Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,982,027 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Heineken-Ashi
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I bought shares last week, and yeah, Friday was rough no doubt. I just exited a couple of minutes ago. But it's still running.
BT1395
AG
McInnis 03 said:

And a reminder, when NVDA goes 10:1 Monday, if you're holding a 1190p option with a date PAST the split, you'll then have 10-119p's at a 1/10 the price.

If Lotto Friday sees NVDA run up, I may investigate such a play.

Just sold a covered call out to 7/19. Premiums are chubby and I'd be happy to sell my shares for $1,350 ($135 post split) in 6 weeks. I think there will be an influx of buyers of both the stock and options after the split but $1,350 seems too good to be true for the next few months.
aggies4life
AG
Whoop!
aggies4life
AG
aggies4life said:

Anyone playing with NVDL (2x) over
Nvda?

Up 46% since then
Heineken-Ashi
Quote:

June 28 2007: 4:20 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The Federal Reserve left a key short-term interest rate unchanged Thursday and indicated it was still worried about inflation, a sign the central bank will leave rates alone for a while instead of cutting them despite concerns about a sluggish economy.

In its widely watched statement, the Fed eliminated its characterization of core inflation as being "elevated," saying that "readings on core inflation have improved modestly in recent months."

But the Fed added that "a sustained moderation in inflation pressures has yet to be convincingly demonstrated."
That is in June of 2007. They cut a couple months later after the mortgage crisis really started to take off.

I'm sorry yall. I'm not trying to be doom and gloom. But when I see parallels, I can't but help but show my work. Take it as you will. History doesn't have to repeat.

Here's where everything was in June of 2007

Red&White - 2 year yield
Orange - 10 year yield
Blue - Fed Funds rate
Yellow - SPX

Fed has paused for a year before dropping. They got the fed funds rate restrictively above market rates and left it there for a year. But once the 2 and 10 started to selloff, and cracks starting showing, the had no choice but to cut. Green arrow marks where SPX was in June of 2007.

Fast forward to today. Look somewhat similar? FED has been paused almost a whole year. June meeting approaching. Will they stayed paused? 2 and 10 are showing signs of potentially dropping, exact same as 2007 except this time the 2 hasn't gotten under the 10 before they started dropping.

Now let's go back to 2007..

Also happens to be an election year.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm of two minds currently.

Half of my brain wants to sell everything.

The other half wants to dump in all my cash.

Getting harder and harder to sit on my hands these days...ugh.
TTUArmy
Interesting charts H-A.

Ewww....that current 10 and 2 have been inverted for quite awhile. Is there any correlation between how long the inversion lasts and how long the market stays in a corrective posture?
Heineken-Ashi
TTUArmy said:

Interesting charts H-A.

Ewww....that current 10 and 2 have been inverted for quite awhile. Is there any correlation between how long the inversion lasts and how long the market stays in a corrective posture?
Hasn't happened to this extent for a very long time. Last time was August 1978 through April 1980. They un-inverted in April 1980, then inverted again in September 1980 and stayed that way until October 81.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
EliteZags
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Getting harder and harder to sit on my hands these days...ugh.

not hard to sit on fat gains over here
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Brewmaster said:

bmoochie said:

Wtf kind of day was this?!

I need the Morpheus (matrix) gif here… "What if I told you interest rates are going to be cut soon!" Maybe the markets know cuts are coming
You'd be wrong. The markets and it's participants aren't even as accurate as weathermen. That's why the majority of money managers rarely beat the S&P. They've been predicting cuts for how long now? If you told them in January that the best we would get is a single cut in December, how many of them would have predicted 5300?

I actually think there is a setup in place, in both bonds and yields, for rates to come down a bit. But even with my methods of measuring sentiment, I am wrong a lot. Nothing is baked in and nothing is a given. And nobody is omniscient.

even so, I was not ballsy enough to go long SPY calls a week or so ago.
EnronAg
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Something I'm watching. Early in 2020, I got double weekly RSI sell signals. The market then made two higher highs before COVID catalyzed a massive selloff.

February 2024 shows similar double weekly sell signals. We now have a 2nd higher high following.

Definitely not saying history will repeat, but history does tend to rhyme. And I'm still very very cautious and risk adverse.

I think we all know what's gonna catalyze this sucker this go around
Heineken-Ashi
EnronAg said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Something I'm watching. Early in 2020, I got double weekly RSI sell signals. The market then made two higher highs before COVID catalyzed a massive selloff.

February 2024 shows similar double weekly sell signals. We now have a 2nd higher high following.

Definitely not saying history will repeat, but history does tend to rhyme. And I'm still very very cautious and risk adverse.

I think we all know what's gonna catalyze this sucker this go around
My money is on aliens.

Bonfire.1996
Buffett's latest trade: T-Bills. Financial reporters say he is simply stockpiling liquidity for his next buy. I call bullshlt. Well, at least half bullshlt.

Depending on maturity dates, the T Bills he is buying have less current interest than many money market vehicles. By taking on duration risk, and taking less interest income, Buffett is signaling something else. A top in treasury rates?

If rates drop, his treasuries become very valuable. If he bought 5-10 year durations, they become extremely valuable.

He might think with rates set to drop in the next 6 months, that high interest treasuries offer the best potential, short term return on investment, thereby increasing the capital he can then deploy when equity prices drop.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
The moass?! (Mother of all short squeezes...i just had to look it up)
South Platte
CXM got obliterated on a revenue miss and announcing co-CEO.
jamey
AG
Bocephus
AG
Bonfire.1996 said:

Buffett's latest trade: T-Bills. Financial reporters say he is simply stockpiling liquidity for his next buy. I call bullshlt. Well, at least half bullshlt.

Depending on maturity dates, the T Bills he is buying have less current interest than many money market vehicles. By taking on duration risk, and taking less interest income, Buffett is signaling something else. A top in treasury rates?

If rates drop, his treasuries become very valuable. If he bought 5-10 year durations, they become extremely valuable.

He might think with rates set to drop in the next 6 months, that high interest treasuries offer the best potential, short term return on investment, thereby increasing the capital he can then deploy when equity prices drop.

Aren't T-bills paying 5+ percent right now?
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Bonfire.1996
Bocephus said:

Bonfire.1996 said:

Aren't T-bills paying 5+ percent right now?
Only the shortest maturity ones. Longer maturities are less than 5.
sts7049
AG
NVDA, MSFT, and OpenAI under antitrust investigation
EnronAg
AG
So ECB stupidly cuts today and the Q's rip another 2% today?!? Blowoff top approaching?!?
McInnis 03
AG
HOOD bought a crypto trading platform

Price is up against the next resistance. Worth watching into open.
McInnis 03
AG
Oooooooof $FIVE devastated by earnings
harge57
AG
sts7049 said:

Interest timing on announcing this. With the NVDA stock split.
flashplayer
AG
They've been in a 3 month nosedive already. I guess people don't want cheap meaningless crap when finances get tight.
McInnis 03
AG
harge57 said:

sts7049 said:

Interest timing on announcing this. With the NVDA stock split.
NVDA touching 1250 on the news lol

Sidenote: LOGI may be worth watching. They announced a freaking "mac keyboard" and they're up above psych-100 on it.......

Also watching CVNA....
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Watching HOOD to see if it holds 22, and 22.40 is SUPER important, bullish if so
LOGI smells like a fade on no news, not sure the play, may ignore for now
CVNA if holds above 107.50, bullish -- UPDATE: CVNA is leaving the station, dang.

These are not entries or exits, only areas of interest. Things change fast and so are my ins/outs.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Watching HOOD to see if it holds 22, and 22.40 is SUPER important, bullish if so
LOGI smells like a fade on no news, not sure the play, may ignore for now
CVNA if holds above 107.50, bullish -- UPDATE: CVNA is leaving the station, dang.

These are not entries or exits, only areas of interest. Things change fast and so are my ins/outs.
Took hood $22.50c for tomorrow at .48 when price crossed 22.44....got net free and holding runners now.

Also takign NCLH 19c for toomrrow at .05 .04(!!) as hopefully a quicker in/out.
Talon2DSO
AG
I don't mean to get all excited but WWR is almost 60 cents.
CC09LawAg
Short interest on MARA is pretty high with 1 day to cover - about this time yesterday is when it started its reverse upwards.

Hoping it starts climbing.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Talon2DSO said:

To the moon, baby!
aggiebonzo
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Just put a new order in so I can buy high and sell low like the rest of my shares!
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Because they didn't unroll this, I'm probably going to follow on this........

I think they added 4000 more contracts this morning because all were at the ask. OI tomorrow will show.
McInnis 03
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just need a mildly green day today to become a [half-]millionaire for the first time. A personal milestone that felt years away just a year ago.

Not a particularly important number for me, and still a ways away from where I want to be, but still feels good after seeing my portfolio move sideways for what felt like years.
CC09LawAg
Nice work man.
First Page Last Page
Page 6475 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.