Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,967,678 Views | 231553 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
El_duderino
How long do you want to ignore this user?
$SIG moving down towards the $70 level Prog mentioned.
ProgN
El_duderino said:

$SIG moving down towards the $70 level Prog mentioned.

It has an outside chance to get there and I hope it does.
El_duderino
Got my alert just above there at $75 to give myself a heads up.

El_duderino
Anyone playing the AI demand/electrification shift from the utility side? Big jump up from a year ago and seem to be consolidating the past couple months for several of the companies like VST, NRG, etc
Brewmaster
AG
ProgN said:

Trailer dropped this morning. I can't wait to see this.
Man those dudes need some peds, at least some TRT, lol.

kidding aside, I'll watch it!
Quacked
Yeah most of it is Mr. Thomas Powell selling 25,000 shares a month.
ProgN
Quacked said:

Yeah most of it is Mr. Thomas Powell selling 25,000 shares a month.
POWL has expanded manufacturing capacity and they have a $1.3B backlog with new orders coming in due to ramp up of data centers because of AI. O&G industry were their customers, but now they've added tech companies and diversified where their revenues come from. They keep crushing earnings and growing their backlog then IDC about insiders rewarding themselves by selling some shares.
Quacked
Thank you for the responses! I only looked at the position and the amount being sold.
ProgN
Thank you for asking questions. Everyone gains something and that's what this place is all about.
El_duderino
Another gap up open and then fill the gap by close for SPY?
CC09LawAg
Definitely seems like a possibility. Letting this morning stuff shake out and then if it makes another ATH roll the dice on puts down around 556.
Heineken-Ashi
CAVA approaching previous low. Not sure if it will get to target mid $70's but pressure is firmly down.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Heineken-Ashi
AMD held $174 yesterday (I posted I wanted it to hold $170 and would be looking for $189). Too late to jump in now as it's already at $185.

"If" we can get another pullback that holds low $170's, I can make a case for $195-$200, otherwise.. $189 range still seems to be the target.

And I would expect a significant drop from there.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Heineken-Ashi
Also, short interest in the market, along with P/C ratio, is at levels well below early 2020, and levels that indicate extremely strong bullish sentiment.

When there is little to not short interest, the market is almost unanimously congregated to one side. This is great for bullish continuation. But it leaves a huge gaping hole below. If support were to break, theres no shorts to cover, meaning there isn't that layer of "buy the dip" protection that would normally be available. What ends up happening is the longs are the ones who have to cover and that can cause a cascading event lower and lower. Times like this set up dangerous exposure to deep downside.

There is plenty of time to profit off downside moves. Don't aggressively short a strong market, especially one in a bullish gamma regime. But do have your stops in place. The market marks major turns at extreme sentiment levels. And we are at a very extreme bullish sentiment level.

CheladaAg
AG
Looks like 187 is strong resistance.
bhanacik
AG
bhanacik said:

AVB - I'm looking at the weekly and liking what I see. Thinking about entering now at 203 with a stop just under recent low of 200. Targeting mini-cup completion at 220; may take all there or trim with eventual target of 260

I'm focused purely on price action and not fundamentals

I'd like to get others thoughts; good or bad
I went ahead and executed this plan this morning

Anyone have any thoughts on it?
bhanacik
AG
Also bought QRVO looking for a continuance of cup completion. Initial target is 140, have a trailing stop of -10
EnronAg
AG
be careful shorting this donkey market...5,700 coming in about 5 trading days...
Talon2DSO
AG
Anyone still playing HTZ? It's down below $3.30.
Number Monkey
AG
Stopped out at $3.44
Heineken-Ashi
Talon2DSO said:

Anyone still playing HTZ? It's down below $3.30.
I set a tight stop and was stopped out. But I'm looking for a bounce here. The pattern off the June top looks complete to the downside. Should it continue, ultimate stop is $2.90. Should it bounce, first target back up would be $3.50 level. Through that, and $3.85 is next resistance. Through that, $3.85 becomes my stop and I start looking for $4.25 - $4.75.

CC09LawAg
SPY 560 today? I'm not sure I see it dumping, maybe at close.

Where does that put us Friday?
El_duderino
Inevitable to hit 560. At this point, pushing to 600 or SPX at 6000 before a meaningful pullback wouldn't surprise me.
Heineken-Ashi
CPI tomorrow. Can't imagine it being a non-factor, but it has been a non-factor many times before.

Keep your eye on treasury yields. The 2-year is moving down and has broken support. 10-year is moving down but hasn't yet matched the 2-year depth of drop. When those start really moving you will see the market, and the FED, react.

E
AG
PLTR finally busted through $28
I bleed maroon
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

CPI tomorrow. Can't imagine it being a non-factor, but it has been a non-factor many times before.

Keep your eye on treasury yields. The 2-year is moving down and has broken support. 10-year is moving down but hasn't yet matched the 2-year depth of drop. When those start really moving you will see the market, and the FED, react.
Yes - it will be interesting to see.

Sidebar: I think Powell has worked himself into a win-win scenario. He can't really be blamed if he keeps rates constant, as we have not reached the inflation target, and unemployment is low enough that it doesn't justify easing on those grounds. However, if he cuts rates before year-end, he can be thought of as forward-looking in terms of his protecting a potentially fragile economy.

As an objective observer, I'm amazed that the Fed has set such a stringent inflation target. I truly believe a range would have been much more appropriate, whether it was 1.5-2.5%, 2-3%, or 1-4%. An absolute target is by definition going to be too high or too low 99%+ of the time, and it's no way to set an overriding strategy, in my opinion.
El Chupacabra
Should have scooped more TNA yesterday at $35.50
TheVarian
AG
What's the long term goal for them you think? I want to put some cash in some stock like this and hold for the long term.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I grabbed more at $35.20 last week.

Still holding on for $37.
El Chupacabra
E said:

PLTR finally busted through $28

Well I sold yesterday at $27.50, so you should see $50 tomorrow!
Heineken-Ashi
I bleed maroon said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Sidebar: I think Powell has worked himself into a win-win scenario. He can't really be blamed if he keeps rates constant, as we have not reached the inflation target, and unemployment is low enough that it doesn't justify easing on those grounds. However, if he cuts rates before year-end, he can be thought of as forward-looking in terms of his protecting a potentially fragile economy.

As an objective observer, I'm amazed that the Fed has set such a stringent inflation target. I truly believe a range would have been much more appropriate, whether it was 1.5-2.5%, 2-3%, or 1-4%. An absolute target is by definition going to be too high or too low 99%+ of the time, and it's no way to set an overriding strategy, in my opinion.
Their 2% target is merely set at the level that 100+ years of history has shown people are willing to be taxed at (inflation) without creating a fuss. Once it goes over that level, inflation starts to erode away enough from people that they actual feel like they aren't keeping up. And significantly higher for a long period causes revolts and the people along with the general economy force widespread governmental changes. Above 2% usually also comes with rising unemployment, one of the two things the FED is supposed to prevent. So when people start losing jobs, they immediately blame the institution tasked with preventing that from happening.

Put simply, they can erode away the dollar as much as they want as long as it maintains at a 2% average clip. Beyond that, and the people start to fuss.

E
AG
I will quit my job tomorrow if this hits $50 then
Heineken-Ashi
E said:

Can't imagine what you will do when WWR hits $50.

I bleed maroon
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

I bleed maroon said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Their 2% target is merely set at the level that 100+ years of history has shown people are willing to be taxed at (inflation) without creating a fuss. Once it goes over that level, inflation starts to erode away enough from people that they actual feel like they aren't keeping up. And significantly higher for a long period causes revolts and the people along with the general economy force widespread governmental changes. Above 2% usually also comes with rising unemployment, one of the two things the FED is supposed to prevent. So when people start losing jobs, they immediately blame the institution tasked with preventing that from happening.

Put simply, they can erode away the dollar as much as they want as long as it maintains at a 2% average clip. Beyond that, and the people start to fuss.
Good thoughts. I'd argue a couple points - unemployment is typically inverse of inflation rates. Also, if you look back 50 years, 90%+ of the time, we have experienced more than 2% inflation.

I would like to have a constant 2% inflation rate, but I'd be lying to myself if I said it is "the norm". And interestingly, the discussion actually gets very provocative when inflation is below the target - just think if this was truly half the time, on average!
E
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

E said:

Can't imagine what you will do when WWR hits $50.
dont do this to me
First Page Last Page
Page 6512 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.