Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,979,556 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
McInnis 03 said:

Looks like OA1 was feeding his group some $ARM

They all gonna be fat and happy.
I fed $ARM to our clubhouse sub $100 in April. Not bragging but, those that followed are also "healthy" and it was at no charge. Not slighting OA, but emphasizing that you don't need to pay to profit while learning the nuances of the market.
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

PPI tomorrow. Fireworks might be delayed until then.
SLV picking up some Big buyers. just saw 185k 1 minute candle, somebody always knows

Lotto, sort of: June SLV 28C - paid.19
Brewmaster
AG
ProgN said:

McInnis 03 said:

I fed $ARM to our clubhouse sub $100 to our clubhouse in April. Not bragging but, those that followed are also "healthy" and it was at no charge. Not slighting OA, but emphasizing that you don't need to pay to profit while learning the nuances of the market.
dude you're approaching legend status here. I think you pounded the table on SMCI and POWL too! POWL just getting started
Chef Elko
AG
Just say we printed too much money during covid and citizens will have to lose a good amount of that for inflation to come down.
Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

ProgN said:

McInnis 03 said:

I fed $ARM to our clubhouse sub $100 to our clubhouse in April. Not bragging but, those that followed are also "healthy" and it was at no charge. Not slighting OA, but emphasizing that you don't need to pay to profit while learning the nuances of the market.
dude you're approaching legend status here. I think you pounded the table on SMCI and POWL too! POWL just getting started
Don't feed his ego. He'll probably go kick an ant pile on F16 and get banned. Then we don't have him anymore.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Chef Elko
AG
Thank you!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Boy I am really tempted to start trimming AAPL here at $220...
Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Boy I am really tempted to start trimming AAPL here at $220...
Trailing stop. Why try and time a top? Just limit the pain on a reversal.

Can you sell enough to go net free? Or lower your basis per share under $150?

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

Brewmaster said:

ProgN said:

McInnis 03 said:

Don't feed his ego. He'll probably go kick an ant pile on F16 and get banned. Then we don't have him anymore.
The market removed my ego a LONG time ago many times over. The one constant of the stock market that I've experienced is that it will viciously humble your ass when you get too cocky and feel like you can't lose.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Brewmaster said:

ProgN said:

McInnis 03 said:

Let's be honest, that's a gonna happen anyway.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Basis is already at 137.69 currently.

I could sell about 40% to go net free.

But, I'm not sure I want to take that much off the table, or take that tax hit right now. Decided to trim 15%.
ProgN
Maximus_Meridius said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Brewmaster said:

ProgN said:

McInnis 03 said:

Let's be honest, that's a gonna happen anyway.
Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Basis is already at 137.69 currently.

I could sell about 40% to go net free.

But, I'm not sure I want to take that much off the table, or take that tax hit right now. Decided to trim 15%.
Sell enough to get net free and pay the tax burden. Hold the rest into eternity.

McInnis 03
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Brewmaster said:

ProgN said:

McInnis 03 said:

Hey Prog, did you know they're letting boys compete in girls spo......I'M KIDDING I'M KIDDING DON'T GO OFF THE DEEP END.
EnronAg
AG
and JPow steps off the podium, and the sell algos immediately turn on LOLOL
McInnis 03
AG
EnronAg said:

and JPow steps off the podium, and the sell algos immediately turn on LOLOL
I noticed a huge stick on the SPY 540p for today right before 1:30......they were evenly split between at bid and at ask though so I couldn't get a read on it, they may go ITM though.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Took a big chunk of TNA, and all my remaining SSO off the table.

Solid 10% profit on SSO, fairly small one on TNA, but it feels like it has to drop back into the 36-37 range again before continuing. Will buy a lot of it back cheaper.
Heineken-Ashi
I think next two days are going to be red.

ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Brewmaster said:

ProgN said:

McInnis 03 said:

Hey Prog, did you know they're letting boys compete in girls spo......I'M KIDDING I'M KIDDING DON'T GO OFF THE DEEP END.
Heineken-Ashi
$3.5B to sell at close

bmoochie
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

$3.5B to sell at close
This is something I have never understood and would love a dummy explanation on what it means? Very green on the day but its to the sell side? help a dummy out please!
Aggie Dad 26
I finally went with ONE share of KVUE. I didn't want to do much being I still don't fully understand what I'm doing but this should help me learn. I've got a notebook that I've not only written down a lot of what you've told me but I'm keeping up with everything I do to include the dates.

1 KVUE, $1795 bid, Order type Limit $17.80
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
At the moment I'm fully out of TNA in my brokerage.

19 total trades, with an average of 128 shares at +9.9% per trade.

Not sure of the compounded number since I didn't keep track of the total capital that went in, but best guess is around between +35-40% overall.

Gotta stop and appreciate these, since I get so down about my bad trades like BOIL. (22 trades, 1300 shares @ -15.6% per trade.)

As far as leveraged ETFs go, this has been my single most profitable one.
Heineken-Ashi
bmoochie said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

$3.5B to sell at close
This is something I have never understood and would love a dummy explanation on what it means? Very green on the day but its to the sell side? help a dummy out please!
It's a trade that has to be placed 10 minutes before the close or earlier. It sits until market is close to closing and then goes active and becomes a market order.

Think of it as wanting to close out your position by the end of the day but not wanting to miss anything or get trapped. Mainly used by institutions and heavy volume day trades. The amount can be seen prior to becoming live.

It doesn't necessarily mean anything. But might give some context if you have expiring options on what the last couple of candles might look like.

ProgN
ProgN said:

Watch Broadcom (AVGO) today. They report earnings after the close. I'd be surprised if they don't announce a stock split today.

Broadcom announced a 10:1 stock split.
Aggie Dad 26
My KVUE order status now reads "Cancelled" WTH?
Anastasia Beaverhaven
ProgN said:

ProgN said:

Watch Broadcom (AVGO) today. They report earnings after the close. I'd be surprised if they don't announce a stock split today.

We just want to know when POWL and SMCI are gonna split.
El_duderino
GreasenUSA
AG
Aggie Class of 2026 said:

You placed a good until market close limit order, and it didn't hit your limit before the market closed.
Aggie Dad 26
GreasenUSA said:

Aggie Class of 2026 said:

You placed a good until market close limit order, and it didn't hit your limit before the market closed.
I'm guessing I just threw away $17.95?
agdaddy04
AG
I've noticed a lot of "glitches" in after hours reporting. Such as when I checked NVDA - few minutes ago it was at $98.25. My question is if someone had a stop loss in, would that trigger it? It's now back at $126.43.
flashplayer
AG
No, it shouldn't cost you anything for a limit order to not be filled. That money never leaves your account until a stock purchase is actually made. They just temporarily subtract it from your cash available to invest to prevent you from spending money that's not in your account with other open buy orders, but it will show back up either immediately or by tomorrow.
EliteZags
AG
AVGO sayin they're done being the boring semi's play

picked up a few shares in the 12-1300s while nvda was runnin out of reach from reality
ProgN
Anastasia Beaverhaven said:

ProgN said:

ProgN said:

We just want to know when POWL and SMCI are gonna split.
Gun to my head, SMCI has a higher probability of declaring a stock split at their next ER, especially if it's near or higher than $1,000/shr. POWL needs to declare at least a 3:1 or 5:1 at their next ER to increase their liquidity. They have zero debt, backlog, and facility expansion to justify it. The huge bonus is that it would unleash rabid squirrels on the shorts' nuts. It would trigger a profitable short squeeze for their LT investors. Their management should get a throat punch if they don't, imo.
ToddyHill
AG
I own both NVDA and AVGO. They'll have their ups and downs...but I think they're a great long term buy and hold.
First Page Last Page
Page 6491 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.