Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,979,555 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks!
LMCane
Bonfire.1996 said:

Buffett's latest trade: T-Bills. Financial reporters say he is simply stockpiling liquidity for his next buy. I call bullshlt. Well, at least half bullshlt.

Depending on maturity dates, the T Bills he is buying have less current interest than many money market vehicles. By taking on duration risk, and taking less interest income, Buffett is signaling something else. A top in treasury rates?

If rates drop, his treasuries become very valuable. If he bought 5-10 year durations, they become extremely valuable.

He might think with rates set to drop in the next 6 months, that high interest treasuries offer the best potential, short term return on investment, thereby increasing the capital he can then deploy when equity prices drop.

can you buy 2 year T-Bills on Fidelity?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Okay okay I'll play!

Nice work BES, congrats!
nortex97
AG
CAVA 80 puts turning green today. Thx Heineken.
CC09LawAg
CC09LawAg said:

Short interest on MARA is pretty high with 1 day to cover - about this time yesterday is when it started its reverse upwards.

Hoping it starts climbing.
Got stopped for a small gain on half, have stops set for slightly above even for the other half - I think this one is gonna keep pushing up today.
Bonfire.1996
LMCane said:

Bonfire.1996 said:

Buffett's latest trade: T-Bills. Financial reporters say he is simply stockpiling liquidity for his next buy. I call bullshlt. Well, at least half bullshlt.

Depending on maturity dates, the T Bills he is buying have less current interest than many money market vehicles. By taking on duration risk, and taking less interest income, Buffett is signaling something else. A top in treasury rates?

If rates drop, his treasuries become very valuable. If he bought 5-10 year durations, they become extremely valuable.

He might think with rates set to drop in the next 6 months, that high interest treasuries offer the best potential, short term return on investment, thereby increasing the capital he can then deploy when equity prices drop.

can you buy 2 year T-Bills on Fidelity?
I don't think so. I think it's a brokered transaction that must be executed by a license holder. I'm not sure of that though.
Heineken-Ashi
nortex97 said:

CAVA 80 puts turning green today. Thx Heineken.
Need it to break $85 to really start taking off. Setup still looks great.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
GreasenUSA
AG
No system trades triggered today, so took a discretionary Model T short on NVDA from 1223. I think I'm at least a day early here, so already covered 3/4 of the position.
CC09LawAg
I did it. I set stops and was green on the trade and out before this big dip. Used my surplus profit from my daily goal to make a smaller trade to buy back in at the bottom of this dip and gonna let it ride.

I think I'm starting to get a bigger sense of accomplishment from the execution of small trades relative to my goals versus the monetary gains. Going to try to keep this mindset going.
El_duderino
Didn't take it, but AMD played perfectly for calls off the $164 bounce and then a nice 50% retrace from that top
Heineken-Ashi
Silver getting frisky

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
cryption
SLV has been my favorite play this year. I've got a bunch of the metals you've called out over the past couple months. HMY, SLV, GOLD, SAND and all are doing well.
EliteZags
AG
PLTR PYPL and HOOD carrying my portfolio today
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bought a little more TNA, lowering target to $40.15 on half my shares.
Heineken-Ashi
Did everyone get in on CORZ earlier this year? Been a great couple of days. I'm up 2.5x on my position I accumulated before they came out of bankruptcy.

gougler08
AG
Any idea what has gotten in to UNFI lately? Rocket ship this week
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Talon2DSO said:

I don't mean to get all excited but WWR is almost 60 cents.

You jinxed us.
EliteZags
AG
GME running
Heineken-Ashi
Strongly considering PLTR puts here looking for $16 2-3 months out. Can't quite pull the trigger yet, as I can see one more push up to $25 in the next week or so as possible.

EliteZags
AG
assume you're playing the sell the news on S&P inclusion
Heineken-Ashi
EliteZags said:

assume you're playing the sell the news on S&P inclusion
No. Just the setup. I posted a while back that I felt PLTR had topped and would be coming down before really taking off to new highs. And it's now got a perfect short setup. But like I said, I can make a case for one more push higher, so I'm hesitant here. But If you are long, might not be a bad idea to pick up some August protective puts.

EliteZags
AG
GME's live might push for 40
spud1910
AG
I did. Currently up almost 2.5 times what I put in to start. Thanks for the heads up then!
EliteZags
AG
broke past 40 where does this stall??
EliteZags
AG

how the f does this play out the next 25 hours
M4 Benelli
Heini, can you do your magic and evaluate CLF and AEHR? CLF is in the tanks and two bucks shy from a 52 wk low. Solid value play if they keep tanking (which I want to see.) AEHR appears to have hit its low and is steamrolling upward again. This stock can gain traction very quickly, hoping for a repeat.
Dan Scott
AG
El_duderino
WSB never ceases to amaze
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Spaceship said:

McInnis 03 said:

Brewmaster said:

We are in the end game now.

Can someone clarify what this means exactly? Interesting story for sure.

If all accurate, and price holds here above 20 AND Keith doesn't close out his contracts.......market makers need to come up with more shares by 6/21 to fulfill their contracts.

Well well well

Off she goes. DFV has a live YouTube stream tomorrow at 11a
I bleed maroon
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Did everyone get in on CORZ earlier this year? Been a great couple of days. I'm up 2.5x on my position I accumulated before they came out of bankruptcy.
I was in CORZW (the warrants) since January. Finished methodically closing out my position over several months yesterday - net gain of 103%.
Heineken-Ashi
M4 Benelli said:

Heini, can you do your magic and evaluate CLF and AEHR? CLF is in the tanks and two bucks shy from a 52 wk low. Solid value play if they keep tanking (which I want to see.) AEHR appears to have hit its low and is steamrolling upward again. This stock can gain traction very quickly, hoping for a repeat.
CLF failed after the last buy signal and I was stopped out. Shame too, as it's now looking like it's going to extend deeper before we finally get the run up to $25+ I've been waiting two years for. Below is just my best guess, and for those that don't get EW, when you see nested abc's inside of bigger abc's, all it means is we have a long term choppy correction. Bulls just can't ever take control.

Steel futures selling off too, so this makes sense.

nortex97
AG
GME trading suspended? Keith Gill is a maniac, even if he's a billionaire on Friday night, LOL. $43 a share?
mosdefn14
AG
Does he have the $240mm to take delivery?

Big game of chicken? If shorts believe he won't (can't) exercise, do they close their contracts or do his expire? No way he's selling that many contracts without pushing the price way down, volume isn't there. Does he really want to exercise and then be long 17mm shares at 40 for a company that should be valued at $10?
EliteZags
AG
I'm watching on RH Webull and Google seems to be multiple halts and currently
Heineken-Ashi
And CAVA is off the races. Plan to sell 1st tranche of puts below $82.

First Page Last Page
Page 6476 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.