Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,981,092 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
CC09LawAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Halted again. I'm calling BS on this being some algorithm that magically only kicks in on recovery.
Dan Scott
AG
Dollar up, Rates up, market makes new high without nVDA

whats up with that
I bleed maroon
AG

Quote:

So I'm far from one you should seek advice from BUT buying protective puts over and over would get really expensive over time IMO.

Tell me about it - - I've "wasted" a good amount on this insurance-type move.

Quote:

I wonder if you could sell covered calls, 40 days out, and significantly OTM.......should the price get close to exercise or ITM you could always buy them back and you'll likely pay less to do so than you would on a protective put.

The premium you accumulate (and theta decay you capture) over time would also soften the burden of the occasional ITM covered call you have to buy back.

Currently looking at a 1000/1200 January credit spread as a compromise similar to what you're talking about. What do you think of that setup?

Quote:

I know people fear early exercise but this is rare except around the time of Ex-Div so be aware of those timelines.
Very good point on Ex-Div. Will have to note those dates for future reference.

By the way, does anyone want to speculate on if/when LLY will split the stock? Would make covered calls on a portion of the position more palatable...
bmoochie
AG
CC09LawAg said:

Halted again. I'm calling BS on this being some algorithm that magically only kicks in on recovery.

Agree with this. Any slight pop and they halt it. It's definitely being manipulated right before our very eyes.
GreasenUSA
AG
Brewmaster said:

GreasenUSA said:

Edit: Mean to reply to Definitely Not a Cop
Quote:

If DFV keeps converting all of his options to shares like its rumored he did last time, could he own a majority stakeholder position eventually?

According to his screenshot yesterday, his current holding of 5 million shares + (120,000 call contracts, 6/21 expiration), could allow him to hold 17 million shares by the end of the month.
he probably sold covered calls yesterday before close - and made a killing. (credit to my buddy AgShaun)

Maybe, but not according to his screenshot after market close yesterday. It probably wouldn't be a good idea for him to be posting misleading screenshots at this point.
GreasenUSA
AG
bmoochie said:

CC09LawAg said:

Agree with this. Any slight pop and they halt it. It's definitely being manipulated right before our very eyes.

https://www.nasdaqtrader.com/trader.aspx?id=TradeHalts

This is the official trading halt tracking site if you want to keep up. It has reason codes. I always thought the threshold for a downside volatility halt was 5% in 5 minutes, but who knows.
CC09LawAg
bmoochie said:

CC09LawAg said:

You have to think this will only embolden people and piss them off more. We shall see.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bought 6 GME just to have some fun today. Set my sell at $60.
bmoochie
AG
Oh I don't disagree with you on the fact there is a method and reasonings. What I'm saying is there is more going on with this particular stock then what you're saying.
I bleed maroon
AG
GreasenUSA said:

bmoochie said:

CC09LawAg said:

https://www.nasdaqtrader.com/trader.aspx?id=TradeHalts

This is the official trading halt tracking site if you want to keep up. It has reason codes. I always thought the threshold for a downside volatility halt was 5% in 5 minutes, but who knows.
Get the heck outta here with your facts and all. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.
McInnis 03
AG
Selling call spreads would be a similiar maneuver. You could sell the call spreads to pay for your protective puts.
BartInLA
Nvidia (NVDA): just purchased at 10:00 am at $1,189.80.

I know it looks like on hand it couldn't keep going up but I've been saying that for 3 years. The forward 10:1 split should not technically help stock owners except 1) there are more fees for the company to make doing a split 2) psychologically, I think (MBA 1989), a) the stock tends to go up after splits lower the price and b) more people can afford one share so demand may rise therefore stock price.

I got very burned in the markets in the past 3 years mainly because I didn't diversify (the first rule I learned in 1988) and I had to sell a lot of stocks because I needed a good deal of cash so I sold Micron at a loss. Micron rose significantly but mostly after I sold much lower.
I freaking going to ride out Nvidia (married to it) like I tried to do with Micron (until I had an unexpected severe need for cash).
The Fed is looking into antitrust considerations so obviously that could heavily impact Nvidia which seems to me has a moat situation for a bit longer and AI demand, in my opinion, will surely expand exponentially, with some future startups not making money for years and the infrastructure of AI holding back growth? One article opined that AI will be as advanced in 25 years as they will in fact be from what is expected 10 years from now. A lag.
I used to be big into stock research 15 years ago and I'm just getting back to researching again. Personally, I don't like technical trading but AI stock trading technology will ironically make a big difference IMHO.
Good luck everyone.

Thoughts?
Talon2DSO
AG
I'm YOLOing GME. In for 50 shares at $37.42.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ok, 10 GME now. Still just fun money, but it looks like another squeeze is incoming.

@ 36.43
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
15 minutes to livestream. The chat is scrolling too fast to read!

I wonder if "they" have the hft machines running full bore on gme to cause the halts on purpose
sts7049
AG
can you imagine if he turned his focus to WWR next
bigtoneag
AG
Metals getting smoked today.
Number Monkey
AG
WTF metals?! Follow yesterday's fantastic results with a kick in the groin today? Geez. Someone make sense of this madness!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Talon2DSO said:

I'm YOLOing GME. In for 50 shares at $37.42.

TheVarian
AG
Legit laughed out loud at this. Too good
sts7049
AG
i'm in on some way OTM jan GME puts as my lotto
AgPT06
AG
I bought AMD puts this morning. It hasnt proven that it will break out yet. Already green so will set stops to profit or break even.
McInnis 03
AG
So price JUST crept above the 5-12ema on GME (10 minute), so you can typically expect a runup to the 34EMA which is sitting at 40 before a rest.....but nothing is sure in this life.

It's about Kitty time.

To all you GME holders, I sincerely hope....I really do...I hope you get tendies.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.youtube.com/live/U1prSyyIco0
CC09LawAg
How can you be late for your own party!
sts7049
AG
he runs late and it drops 10%
McInnis 03
AG
461k people watching this...........still image..........
McInnis 03
AG
HALTED
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Grabbed expiring xsp puts in case something silly happens
McInnis 03
AG
Dude got Epsteined or Boeing Whistleblowered.
McInnis 03
AG
Someone spam the chat in there with this

$WWR $WWR $WWR $WWR $WWR $WWR $WWR $WWR $WWR $WWR $WWR $WWR $WWR $WWR $WWR $WWR $WWR $WWR $WWR $WWR $WWR
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Nobody likes that stock
Heineken-Ashi
How is this real life? Surely a country is getting invaded today. Or some crazy law is about to be passed while we are all watching a still image on youtube.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well he's sure making everyone wait.

I'm also thinking something smells fishy here now.
PeekingDuck
AG
I know the state of Gamestop retail isn't particularly relevant for these shenanigans, but I did go in there just to see what it looked like these days last time I was at a mall. Looked to be in terrible shape and I really can't figure out what their plan is for the actual business.
First Page Last Page
Page 6481 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.