Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,971,990 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
HECUBUS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's unbelievably fortunate Trump walks away from that. Imagine the Markets response otherwise.
backintexas2013
AG
Interested to see how the markets digest this situation. Do they shrug it off and march on? Are people going to overreact? The move down at the end Friday and this going to scare people?
hedge
Do you think if Trump was killed it would be 9/11 like drop?
Aston04
AG
Any trade ideas related to what happened yesterday? Security company, etc?
CC09LawAg
Part of me thinks this provides the perfect cover for the market to cool off and tank without it being blamed on the actual economy or anything related to this administration.

But I'm usually wrong so I will be sitting tomorrow out.
Heineken-Ashi
rolo said:

Tell me where September 11, 2001 is on this daily SPX chart.

“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
El_duderino
If BTC is any indication, things go up. Market odds for Trump up to 67% after the assassination attempt which equals more election certainty and is a good thing. My $.02
ProgN
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4703937-powell-industries-fundamentally-strongly-positioned-to-capitalize-on-end-market-tailwinds?mailingid=36056962&messageid=must_reads&serial=36056962.841141&source=email_must_reads&utm_campaign=Must%2BReads%2Brecurring%2B2024-07-14&utm_content=seeking_alpha&utm_medium=email&utm_source=seeking_alpha&utm_term=must_reads

Good read for my POWL family
jamey
AG
El_duderino said:

If BTC is any indication, things go up. Market odds for Trump up to 67% after the assassination attempt which equals more election certainty and is a good thing. My $.02

I can see Trump being good for bitcoin. I don't know about the 10% tariffs being good
khkman22
AG

Heineken-Ashi
You're a year too late.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Heineken-Ashi
T&P to all of the first hour futures traders who didn't have "mostly flat" on their bingo card. Still no decision on which way it wants to move. Sweat is likely forming on many.

backintexas2013
AG
It is just flat and doesn't look like any movement. It seems like it can't make up its mind.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I feel like we rally tomorrow.
Aston04
AG
Big rally for truth social tomorrow u think?
EliteZags
AG
SMCI gettin first action
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

rolo said:

Tell me where September 11, 2001 is on this daily SPX chart.

It's that dip right there….
Heineken-Ashi
SPY July $560 calls at the bell are working out well. Wouldn't be surprised for another drop to Friday's EOD low. But I do expect a push up above 5700 SPX so I will be holding these and maybe adding to them if we get the drop and hold support.

deddog
AG
HUMA taking off again
Brewmaster
AG
bought DJT around 29 a week or so ago. Tempted to just set stops higher and ride the Donnie Pump train
Brewmaster
AG
rolo said:

Trump is injured but alive and in good spirits. DJT going up BIGLY
better than alive, he played golf the next morning, lol.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well now I wish I hadn't paper-handed TNA last week.

Oh well.
Hypnoklown1986
bought 3 DJT - $36 calls last Friday hoping for a VP pick this week or next.

Glad for the profit, happier he is ok.

*edited to add DJT*
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Anyone grabbing more SMCI?
E
AG
PLTR over $29
Brewmaster
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Anyone grabbing more SMCI?
I'll buy the next dip below the 100 day, but not before then...probably ends up being around 800.
Maximus Johnson
AG
Are you HUMA guys holding on until the AUG-13 FDA news? Considering banking profits now due to insider selloff over the last few months.
LMCane
rolo said:

ABSOLUTELY

not only an assassination, but taking out the leading candidate to replace Biden.

LMCane
Google buying another Israeli Startup

cybersecurity firm "WIZ" for $23 billion
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
All that time buying BRKB in the last few months really paying off now.
Heineken-Ashi
LMCane said:

rolo said:

ABSOLUTELY

not only an assassination, but taking out the leading candidate to replace Biden.

The 9/11 "drop" was after nearly two years of the market having fallen. The market was down over 17% for the year on 9/10. The market was down 4% for September on 9/10. The market didn't open after 9/11 until 9/17. After being closed for a week, the market opened up down 5% the first day, and dropped a total of 11% over 5 days, before finding a bottom and rallying through January of 2002 for a total of 21% GAIN from the post 9/11 bottom and 7% GAIN above the 9/10 close.

From the August 2000 drop to the 9/21/01 low, the market dropped 37%. The first 28% happened before 9/11.

All of this, and my dateless chart I posted last night, to say that, sure a major event can catalyze a market move. But it didn't start a new trend, nor did it do something that wasn't likely already well on the way to happening. In fact, judging by the chart, we are to believe that less than two weeks after 9/11, the market had completey shrugged it off and considered it bullish until weaker economic data started to roll back in between Jan and March 2002.

In similar fashion, we are to believe COVID was a mass overreaction and actually bullish for the market.

Events rarely do to the market what you think they will do.

bmoochie
AG
GME getting squirrely. Two big 1 minute candles just now.
CC09LawAg
I sold covered calls so I fully expect it to explode to $120 this week.
Brewmaster
AG

interesting stuff, agree 100% on TSLA, DJT, I didn't know that about PLTR, maybe most of you did.
El Chupacabra
Moving back into UNG
First Page Last Page
Page 6517 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.