Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,973,274 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

time to lighten the mood in here!
bmoochie
AG
Brewmaster said:

Those look heavy, not light.
M4 Benelli
Those sundaes look mouth watering.
GreasenUSA
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brewmaster said:

Hope TNA bounces as nice as those T&A.
LMCane
how do you explain ZIRP and the massive ramp in equities then if you are claiming lowering interest rates will harm stocks?

if rates are lowered, more economic activity can then take place which would increase corporate earnings.

every SME on CNBC for more than a year has been stating the Street wants and expects lower rates to help stocks.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So another interesting divergence for me is the one between SPX and BRK.

BRK has pretty much remained sideways since February. I've been throwing my profits from other trades in there without giving it much thought, but I'm a little surprised it still hasn't manage to get out of this 400-415 range it's been stuck in.

Now this one IS one I'm kind of considering a slight hedge against the market. Has a beta < 1 and I for sure don't see it falling nearly as hard the rest of the market in any correction.

Any thoughts? Just keep putting money in there and forget it?
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So another interesting divergence for me is the one between SPX and BRK.

BRK has pretty much remained sideways since February. I've been throwing my profits from other trades in there without giving it much thought, but I'm a little surprised it still hasn't manage to get out of this 400-415 range it's been stuck in.

Now this one IS one I'm kind of considering a slight hedge against the market. Has a beta < 1 and I for sure don't see it falling nearly as hard the rest of the market in any correction.

Any thoughts? Just keep putting money in there and forget it?
If you keep some powder dry and we have a pullback in July and $SMCI hits $800 or less, then put it to work and buy all you can. If I'm proven correct and they declare a 10:1 or 20:1 stock split on 8/6 AH, then I think it will print $1,500/shr. JMO

ETA: FWIW, I wouldn't wait until the days before to buy it because I'm not alone in expecting them to annouce a big stock split, so I bet it runs up hard into their ER day.
agdaddy04
AG
NVDA hit 140 and now taking pretty sharp dive.
Texaggie7nine
Does FUBO have a floor?
7nine
EliteZags
AG
in before someone brings this one up

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've been buying SOXQ throughout this run, but I might throw in a little to SMCI.

I bought NVDA earlier this year and sold way too early, so want to take advantage of this one.
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I've been buying SOXQ throughout this run, but I might throw in a little to SMCI.

I bought NVDA earlier this year and sold way too early, so want to take advantage of this one.
I posted last week or latter part of the week before that I sold a ton of positions to build a lot of cash in all accounts. I did that because I think the market rolls over soon and SMCI will get crushed because of their small float. Elon's announcement yesterday gives me even more conviction to load up hard on it before they report. As always, I will post when I re-enter positions. I don't have inside information, just experience that it will be a massive profit opportunity if I'm right. If I'm wrong and they don't split, they're idiots, they will get crushed but won't be down for long. DO NOT USE MARGIN and leverage yourselves should you choose to follow. I don't want to be blamed for margin calls, just like I don't want praise if anyone makes considerable money. I'm just saying what I'm going to do.
bmoochie
AG
I'm about confused as it seems like you are contradicting yourself a little so I just would like clarity.

You say you like SMCI and to buy before earnings. But then you say you think market rolls over soon and SMCI will be crushed.

Are you implying soon as in before they report earnings? Or do you like SMCI regardless and IF they do get crushed due to a rollover, you would like to add more at a lower price?
Cru
S
ProgN said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I posted last week or latter part of the week before that I sold a ton of positions to build a lot of cash in all accounts. I did that because I think the market rolls over soon and SMCI will get crushed because of their small float. Elon's announcement yesterday gives me even more conviction to load up hard on it before they report. As always, I will post when I re-enter positions. I don't have inside information, just experience that it will be a massive profit opportunity if I'm right. If I'm wrong and they don't split, they're idiots, they will get crushed but won't be down for long. DO NOT USE MARGIN and leverage yourselves should you choose to follow. I don't want to be blamed for margin calls, just like I don't want praise if anyone makes considerable money. I'm just saying what I'm going to do.
Noob here. What do you mean by this statement?
flashplayer
AG
To be clear, you're out of SMCI at the moment, foresee them potentially getting hammered this summer amidst a pullback, only then to rocket after earnings?

Or they don't split and get smoked again only to rise later? I am not reading between the lines well on your strategy. Just trying to understand like the other posters above.
ProgN
bmoochie said:

I'm about confused as it seems like you are contradicting yourself a little so I just would like clarity.

You say you like SMCI and to buy before earnings. But then you say you think market rolls over soon and SMCI will be crushed.

Are you implying soon as in before they report earnings? Or do you like SMCI regardless and IF they do get crushed due to a rollover, you would like to add more at a lower price?
People in the market shorter attention spans than gnats. They'll move onto the next flashy thing next week. The reversal today is another indicator of a market top. If we have any panic set it and people get scared, then SMCI will get crushed because of their small float. I'm planning to take advantage of that and load the boat. Look at today, when NVDA reversed, selling pressure increased and SMCI went from up almost $100/shr to red because of fear. The market is nervous and it won't take much for a big selloff. I'm trying to time my purchase of SMCI so that I can buy more shares at lower price. If you don't have time to follow every minute of the market, then you can buy here and profit imo. I love SMCI and see a life changing opportunity possibly forming. I really hope I'm right because it will be a wealth creator and those don't come along very often.
bmoochie
ProgN
See post below. I have a meeting this evening but will answer any questions anyone posts later tonight.
Brewmaster
AG
EliteZags said:

in before someone brings this one up

How dare you post my account trend with WWR shares vs post WWR! lol. At least post WWR it's headed up up!
EliteZags
AG
tryin to figure out why VUG is up 1% AH..

even SMH/VGT flat

-nm seemed to be an extended blip on 24hr market, which doesn't happen as often as the brief Google Finance ones
fauxstradamus
AG
https://www.morningstar.com/news/marke****ch/20240620393/nvidias-power-hungry-chips-could-give-a-boost-to-this-once-esoteric-technology

Short article on rise of liquid cooling for server heat dissipation. DELL, HPE and SMCI seem furthest along with patents and implementation.

Mentions liquidstack and ferveret as startups but these are private at this point. May be worth keeping an eye if they go public at some point.

Green revolution cooling seems interesting too. Immersion cooling used by Dell. They are in funding phase and not yet public either.

Just a few things to keep an eye on.

HoustonAg_2009
POWL at the $150 level Start loading up the truck or wait for the market to start turning over?
Number Monkey
AG
I loaded up the truck at $160
El Chupacabra
HoustonAg_2009 said:

POWL at the $150 level Start loading up the truck or wait for the market to start turning over?
When is that going to be? What's going to be 'turn over' point? 5% drop? 10%? 20%?

McInnis 03
AG
GOOG(L) is the only thing powering through this morning at the moment.
bhanacik
AG
Will be watching SWBI to see if I can get back in at around 13.50

Owned before but got stopped out around 16.75 after some profits. I like the company and earnings were overall positive IMO so looking to get back in at a discount.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Now I'm glad I didn't go all in on my Roth 401k last month on SOXQ. Wonder if it will go to low 30's again.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Powl post-earnings options chain asks holding strong, bought some shares instead
CC09LawAg
Yeah, I'm a dummy in all this but it seems like with the options dates having a month in between that it just gets crushed right before the expiration date then runs back up.

Lesson learned!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Market makers definitely like to crush premium
TTUArmy
Anyone expecting a market rug pull at the end of today?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I sure am. Still holding a few monday puts i bought yesterday morning, and lottoing one spx put
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

GOOG(L) is the only thing powering through this morning at the moment.
Within $1 of ATH now.
El Chupacabra
PLTR with quite the tumble today. Time to scoop up a few more?
First Page Last Page
Page 6502 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.