Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,977,858 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agdaddy04 said:

On morning of earnings I put in a sell order for all my shares at $95. Tempted to just leave that there, but curious about your thoughts.
at 8:39 yesterday, someone bought 832 contracts of TTD 90c for this week at .15.

Those are trading for $5 now.

If by some act of God they still have those, that's a +$400,000 transaction.
flashplayer
AG
BABA taking off. Hey, where's that shill who made me all this money on BABA?
bhanacik
AG
flashplayer said:

OA is definitely appreciated. Hopefully, the comments made recently by a select few don't keep him from posting in the future
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
ProgN said:

Not today, traders want DJIA 40K to print.

And there it is.
Spy 4hr rsi over 98
flashplayer
AG
Yeah, my comment was definitely a combo of light hearted ribbing to those folk and a thank you please come back to drop nuggets every once in a while to OA kind of intent.
LMCane
what are you suggesting as the best investment then as I agree completely with your hypothesis.

I am increasing my GLD, miners and diversifying from sector ETF to individual stocks such as NVDIA, META, Eli Lilly, supermicro, Alphabet, Microsoft

adding to XLU to play the increased demand for utility (electricity)

are you saying that if I buy a 5 year Treasury today- the rate of return will be dropping even though it was locked in at a certain rate?
bhanacik
AG
went ahead and sold half of SLV sept calls for a good profit. hoping we get a bit of retrace to push out the expiration on those.

still holding the shares - am up 11% on those
South Platte
McInnis 03 said:

Maximus Johnson said:

I just want to say thanks to this board I have been averaging 3% gain daily on my play money/savings account. I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to stonks or the stonk market in general.

I feel like I am getting greedy not selling HUMA at 100% profit. If only I could wrap my head around how calls worked......
sell half your HUMA.
I let my general disdain for Tuberville prohibit me from getting into this.
cjo03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

agdaddy04 said:

On morning of earnings I put in a sell order for all my shares at $95. Tempted to just leave that there, but curious about your thoughts.
at 8:39 yesterday, someone bought 832 contracts of TTD 90c for this week at .15.

haven't seen Prog around this morning... could it be?
Heineken-Ashi
LMCane said:

what are you suggesting as the best investment then as I agree completely with your hypothesis.

I am increasing my GLD, miners and diversifying from sector ETF to individual stocks such as NVDIA, META, Eli Lilly, supermicro, Alphabet, Microsoft

adding to XLU to play the increased demand for utility (electricity)

are you saying that if I buy a 5 year Treasury today- the rate of return will be dropping even though it was locked in at a certain rate?

No, but the potential for the price of the treasury to drop significantly is what I'm worried about. Hold to expiration and you're fine. But in an inflationary environment, should you need the liquidity, you'd be a threat of significant loss.

It's probably more of a warning to large treasury holders. Anyone with declining revenue who will need access to liquidity might find their market to market value on longer term treasuries at a severe discount.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
South Platte
bhanacik said:

went ahead and sold half of SLV sept calls for a good profit. hoping we get a bit of retrace to push out the expiration on those.

I've never even considered owning shares of a silver ETF. I'm on round 2 of SLV and up 8.5% after cashing out previously at + 7.5%. SZSMF has been a great stock for me but much riskier.
Heineken-Ashi
South Platte said:

bhanacik said:

I've never even considered owning shares of a silver ETF. I'm on round 2 of SLV and up 8.5% after cashing out previously at + 7.5%. SZSMF has been a great stock for me but much riskier.

Check out AGQ. When silver goes up, AGQ really goes up. But it's leveraged, and I only hold it in short durations.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
AgEng06
AG
cjo03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

agdaddy04 said:

If that was Prog, I think we'd know it due to a steady stream of certain gifs...
El_duderino
POWL going for another dip below $160 before bouncing up again?
Heineken-Ashi
IREN

Good earnings with increasing hash rate that would compete with RIOT. Buuutt..they announced a $500M mixed securities shelf registration. Dropped on news last night but up today.

Looking at the chart, I'm still not sold BTC is ready to rocket. Not saying it wont, but not sold yet. These miner charts still would look better with one more dip.

If you buy IREN, stop should be $4.15.

Chef Elko
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

South Platte said:

bhanacik said:

Check out AGQ. When silver goes up, AGQ really goes up. But it's leveraged, and I only hold it in short durations.
Any GLD/SLV type investments that don't send out K-1s?
Heineken-Ashi
Chef Elko said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

South Platte said:

bhanacik said:

Any GLD/SLV type investments that don't send out K-1s?
GDX for gold miners and GDXJ for junior miners. No K-1's

Brewmaster
AG
flashplayer said:

may have a date with 52 wk high soon, 102's. Then on to 120.

targets and gaps...

South Platte
Heineken-Ashi said:

South Platte said:

bhanacik said:

My time jerking around with leverage is over. I've lost on nearly every play.

Current silver price is almost $30/oz. There are articles discussing silver running toward $50 in 2024. I feel like I should buy more silver. Or just start digging around SW Colorado.
Chef Elko
AG
Been playing GDX, will continue. Thanks!
McInnis 03
AG
Let's fill yesterdays gap today SPY.
El_duderino
There's several gaps to fill below from the past couple weeks
Brewmaster
AG
safer than leveraged and nearly impressive gains are the small miners, look at FSM. Might wait for a pullback to enter, but can really rip as silver takes off.
aggies4life
AG
BABX anyone??
EnronAg
AG
many of those gaps from weeks/months back ain't gettin' filled until '25, boys! don't short this stupid runaway train yet...
McInnis 03
AG
Indicates the strength of this rally.
Heineken-Ashi
South Platte said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

South Platte said:

bhanacik said:

My time jerking around with leverage is over. I've lost on nearly every play.

Current silver price is almost $30/oz. There are articles discussing silver running toward $50 in 2024. I feel like I should buy more silver. Or just start digging around SW Colorado.

You can set stops on shares of leveraged ETF's the same as normal stocks. So you can limit your risk. Look, I'm not fan of LETF's, but I'm very bullish metals, and when the setup is there, taking 25% of what you would invest in SLV and playing short term swings up in AGQ could be very profitable. But you do what is best for you and what makes the most sense for your risk management profile.

El_duderino
low volume and **** economic data every time you turn around
McInnis 03
AG
When you were at Enron, you didn't work anywhere near Larry Izzo did you?
Number Monkey
AG
I'm interested in AGQ, but I've never done a LETF. When you say a short-term play, are you saying don't leave your money in it longer than a week, a month? Once you make 10%, you get out and then maybe get back in? Just not familiar with the strategy on a LETF and Schwab puts all these disclaimers on them that make me hesitant...
EnronAg
AG
No, I was in the very unsexy industrial markets (EIM) and global markets (EGM) groups...we were the red-headed stepchild of Enron...
ProgN
cjo03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

agdaddy04 said:

I wish. I've just been busy dealing with multiplying problems at the project site. I deal with one, 3 more pop up. It's like when Spike in the move 'Gremlins' jumped into the pool, mass chaos. Old Ags will get the reference. I swear we built on an Indian burial ground and he's f'ing mad as hell.
ProgN
AgEng06 said:

cjo03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

agdaddy04 said:

If that was Prog, I think we'd know it due to a steady stream of certain gifs...
Dan Scott
AG
What the hell is FFIE is why is up from .04 to $2 in a week?
flashplayer
AG
Dan Scott said:

What the hell is FFIE is why is up from .04 to $2 in a week?

Meme stock it looks like. Don't jump in in this one unless you're ready to be burned badly.

LSDI is another one that jumped today 12 weeks after announcing a reverse split.

Both have been halted multiple times today.
https://www.nasdaqtrader.com/trader.aspx?id=TradeHalts
First Page Last Page
Page 6447 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.