat up on others or get beat on, lol.

I also cut my carbs a year or so ago, I avoid processed stuff (and no rice, potatoes, bread) and upped the protein and fat (basically carnivore). I have no idea what my cholesterol is and don't care, but my weight is down a little, I'm leaner and my power (on the bike) is up. Countries with the highest cholesterol, also countries with longest life spans, interesting isn't it!
Ragoo
AG
You don't ride with carbs? I've been adding maltodextrin to my bottles and feeling stronger on the bike.
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

You don't ride with carbs? I've been adding maltodextrin to my bottles and feeling stronger on the bike.
I do usually race with some, if it works for you keep at it. If I'm just in recovery mode though it doesn't matter. I try not to touch carbs til about 1:00 or 2. Although my metabolism is probably in worse shape than yours, needs a system reboot. If I do a morning outside ride, I actually feel better rolling fasted or with just some bacon. Also teaches the body to burn fat both dietary and body.
spud1910
AG
ProgN said:

5'9"
If you ever get up to Tyler/Longview area I might have something you would like. Colnago road bike and a Trek mountain bike that I don't use much these days. I am 5' 10" so they should be pretty close for you. PM me if you want details.
ProgN
HoustonAg_2009 said:

Interested. Seen this thing methodically move down over the last year. I know they are expanding their mine capacities in SW USA. Due to location (out in nowhere) it's been hard for them to attract talent and keep them.
The bolded part above I will address in my write up tonight or tomorrow as well. It'll make more sense why it's one of the reasons I'm drawn to ALB.
ProgN
Thanks doc, I'll PM you later tonight or tomorrow if that's ok? I have to go feed my mom's animals right now.
spud1910
AG
ProgN said:

Thanks doc, I'll PM you later tonight or tomorrow if that's ok? I have to go feed my mom's animals right now.
You bet. My wife will be gone this weekend, so anytiime.
Heineken-Ashi
HoustonAg_2009 said:

Prog brought this up to me a week ago and asked if I had a technical opinion. I like it.

This was not the cleanest of corrections, as most of the moves broke down into 3-wave segments, yet still sold consistently as time went on. What we have is an initial "abc" (shown with circles toward the top left) 3-wave move down. Got an expected bounce. Bulls think its over. They were wrong. It then sold into a diagonal. You can actually see it better in linear than log (which I'm showing). Very choppy after every move. Some bounces short, some fairly large. But always failing at a resistance level. I have this bottoming as early as next week in the mid $80's. And that level would be a clear 161.8% (the golden ratio) extension of the A wave from the top of B. Also happens to be right before earnings. From there, simply have to break the yellow downtrend to get a good money-making bounce. You can see the supply zones I've outlined shaded in yellow. This is where profit will be taken and shares sold. If demand can sustain the selling at each level, green arrows show you the stairstep this could make. DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO CHART TIMING. It's merely illustrative. Whether its a small bounce or a large one, I do not think this will rocket and get what we expect to happen done quickly. Like Prog said, 1-2 years.

“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Ragoo
AG
Brewmaster said:

Ragoo said:

I do usually race with some, if it works for you keep at it. If I'm just in recovery mode though it doesn't matter. I try not to touch carbs til about 1:00 or 2. Although my metabolism is probably in worse shape than yours, needs a system reboot. If I do a morning outside ride, I actually feel better rolling fasted or with just some bacon. Also teaches the body to burn fat both dietary and body.
agree on the fasted part. I usually do my big work on Saturday morning fasted with the bottles for carbs during a ride and off the bike run.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Good time to be in the market for a bike! Manufacturers cranked up production and prices during Covid and are now drowning in inventory so there are some great deals. I was very tempted to pick up a surly karate monkey last weekend when i saw a shop had them marked down to like $1500. Like brew said, you might get a gravel bike or even just a low-mid range hardtail mountain bike and see if you really get into it. If you're just going to go crank out 10 miles a couple times a week that's all you need.

Besides local bike shops you might look at bikesonline, their polygon line gets great reviews, we got one for my 6 year old and it hits way above the price point. This one https://www.bikesonline.com/2024-polygon-xtrada-6-1x11-mountain-bike would probably keep you happy for a good while, and if you decide later you want a road bike or something blingier would still be fine for trail riding and bar hopping.

And finally, for the poorboy option grab something decent (trek/specialized/giant) that's been hanging in someone's garage for 5 or 6 years (preferably via purchase... don't just be going into people's garage! ). The bike industry has gone crazy over the last few years, a decent mountain bike starts at 3k, shifters shocks etc are all battery powered, and 26" wheels and triple chainrings are all but obsolete, so the "dated" stuff can be had super cheap. I got a 2016 specialized rockhopper off craigslist a couple months ago for $150 to ride while the shocks on my obsolete full suspension were off being rebuilt by the one shop in the country that will still touch them. I bet the specialized didn't have 100 miles on it, and i love that bike! Threw a new saddle, stem, bar and pedals on it and I ride it around the hood and with the fam so i don't look like a dork riding a full suspension in flip flops, ride trails when my other bike is apart, good bar hopper since I've only got $250 in it... point being, i doubt i would have more fun on a $3k bike than i have on my old bikes, and I'm not trying to impress anybody
Sorry for rambling, i love bikes!
Kansas Kid
ProgN said:

El_duderino said:

Looks like it's a taunting penalty if done in a players face. Everything else fair game

I would buy that. Looks like a double bottom that is about to break out.
Brewmaster
AG
polygon makes great bikes for the money, and skip the middle man (the bike shop). I rode a buddy's full supension polygon for first time ever and it was awesome. Not long after I was either going to buy the same or similar. I ended up with a bikesdirect full suspension. Bikes Direct is out of Texas as well, warehouse based and online sales. If the website isn't a turn off, they are great bang for the buck.

+1 though for older bikes. I'm about to start looking for a titanium 26 (vintage mtb) and convert it to a gravel bike. Steel and titanium ride smoooth as butter and of course titanium is light!
M4 Benelli
Brewmaster said:

Ragoo has steered you the right direction. I would consider too the roads you plan to ride. You may want to go with a gravel bike. The big advantage being you can ride road or gravel.

For time's sake and getting a killer workout, I mostly race in Zwift, but I do some fondos. There's one in Montgomery and Real Ale in Blanco has one (with beer post ride!). The Zwift races though are a blast, I can beat up on others or get beat on, lol.

I also cut my carbs a year or so ago, I avoid processed stuff (and no rice, potatoes, bread) and upped the protein and fat (basically carnivore). I have no idea what my cholesterol is and don't care, but my weight is down a little, I'm leaner and my power (on the bike) is up. Countries with the highest cholesterol, also countries with longest life spans, interesting isn't it!

Do you ever feel energy depleted? Been on low carbs for a week while lifting heavy. Yesterday I felt sluggish AF. I had a little bit of carbs, and going to do so again in a bit. You can definitely see the fat loss QUICK on a low carb diet. Trying to cut 10lbs so my wife doesn't give me crap come October when we're in the hot tub on vacation lulz.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Man i love the old ibis, moots and litespeeds. If you find one in albuquerque or santa fe and want me to look at it for you or coordinate shipping/delivery let me know. Lot of nice bikes out here
Heineken-Ashi
Kansas Kid said:

ProgN said:

El_duderino said:

I would buy that. Looks like a double bottom that is about to break out.
The ol titty breakout pattern. Works everytime

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Ragoo
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Man i love the old ibis, moots and litespeeds. If you find one in albuquerque or santa fe and want me to look at it for you or coordinate shipping/delivery let me know. Lot of nice bikes out here
find me a canyon ultimate with sram red etap and disc brakes in M, k thx. Would also consider an aero road.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Brew and i over here talking about frames nobody wants anymore, not rigs that cost more than my car with built in epo injectors!
ProgN
M4 Benelli said:

Brewmaster said:

Do you ever feel energy depleted? Been on low carbs for a week while lifting heavy. Yesterday I felt sluggish AF. I had a little bit of carbs, and going to do so again in a bit. You can definitely see the fat loss QUICK on a low carb diet. Trying to cut 10lbs so my wife doesn't give me crap come October when we're in the hot tub on vacation lulz.
You were almost there man. It'll take 10-14 days for your body to fully switch to another pathway. Once it does, then you won't have that lethargic/sluggish feeling. Some people I know that have experienced the same have said that taking vitamin D and zinc in the morning and again before bed has increased their energy. It's good for your immune system regardless, so why not give it a shot. As someone that has used the no carb diet in the past successfully, I'd suggest you try the vitamins instead of reintroducing carbs. Commit fully if you want to see meaningful results. or don't waste your time by half-assing it,

GreasenUSA
AG
Agree. To help with the low energy phase (and potentially avoid keto flu) consider drinking broth.

After you get through the tough part, the benefits on the other side are glorious.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Sitting here getting caught up and I see Brew talking about no rice or potatoes makes me sad. I love carbs.

But he's also got me intrigued with the Real Ale Bike Post-Race treat of the Devils Backbone.....

But then I remind myself that I am not that coordinated and figured I'll just stick to running (about to hit this 1.5 hour jog) and earn my beers through other efficent means of caloric reductions.
HoustonAg_2009
So yall are thinking this is an immediate buy with straight shares?
Heineken-Ashi
HoustonAg_2009 said:

So yall are thinking this is an immediate buy with straight shares?
Can't speak for Prog. If it drops to my lower target before earnings I will likely grab 100 shares. Maybe buy a couple puts as a hedge.

ProgN
Howdy family and sorry for being late with this but no one has missed out. This rec post lays out why I believe that $ALB is lining up as a potential wealth maker. As usual, I am recommend shares, not options so I will not give my opinion on option questions. Like always I will post when I start buying shares, but everyone do your own DD to decide if you want to buy it.

https://investors.albemarle.com/news-and-events/news/news-details/2024/Albemarle-Announces-Quarterly-Common-Stock-Dividend/default.aspx

Quote:

Albemarle Corporation (NYSE: ALB) leads the world in transforming essential resources into critical ingredients for mobility, energy, connectivity and health. We partner to pioneer new ways to move, power, connect and protect with people and planet in mind. A reliable and high-quality global supply of lithium and bromine allows us to deliver advanced solutions for our customers. Learn more about how the people of Albemarle are enabling a more resilient world at Albemarle.com, LinkedIn and on X (formerly known as Twitter) @AlbemarleCorp.
Quote:

CHARLOTTE, N.C., July 16, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of Albemarle Corporation (NYSE: ALB) announces that it has declared a quarterly common stock dividend of $0.405 per share. The dividend, which has an annualized rate of $1.62, is payable Oct. 1, 2024, to shareholders of record at the close of business as of Sept. 13, 2024. For 30 consecutive years, Albemarle has raised its dividend.

Fundamentals:

Float: 117M shrs outstanding (lower float, but not too low provides better opportunity for price expansion)

Earnings: Their trailing 12 month ER were profitable, but less than motivating. That said, the market is forward thinking and if you look at their projected earnings estimates then you'll notice an increase qtr to qtr. That also means that it's a good bet that Wall Street has lowered expectations going forward, making it easier to beat expectations over the next 4 quarters, which is a positive.

Institutional ownership: $ALB is 90%, click link and see the list. The #1 is Berkshire Hathaway and the top 20 are filled with additional heavyweights.

https://fintel.io/top-investors

Technical Analysis:

Pull up a 2 year daily chart of ALB and zero in on the beginning of March in 2023, what do you see? That was ALB confirming a death cross when it was just north of $240. Even if you were down from your purchase price, then take the loss because a death cross is a major sell signal for Wall Street and algos. Don't ride it down and be a locked up bag holder hoping for an opportunity to breakeven.

Now look at where ALB is on a chart as of Friday, what do you see? This past week was brutal for the markets and several are getting crushed, yet $ALB was positive for some of those negative days. If you look at it's chart it's building a base around this $90 level for a couple of weeks so far. It's showing strength in a negative market.

Future expectation:

ALB seems to be forming a strong base near $90 and the Bollies are getting real tight, so it's coiling for a move. It has no support thus far, so it is vulnerable to spiking lower if the macros really crater. That said, I don't believe you have much downside risk even at it's current level.

I've mentioned the 'death cross', but ALB is setting itself up for a 'golden cross', 50 dma crosses above the 100, 200 DMA. When this happens it will be a major technical buy indicator and a buy trigger for algos.

TL;DR version:

IDC which party controls the government, I don't see the demand for lithium and other parts of their business evaporating. Imho, the worst case scenario is their business being static but still profitable and you'd be getting it at $90 or less instead of $300/shr. Imho, ALB is an excellent candidate for significant returns and will more than double within a year. It's one of the top stocks in my primary stocklist and I will be buying it if spikes down below $90, but regardless, I'm comfortable buying now and holding it.

As always, everyone here are educated professionals in your careers, so do your own DD and make the best decision for you and your family's.

Gig'em

Prog

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Me reading high quality DD from Prog…

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Prog - one thing I noticed quickly looking at the chart - had its first huge spike during Trump's first presidency and then collapsed before the Pademic highlight supplychain issues

Have any reflections from your research on that? (Spike during Trump's presidency)

Edit: Book Value per share is ~$79-80. EV/EBITDA was 7.58 at YE23. Debt outstanding is $3.67B contrasted with T12 Rev of $8.4B. Has $2B of cash on hand. Seems like it's got quite the moat…. Easy to see why it's a pickup with ol Warren Buffett.

Nice find Prog!
Bird Poo
AG
Curious what you think this will do if Trump gets rid of the electric car mandate. He's very focused on the auto industry.
Heineken-Ashi
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Prog - one thing I noticed quickly looking at the chart - had its first huge spike during Trump's first presidency and then collapsed before the Pademic highlight supplychain issues

Have any reflections from your research on that? (Spike during Trump's presidency)

Edit: Book Value per share is ~$79-80. EV/EBITDA was 7.58 at YE23. Debt outstanding is $3.67B contrasted with T12 Rev of $8.4B. Has $2B of cash on hand. Seems like it's got quite the moat…. Easy to see why it's a pickup with ol Warren Buffett.

Nice find Prog!

Short term vs long term debt is what I would look at. I'll check it today

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Is this the new ticker of the old texags meme p&d abml (and possibly abat)?
FishrCoAg
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Is this the new ticker of the old texags meme p&d abml (and possibly abat)?

No
HoustonAg_2009
So for the folks tracking Prog high conviction list - I have the following:

POWL - Target price buy ~$120/share
SMCI - Target price buy ~$750/share
ALB - Target price buy ~$90/share

Am I missing any other major ones?
Agsrback12
HoustonAg_2009 said:

So for the folks tracking Prog high conviction list - I have the following:

POWL - Target price buy ~$120/share
SMCI - Target price buy ~$750/share
ALB - Target price buy ~$90/share

Am I missing any other major ones?

Possibly TSLA at $225?
HoustonAg_2009
For what it's worth - I dont see Buffett owning any ALB.
First Page Last Page
Page 6528 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.