Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,976,702 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
gindaloon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sub-dollar stocks are 45% of total market volume today.
CRKN GWAV FFIE SINT CYN PEGY These 6 names account for 40% of total market volume.
flashplayer
AG
I still can't believe they haven't gone after Carvana yet. 30% shorted and coming off a great earnings report.
Heineken-Ashi
Number Monkey said:

I'm interested in AGQ, but I've never done a LETF. When you say a short-term play, are you saying don't leave your money in it longer than a week, a month? Once you make 10%, you get out and then maybe get back in? Just not familiar with the strategy on a LETF and Schwab puts all these disclaimers on them that make me hesitant...
The price scales are different, but the shape and price action is almost the exact same. As SLV goes, AGQ goes harder.

Most recent low was SLV around $24 from $26.40. AGQ hit $31 from $41. Deeper drawdowns on silver weakness. But while SLV might jump to $30, AGQ could hit $75-$80 at the same time. When SLV jumped from $11.50 to $26.25 in 2020, AGQ went from $13 to $71.

Quote:

This ProShares ETF seeks daily investment results that correspond, before fees and expenses, to 2x the daily performance of its underlying benchmark (the "Daily Target").

While the Fund has a daily investment objective, you may hold Fund shares for longer than one day if you believe it is consistent with your goals and risk tolerance.

For any holding period other than a day, your return may be higher or lower than the Daily Target. These differences may be significant. Smaller index gains/losses and higher index volatility contribute to returns worse than the Daily Target. Larger index gains/losses and lower index volatility contribute to returns better than the Daily Target.

The more extreme these factors are, the more they occur together, and the longer your holding period while these factors apply, the more your return will tend to deviate. Investors should consider periodically monitoring their geared fund investments in light of their goals and risk tolerance.
If you are doing long dated options, stick with SLV. If SLV is in a strong uptrend and you are considering buying shares, throw some at AGQ too. But once the uptrend ends, get out of AGQ.

Currently, 85% of AGQ holdings are in July Silver futures, the rest are in swaps.

Quote:

It is a "rolling index," which means that it does not take physical possession of any commodities. The roll occurs over a period of five business days in certain months according to a pre-determined schedule, generally beginning on the sixth business day of the month and ending on the tenth business day. Each day, approximately 20% of each rolling futures position that is included in the month's roll is rolled, increasing from 0% to 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% and finally 100%.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
El_duderino
Never mind
agdaddy04
AG
Did I screw up by selling at $95?
ProgN
no
Heineken-Ashi
AMD, I think we get some chop in this bounce for the next couple of months ultimately swinging up and down to $190, which is significant resistance. When I say swinging up and down, I can't rule out a re-test of the $150 area. My base expectation is it fails upon the $190 range and drops through end of the year below $130. But a lot can play out. If the next retrace can hold above $160, perhaps I can get more bullish. But not jumping in right now.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Brewmaster
AG
ok, you've convinced me AGQ is at least worth a good scalp. maybe even a couple days hold in a strong uptrend.
Spoony Love
AG
SPY keep selling. Something is brewing. Watch for the selloff in the last hour.
El_duderino
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My Roth is now over 40% cash...
McInnis 03
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Did I screw up by selling at $95?

Not if you made profit.
Ragoo
AG
Meme frenzy didn't last long
flashplayer
AG
Ragoo said:

Apparently you missed the post about penny stocks earlier.

See top of this page and bottom of last.
El_duderino
Not quite the level of sell off expected, but bears did reverse that 14:50 big green 5 minute candle
Spoony Love
AG
I still think we have to fill those gaps below before we hit another ATH. Maybe this is the start of selling off. This run has been fun to watch though.
EliteZags
AG
also suspect there'll be at least one more volatile push when RoaringKitty/DFE inevitably leads to restarting his Youtube
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Redler posted yesterday that he was going back to cash in his blood in the streets (bos) account, and that it couldn't wait until friday. That boy good
Ag13
AG
Ag13 said:

Going long GME $20 puts expiring Friday. Effectively shorting the stock with downside limited to premiums paid. This week's twitter inspired rally doesn't seem to have the same oomph as the 2021 craziness. Should make for a fun close to the week.
With all apologies to any YOLO GME bulls in here...If we get another ~$12 drop tomorrow these are going to be great
BlueTaze
flashplayer said:

I still can't believe they haven't gone after Carvana yet. 30% shorted and coming off a great earnings report.

The chart looks like most, if not all ,of that squeeze is over. Down to 30% from 70% short last year.
WolfCall
AG
Recommendations for Israeli company stocks?
EliteZags
AG
flashplayer said:

Ragoo said:

Apparently you missed the post about penny stocks earlier.

See top of this page and bottom of last.

threw a lotto ticket on 1000 GWAV shares, equate this to 'sports investing' on games just to make them more interesting to watch
ProgN
WolfCall said:

$CYBR is a very good Israeli company.
BrokeAssAggie
ProgN
BrokeAssAggie said:

Where ITF have you been?

Good to see that you attempted to post. I thought you just hit it and quit it without saying goodbye and not even leaving a few Benjamins on the nightstand.
Nitro Power
AG
flashplayer said:

FFIE is 95% shorted. That's why they are going after it
BrokeAssAggie
Just working. Still read but not day trading
McInnis 03
AG
Ragoo said:

As soon as they added all those strikes the MM's were able to get delta neutral which killed it quickly.
McInnis 03
AG
Silver breaking out.
cryption
My net free calls love it!
Chef Elko
AG
Nitro Power said:

flashplayer said:

FFIE is 95% shorted. That's why they are going after it

This is wild. Went from $0.04 to almost $3
Tumble Weed
McInnis 03 said:

Silver breaking out.

Started buying SLV recently because of this thread. Thanks for the profits. Not something that I would have normally traded. Same goes for GLD.
EnronAg
AG
terrible LEI numbers...signs of slowing growth...market rockets...I guess bad news is good news for yet another indicator...
confucius_ag
AG
WolfCall said:

NNOX
"Me not know, me not tell, me push button and run like hell."
LMCane
WolfCall said:

Ishares Israel ETF
First Page Last Page
Page 6448 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.