Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,978,968 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Bocephus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So when it comes to 401k rollovers, those aren't necessary or beneficial in any way, correct?

I'm thinking I just leave my current one with my current employer.

The issue with leaving your current 491K in place is that the fees will eat away at it
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Hypnoklown1986
lol $AMC - rode the wave up and caught it on the way down. $4P's are printing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh, interesting. Didn't consider that. So rolling over to an IRA avoids those fees going forward?
Heineken-Ashi
I would absolutely roll it in to an IRA. Reason number 1 is that you can set up a new IRA with your preferred broker and open up your trading possibilities rather than stay linked to limited funds.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sounds like I'll be moving it to Schwab then. Thanks.
Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just do me one favor - Stay away from the leveraged ETF's with your retirement.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You'll be happy to know I've mostly exited them on my Brokerage account as well. I'm gonna be limiting it to my Roth account going forward (for the tax implications), and it's a much smaller account.
Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner said:

You'll be happy to know I've mostly exited them on my Brokerage account as well. I'm gonna be limiting it to my Roth account going forward (for the tax implications), and it's a much smaller account.

Heineken-Ashi
GME - $50 area will be the next test. If it can't break through, that might be the area to kick off the next drop to new lows.

You think the shorts and institutional guys weren't prepared this time? Did you ever think of the possibility that they might have their hand in this one?

BE VERY CAREFUL from this point forward.

EnronAg
AG
maybe the occasional TNA in small doses could be given an exception...uh, scratch the "in small doses"
sts7049
AG
spud1910
AG
Sorry to hear.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Fortunately/Unfortunately if it goes to $90 I'll be able to buy our recruits a lot of McDoubles… I would take 90 in 20 years. Right at my retirement age
HoustonAg2014
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

I would absolutely roll it in to an IRA. Reason number 1 is that you can set up a new IRA with your preferred broker and open up your trading possibilities rather than stay linked to limited funds.

I mirror that. I rolled everything when I left my last 2 companies. Give you the ability to trade and pick your own stocks vs whatever 2099 fund they have picked for most people.
South Platte
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So when it comes to 401k rollovers, those aren't necessary or beneficial in any way, correct?

If you are happy with your current options, then no need to rollover.

I have one with Fidelity that is 12 years out from that employed and I pay a few bucks a year in record keeping and admin fees.

Rolling over would probably give me more options, but the options are decent.
LMCane
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I HATE the Schwab interface for my current 401K

Fidelity is one thousand times more user friendly.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I've rolled over 401ks to trad iras but i believe there is one decent reason to keep that money in a 401k and/or roll it over into a new company's 401k. I forget the details but it was like if you are still employed by a company with a 401k plan when you hit 55 you can start withdrawing penalty free before retirement... I'm talking out my ass a little but but it's something like that, worth looking into
Also if you have a certain amount of money in a 401k some providers will let (haha) you keep it there without additional fees/penalty. I think the amount was like 100k with t rowe.

Edit: the advantage is delayed rmds past age 73 as long as you are still employed by the company hosting the 401k. If that turns out to be my scenario please shoot me
bigtoneag
AG
sts7049 said:

Good news on the way for WWR...just gotta hold out until 2026.

https://www.reuters.com/world/what-are-bidens-new-tariffs-china-goods-2024-05-14/

* Natural graphite and permanent magnets for EV batteries: Tariffs will increase from 0% to 25% in 2026; tariffs for certain other critical minerals will also increase from 0% to 25% in 2024.
South Platte
LMCane said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Schwab isn't as good as Fidelity, but my Merrill Lynch interface through Bank of America is a joke. It's got to be even worse than Treasury Direct.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
LMCane said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

My 401k is currently with Fidelity though.

Although...can I rollover to an IRA and leave it in Fidelity? Hadn't even thought of that.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Although...can I rollover to an IRA and leave it in Fidelity? Hadn't even thought of that.

Yes definitely
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Got it. Sounds like this is simplest.
EliteZags
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Oh, interesting. Didn't consider that. So rolling over to an IRA avoids those fees going forward?
one issue with rolling over to consider is that it would inhibit your Backdoor Roth IRA capability moving forwards (assuming you didn't already have funds in Traditional IRA)

Webull currently has a 3.5% IRA transfer promo also
sts7049
AG
why is this likely to make any difference? there has supposedly been plenty of good news and tailwinds yet this company is still trash
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If you're talking about after-tax Roth contributions ("mega backdoor") to my 401k, I'm pretty much writing that off as an option going forward with my new employer.

Though that means I'll need both an IRA AND Roth IRA accounts on Fidelity for my rollover.

But as for Traditional IRA, I don't have one currently.

Will look into Webull...
EnronAg
AG
dang, step away for an hour and retail/Redditers go and start short squeezing SPY
EliteZags
AG
Backdoor Roth as in being able to contribute to regular Roth IRA above income limits
(and being inhibited due to Pro Rata Rule)

Not sure if promo only shows to current account holders
https://a.webull.com/Tfj2nG9ORrzuKDlVFE

El Chupacabra
Brian Earl Spilner said:

When I got laid off I moved my 401k from Vanguard to Schwab (where I currently had an IRA that had come over from Scottrade->TDA->Schwab). If I had kept in the plan 401k I was limited to the mutual fund selections within the plan. In a brokerage account I can day trade 0DTE options and meme stonks.
flashplayer
AG
Edit - nm

My mistake
El_duderino
That's just the usual high ask price after close. Bid/Ask is 154/170 and closed at $159 as far as I can tell. Did I miss something?
flashplayer
AG
Maybe it was an ask at 169 and change but it was appearing like a buy where I was looking and same place now shows 159.00
ProgN
Anyone in here on Reddit? (I am not)

Anyone on here follow WSB on Twitter? (I've been perma'd 5 times on Twitter so, I am not)

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
bhanacik said:

FTAG 2000 said:

SAVA with a run of Form 4s after the market closed - all insider buys.
I could be wrong, but it looks to me that those were just stock options granted to execs. Probably a part of their recent quarterly earnings. Might mean something, might not

Up 13% today
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ProgN said:

Anyone in here on Reddit? (I am not)

Anyone on here follow WSB on Twitter? (I've been perma'd 5 times on Twitter so, I am not)

What the hell do you post on Twitter?
flashplayer
AG
Just googled his tweets and it looks like he has been talking sh** all day long trying to rally a bear kill party. Retweeting everything from Roaring Kitty
First Page Last Page
Page 6442 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.