Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,978,545 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SSRM fill that I scheduled for $5 over a month ago just went through.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
South Platte
Heineken-Ashi said:

And here's a non-energy that has confirmed with ridiculously low risk - just freaking buy it here with stop at recent low.

I got into this one and it's done very well.
Texaggie7nine
Is this why POWL is tanking?

https://www.investing.com/news/company-news/powell-industries-insider-sells-over-41-million-in-company-stock-93CH-3468537
7nine
flashplayer
AG
HUMA tanked this morning on insider trading. For anyone looking to get in it is flirting with dropping below $6.

But supposedly COO sold all her shares. So that could be a bad sign. Someone call Tubberville quick.
spud1910
AG
Thanks. I lost power and internet last night right after that post. Had to leave home to find a place I can even use my phone today so I haven't been able to find anything.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Fan favorite $SNOW looking bullish in premarket......odd.
Trying a $SNOW short here.
Closed, too much chop
Heineken-Ashi
POWL, yall really need to pay attention to the weekly chart. The daily is in a full sell. But the weekly MACD on ly recently turned down and is threatening to cross down. If so, watch out below. As of right now it's not far away from the RSI avg line that has been a bounce region, so might get some relief soon. But keep your eye on the weekly MACD going forward. When it crosses, there is a long road down available. I know ProgN is pounding the table. I hate going against him as he's way smarter than me, has actual institutional trading experience, and knows a lot more about the company than I ever will. But I've been warning about the risk of a significant top in this one for a while. ProgN will hold no matter how low and will back up the truck to add to this long term hold. And considering that my multi year target is $300+, if you can afford to hold thats great. But if you are planning to buy, please do so with defined stops and keep your eye on the failure points. This could very well see sub $100 again before re-engaging full bull.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
flashplayer
AG
HA - everything still the same on SLV? My recollection was you had mentioned it might make another drop like this before rising again. How low could you see it going the next couple weeks?
Heineken-Ashi
flashplayer said:

HA - everything still the same on SLV? My recollection was you had mentioned it might make another drop like this before rising again. How low could you see it going the next couple weeks?
My bottom target for spot silver is between $26 and $28. If we get SLV $26 that should be a significant support area. But I wouldn't be surprised to see $24-$25 again. I will be adding back calls at every even dollar level between $24 and $26.

nortex97
AG
I just added some more and to later calls. Will be an interesting quarter/6 months.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I spent too much time yesterday reading about gme, registering shares, and pre-split share prices and decided to grab a couple expiring 40c for a buck. 43 apparently is the pre-split price and someone bought a million dollars worth of expiring 100c yesterday. Reddit thinks it's a dfv gamble but feels more to me like a short capping their exposure
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I spent too much time yesterday reading about gme, registering shares, and pre-split share prices and decided to grab a couple expiring 40c for a buck. 43 apparently is the pre-split price and someone bought a million dollars worth of expiring 100c yesterday. Reddit thinks it's a dfv gamble but feels more to me like a short capping their exposure
I'll ride with you on this.

Bought 1 $30 call and 1 $40 call
McInnis 03
AG
well my AMD rebound hasn't occurred and it appears to be sucking wind here.
flashplayer
AG
UEC has dropped to the 6.40s. Usually from here it quickly bounces up to the 7.30-7.50 area pretty predictably lately.

15% opportunity with low risk in my mind. Someone more technically capable than me can chime in to correct me but I have made a decent bit just playing swings on this stock.

The chart looks like a sawblade.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Elon ordered all the NVDA chips destined for Tesla to be re-routed to xAI.

Heineken-Ashi
flashplayer said:

UEC has dropped to the 6.40s. Usually from here it quickly bounces up to the 7.30-7.50 area pretty predictably lately.

15% opportunity with low risk in my mind. Someone more technically capable than me can chime in to correct me but I have made a decent bit just playing swings on this stock.

The chart looks like a sawblade.
Support is between $5.50 and $5.75. I think the better play would be to wait for it to take out $7.75, buy the breakout with stop at $7.00, and then layer in more shares on a break above the $8.34 top moving stop to $7.75 entry.

Otherwise you are trying to time a bottom when daily MACD is in full sell and weekly is in a cycle down.

El Chupacabra
El Chupacabra said:

ProgN said:

Howdy fam,

This is for our more buy and hold type members that don't have the time or interest to actively trade stocks. Put $KSS on your target list. Let the dust clear to see if they'll cut their dividend, I personally don't see them cutting it. That said, it's currently yielding 9.6% annually. It's not an exciting or sexy stock, but they won't be down at this price long if they say their dividend is safe. Kohl's isn't going out of business and 9.6% dividend put into a DRIP, with the likelihood of price appreciation is an excellent opportunity to position yourselves for incredible returns, especially in an IRA or other tax deferred vehicle. It's also a value for custodial accounts for your young kids because you can set it and forget it in a DRIP. This advice changes if they slash their dividend, that's why I suggest letting the dust clear.
I kicked myself for selling at 22.50. Now time to start adding back slowly.
Up ~10% since buying the tiny, miniscule number of shares at 20.50 just a few days ago.
Bonfire.1996
txaggie_08 said:

Why are oil stocks taking suck a beating the last couple days? There was a sizable draw last week and OPEC confirmed their production cuts into 2025. You would think this may be more bullish, but stocks have taken a hit yesterday and this morning.
FYI: OPEC announced voluntary cuts to continue. BUT, opec is lying. Most of the member countries who have subscribed to cuts are producing above their supply targets. 250,000 bpd above the targets. Also, both Venezuela and Iran, who are NOT part of the supply cuts, are increasing output. Iran, in particular, is producing at a 5 year high.

They are flooding the market to drop price, and thereby drop US Inflation, to help get Biden re-elected. They don't want Trump v2.0 the OPEC killer.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
You can't run and hide from eating your vegetables forever...
flashplayer
AG
There's no way that will trickle through the pipeline in time to help Biden unless they crash the price completely almost overnight. Since they love money I have a hard time seeing that being the angle of their play here. (Though I agree that they all want to see Biden again)

Maybe they're ramping up to gear up for another regional conflict and capitalize when the price spikes. Best case scenario for those countries is Biden wins, regional conflicts take off since everyone knows there's no repercussions, and then price of oil spikes and they all profit from bribing uncle Joe.
Heineken-Ashi
If the FED is going to drop rates, it's only going to be after one of two things happen..

1. The 2Y yield crosses back below the 10y yield.
2. Both the 2Y and 10Y start free falling together.

And those events line up with market corrections at best and major drawdown events at worst. If you aren't paying attention to bond yields, you are quite literally not paying attention at all.

And there really isn't any history of the FED acting before market yields tell it to. If they were to drop without market yields first dropping, you would likely see something for the very first time, a divergence in the direction of the FED rate from the direction of the market, which would cause the FED to reverse rather quickly and move at an extreme pace to catch up. Don't believe me? Look at how long the FED waited to raise rates following COVID. The market started moving up in July 2020. The FED remained flat until February 2022. What followed was the FED having to undergo a historic pace of raising rates to catch up. And we all know how that worked out for the economy. I've talked before about why the FED waited. "Transitory" was merely their excuse. The liquidity they had injected following COVID needed time to filter through the economy into the hands of the wealthy. It wasn't until the market and real estate reached obscene eutrophic levels that they finally acted. The people the FED truly protects had finally had enough time to generate a cushion. Next time might not be so generous to them.

If you see them drop rates before the market rates drop, you likely have 6 months to protect yourself from the massive increase in inflation that will ensue. And if you see rates drop, especially if the 2yr crosses the 10y, it's probably already too late, as the FED dropping will trigger the free fall in markets.

bmoochie
AG
Entered $85 put for July to give time. Your beer candle looks like its going to end with a little momentum to the downside as long as we close here or below.
Heineken-Ashi
bmoochie said:

Entered $85 put for July to give time. Your beer candle looks like its going to end with a little momentum to the downside as long as we close here or below.
I like it. Don't get freaked out if you see low $90's over the next week.

EliteZags
AG
bought in POWL @156 with zero knowledge of the company, slow week this is like betting on games just to make them more interesting to watch just itching to get some action
confucius_ag
AG
Ocean shipping rates continuing to climb from Asia.

-increased demand
-capacity stretched
-continued drought in Panama causing limited allocation of vessels crossing canal to east coast (including Houston)
"Me not know, me not tell, me push button and run like hell."
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Crwd delivers again. Prob gonna get crushed tomorrow
HoustonAg_2009
Anyone else jump into KSS? Their $0.50/qtr div has been around for a couple years now. It looks tempting.
Heineken-Ashi
MARA - trend channeling upward. $19.20 support and $25 resistance. S&R are rising with each day. My guess is $25-$26 by sometime next week then reversal. But you never know.

Despite the faulty headlines, CORZ was not offered a buyout. It entered into a 12y-ear contract with CoreWeave to host its Nvidia GPUs. CORZ will provide 200mw. Should be ready to go in 2025 with revenue expectations of ~$300M. Other miners ran a little with it today and potential prospects of similar deals that could be worth much higher. Something to keep an eye on.

Brewmaster
AG
South Platte said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

And here's a non-energy that has confirmed with ridiculously low risk - just freaking buy it here with stop at recent low.

I got into this one and it's done very well.

wow, nice call like always Heineken. I'm not in this one, but solid. I am in LKQ though, watching it closely.
Heineken-Ashi
Thanks. Can move stop on GEO to $14.50. Below that and the best case is choppy slower rise. Next target should be low $16's.

Heineken-Ashi
BAX is close to a buy. RSI hasn't triggered yet but has been buried since early May on daily, but MACD has crossed up. It could search for one more low, but if you want to get in here with good R/R, buy tomorrow as long as above $33 with stop just under $33.

Target $45-$58. Timeframe = 2-4 months.

Heineken-Ashi
COP - Last buy signal couldn't get follow through and we have a new low. RSI chopping around the bottom on daily while price moves down. Unless you like trying to time a bottom, I'd wait to enter. I think low $100's are incoming unless something changes quickly. I'm not selling here, will just double up once low is confirmed. Below $103 is where I start to get squeemish.

Heineken-Ashi
LWLG - Watch this one. Not a buy yet, but getting close. Watching for low $2's. This is a long term swing with a target of $20+.

The company has some interesting prospects and is pounding the table on their high speed, low power consumption electro-optic polymers.

Heineken-Ashi
IMPUY - Platinum miner. Looking for $3.50-$4.50 for bottom. Should 2-3x at minimum over the next year.

McInnis 03
AG
All the "data" in the last 24 hours (Mortgage, jobs) is giving support to the 2-rate cut thesis......
First Page Last Page
Page 6472 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.