Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,969,910 Views | 231554 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by El_duderino
bhanacik
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
here's a list of recent positions entered that have either come from ideas from this board or my own. recently I've been looking at weekly charts looking for cup completion moves or gap fills. posting here as ideas for others and thought sharing:

NEM - up 5% so far
AVB - even
QRVO - up 7% so far
AMT up 3%
GNRC - even
SSRM - didn't enter but wishing I had as it's making a move. I'm targeting 5.61 as entry now looking for gap fill up to 9.50
KSS - bought for Roth and long-term hold
NVDA - entered yesterday, slightly down
SMCI - entered yesterday, slightly down
POWL - down 9%, but holding long-term
HNST - up 21%
LWLG - up 25%
WHD - up 10%
PATH - up 3%
OXY - entered yesterday, even
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
EnronAg said:

for you stock market history buffs, where does this market rip since Oct of last year when Powell pivoted rank??? just seems this run from CNBC talking heads and hearing data from other sites that this run is near the top of bull runs...just wondering thoughts from you history buffs...also, after these historic runs, how brutal does the correction tend to be??? just trying to prepare...I think I know when it might happen...just wondering how massive it could be, based on history...
Do tell...
ProgN
bhanacik said:

here's a list of recent positions entered that have either come from ideas from this board or my own. recently I've been looking at weekly charts looking for cup completion moves or gap fills. posting here as ideas for others and thought sharing:

NEM - up 5% so far
AVB - even
QRVO - up 7% so far
AMT up 3%
GNRC - even
SSRM - didn't enter but wishing I had as it's making a move. I'm targeting 5.61 as entry now looking for gap fill up to 9.50
KSS - bought for Roth and long-term hold
NVDA - entered yesterday, slightly down
SMCI - entered yesterday, slightly down
POWL - down 9%, but holding long-term
HNST - up 21%
LWLG - up 25%
WHD - up 10%
PATH - up 3%
OXY - entered yesterday, even

I'm almost finished with my DD on a new rec that I alluded to last week and I like it more and more the further I get. I'll post it in a day or two.
EnronAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

EnronAg said:

for you stock market history buffs, where does this market rip since Oct of last year when Powell pivoted rank??? just seems this run from CNBC talking heads and hearing data from other sites that this run is near the top of bull runs...just wondering thoughts from you history buffs...also, after these historic runs, how brutal does the correction tend to be??? just trying to prepare...I think I know when it might happen...just wondering how massive it could be, based on history...
Do tell...
there are a couple of people on here that will get mad at me for saying it for the 1,000th time, so I have stopped saying it
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Buying back into SCHW down here.
Kansas Kid
SW AG80 said:

Republican in the WH always send oil prices lower. I'm hoping that will not be as pronounced this time as the entire world needs more energy and the green movement will subside with Rs in control.

It certainly didn't go down under Nixon, George W. or Trump (until Covid hit)

See link for chart since Texags filter is blocking it.

https://www.brinknews.com/quick-take/russian-invasion-pushes-oil-prices-to-10-year-high/

ETA. History shows that Presidents have very little impact on global oil prices. The market is way too big. Do I think oil dropped because of Obama'a policies? Absolutely not. It was the shale revolution that American ingenuity and capitalism kicking OPEC's butt.
ProgN
EnronAg said:

This one is only rivaled by 1994 imho. That bull run is what lead to Greenspan's "irrational exuberance" statement that sent a shockwave through the markets.
GKrebs17
AG
following.
FishrCoAg
AG
SW AG80 said:

Republican in the WH always send oil prices lower. I'm hoping that will not be as pronounced this time as the entire world needs more energy and the green movement will subside with Rs in control.

This is a dirty little secret that oil execs will tell you privately. But they are also hamstrung now by some of the current regulations and will make more dollars if those are eased. More drilling, etc leads tk more production which may push price down a bit, but will be overall good for the industry
ProgN
FishrCoAg said:

SW AG80 said:

This is a dirty little secret that oil execs will tell you privately. But they are also hamstrung now by some of the current regulations and will make more dollars if those are eased. More drilling, etc leads tk more production which may push price down a bit, but will be overall good for the industry

Even though POWL has diversified it's customer base into new industries (AI data centers) which is very good, they still have a significant customer base in the O&G industry. I'm not assuming anything, but if Trump is elected and can rollback regs for OG, then that would be a massive tailwind for POWL.
ProgN
Did anyone watch 'Mad Money' yesterday?

Everyone knows that I've loved SMCI for a long time but around a year ago Cramer hated it and wouldn't give it the time of day, which made me feel even better. He'd even advise callers during the 'Lightning Round' to 'don't buy'. Well, he interviewed the CEO of SMCI yesterday and now it's been one of his faves. It was a good interview, but it'd be nice if someone rubbed his nose in his bull**** from last year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/07/15/super-micro-computer-ceo-talks-reducing-energy-costs-and-carbon-footprint.html
SW AG80
AG
The 1970s were an outlier because of the oil embargo.
Bush 43 years were during major unrest/wars in ME.
I grew up in the oilfield
Oil companies and service companies would tighten their belts when Rs were in the Whitehouse but still voted for Rs ever since LBJ became a turncoat.
Heineken-Ashi
ProgN said:

Everyone knows that I've loved SMCI for a long time but around a year ago Cramer hated it and wouldn't give it the time of day, which made me feel even better. He'd even advise callers during the 'Lightning Round' to 'don't buy'. Well, he interviewed the CEO of SMCI yesterday and now it's been one of his faves. It was a good interview, but it'd be nice if someone rubbed his nose in his bull**** from last year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/07/15/super-micro-computer-ceo-talks-reducing-energy-costs-and-carbon-footprint.html
SELL!
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

ProgN said:

SELL!
I hope people do so it comes down to target zone and I can steal it.

EliteZags
AG
EnronAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

EnronAg said:

Do tell...
there are a couple of people on here that will get mad at me for saying it for the 1,000th time, so I have stopped saying it

1929, 1964, 1999............2034?
hedge
Microsoft laying off DEI Team
El_duderino
ProgN
rolo said:

Microsoft laying off DEI Team
DEI is a cancer and a divisive bull**** idea that should've been mocked, not implemented.
ETX_Ag_22_24
AG
What's keeping IREN back this week? Most miners are having a nice stretch this week
bhanacik
AG
just got an alert that EXPE is testing a breakout above 140.

put in a limit order for 138 on a re-trace. stop at 127 if it executes.
Kansas Kid
SW AG80 said:

The 1970s were an outlier because of the oil embargo.
Bush 43 years were during major unrest/wars in ME.
I grew up in the oilfield
Oil companies and service companies would tighten their belts when Rs were in the Whitehouse but still voted for Rs ever since LBJ became a turncoat.

No doubt the oil companies prefer Republicans and they have a chance to make more money due to fewer ridiculous regulations. All I was trying to point out was anyone that thinks oil will drop if Trump is President because they always go down under Republicans is using flawed logic including when Trump was President.

As you point out, global forces have a much bigger impact on oil prices than anything the President does.
bmoochie
AG
bmoochie said:

GME getting squirrely. Two big 1 minute candles just now.

New day high after the open. I think this is gearing up for some overnight movement if we close up near the highs.
Heineken-Ashi
COP is gearing up for a move to $120. Could happen in a day.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
CC09LawAg
Made a little money on MARA's breakout. I feel like it's got to pull back at least once before getting to $30 but not too sure.
AgPT06
AG
SHOP with move today and now has gap up to 77.XX.
Petrino1
CC09LawAg
Just had to tag a new ATH right before close.
bhanacik
AG
entered a limit order for EBAY at 55.26 with stop at 51.44

first target is just above 60
bhanacik
AG
LWLG with a massive move today on no news that I see

That was a good callout H-A
Heineken-Ashi
Congrats to you AEHR players

giddings_ag_06
AG
Am I crazy or is Academy's long term chart showing it's ready to rake off to new highs?! Let's go!
El_duderino
Looks like it put in a higher low and broke through the downward trend line today with school year just around the corner.
bmoochie
AG
bmoochie said:

bmoochie said:

GME getting squirrely. Two big 1 minute candles just now.

New day high after the open. I think this is gearing up for some overnight movement if we close up near the highs.

Up 3.7% AH. Let's boogie
Cappo
AG
giddings_ag_06 said:

Am I crazy or is Academy's long term chart showing it's ready to rake off to new highs?! Let's go!
my 200 shares hopes you're right LFG brother
Brewmaster
AG
bhanacik said:

entered a limit order for EBAY at 55.26 with stop at 51.44

first target is just above 60
chart looks goooood. and nice trading! (your other post). with Heineken, Prog and others here, this thread is as good as it's ever been. Seriously.

I need to get back on here more, started a new job (remote though) and been focused solely on a few tickers.
First Page Last Page
Page 6519 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.