Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,986,636 Views | 231572 Replies | Last: 24 min ago by El_duderino
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I got an email from fidelity that my sava warrants were about to expire, called them up and exercised, after confirming with the guy that i understood that i was actually throwing money away by exercising rather than selling the warrants and buying the shares. I told him i didn't want to potentially sell my warrants to a short who would use them to cover.
While i had him on the line i asked him what the story was with my sberbank shares, which he confirmed that they were still tied up due to sanctions, which i figured was the case.
Sometimes you gotta rizz 'em with a little 'tism, amiright?
EliteZags
AG
minor dampening of this month I happened to well time transferring a ~$40K HSA from Optum to Fidelity to eliminate maintenance fees
to my favor Optum uses antiquated transfer process, initiated end of march, funds sold Apr 8, mailed by check (lol), then finally hit Fidelity today, which I dumped a third of back into VOO as soon as it dipped back red mid day, then threw in 15 shares SMH
thinking another red day I'll end up fully back in, at least within the next week before major earnings
AgEng06
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Sometimes you gotta rizz 'em with a little 'tism, amiright?

Is that you, Theo?
texagbeliever
So netflix beat earnings 5.28 vs 4.58.
Netflix beat on subscriptions 9.3MM vs 4.8MM added.
Netflix lowered Q2 revenue forecast from 9.51 to 9.49

And netlix is down 3.5%. (Obviously see how this plays out at actual open tomorrow morning).

Does that mean the market is expecting companies value priced into the stock value with the expectation that they not only kill it in Q1 but that the future is also improved too? If so I may be more bearish about the big guys earnings next week.
HoustonAg2014
AG
They beat by double on subs?!?

I know I mentioned them cutting people off of accounts they aren't paying for but DAMN. That means a ton of people decided to finally pay instead of giving up Netflix all together. I expected a lot would but that's better than expected.
McInnis 03
AG
No nuggies for us.
McInnis 03
AG
Btw, I turned on the Trade Ideas scanner after close for giggles.....

China plays some CRAZY pump and dump games after close apparently

See OST, WGLS, TC, and ZCMD
BaylorSpineGuy
NFLX announced they will no longer publish sub numbers. Curious that I said yesterday I cut my sub 3 mos ago.

They beat on top and bottom lines and are down 23 pts currently.

Also, Prog, appreciate your insight from before. As for ROKU, looks like it put in a red dog reversal today. If no follow through tomorrow, I'm gonna cut it.
Chef Elko
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I'm getting lured into this lol. Is this like the scanner I believe TD Ameritrade had where a guy would report news real time? But with this it's using AI to scan for high volume?
trip98
AG
texagbeliever said:

And netlix is down 3.5%. (Obviously see how this plays out at actual open tomorrow morning).

Does that mean the market is expecting companies value priced into the stock value with the expectation that they not only kill it in Q1 but that the future is also improved too? If so I may be more bearish about the big guys earnings next week.
I think the big thing here is they forecast revenues down

if your subs damn near doubled...how are you forecasting revenue down?

I know my wife subscribes to netflix (and everything else looking at her bank account) so I'm not familiar with the tiers. She said it's something like $12-$15/month. Is there a $5 tier?

that's only thing I can think of is subs are up but for much lower revenue option.
ProgN
trip98 said:

texagbeliever said:

I know my wife subscribes to netflix (and everything else looking at her bank account) so I'm not familiar with the tiers. She said it's something like $12-$15/month. Is there a $5 tier?

that's only thing I can think of is subs are up but for much lower revenue option.
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/24926
Quote:

Standard with ads

Ad-supported, all but a few movies and TV shows available, unlimited mobile games

Watch on 2 supported devices at a time

Watch in Full HD

Download on 2 supported devices at a time

Standard

Unlimited ad-free movies, TV shows, and mobile games

Watch on 2 supported devices at a time

Watch in Full HD

Download on 2 supported devices at a time

Option to add 1 extra member who doesn't live with you

Premium

Unlimited ad-free movies, TV shows, and mobile games

Watch on 4 supported devices at a time

Watch in Ultra HD

Download on 6 supported devices at a time

Option to add up to 2 extra members who don't live with you

Netflix spatial audio
Quote:

Pricing (US Dollar)
Standard with ads*: $6.99 / month

Standard: $15.49 / month (extra member slots** can be added for $7.99 each / month)

Premium: $22.99 / month (extra member slots** can be added for $7.99 each / month)
McInnis 03
AG
Chef Elko said:

McInnis 03 said:

I'm getting lured into this lol. Is this like the scanner I believe TD Ameritrade had where a guy would report news real time? But with this it's using AI to scan for high volume?

So what you heard back then was the Benzinga live news feed. Them and tradexchange have a great offering there.

This is different.

Here is an example I just took from postmarket.

It's not exactly how I see it in the morning but the concept is the same. Movers are read aloud. In the morning you'll hear the same symbol over and over and that's the queue to get on it fast

https://streamable.com/z3kssz
McInnis 03
AG
And full disclosure, I was in a trade yesterday and today. Each less than 10 min

AgCPA95
AG
trip98 said:

texagbeliever said:

That beat on subscribers was actual additions versus expectations. They have 270 million worldwide subscribers
ProgN
Holy ***** I traded SPY puts this week (daily) and closed them out at the close for a nice profit as not to take a chance on NFLX crushing their ER.

Look at SPY currently and the futures right now.

ETA:

DAMMIT! I can't complain about profit, but can a brother get lucky one time? I was loaded in SPY puts.
Heineken-Ashi
RTY hit the ending diagonal reversal target. As long as the market doesn't reverse overnight, we should see IWM between $187 and $190 tomorrow.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
McInnis 03
AG
I hope Israel shorted ES before giving the order
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Everything on sale tomorrow.
ravingfans
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

ProgN said:

Hey gang, those here that follow biotechs (I really don't) what do you know about:

$HUMA

The reason I'm curious is because Sen. Tommy Tuberville bought a lot of it 3/21. For those that don't follow Congress critters, Tuberville is up there with Pelosi as buying stocks before they go a lot higher.

HUMA is only $3.24/shr

I'm tempted to buy a little but would like to know more about them. TIA to anyone that's familiar with them.
I'd focus on defense names. Lots of critters buying MIC names.

MIC = Military Industrial Complex, correct?
Heineken-Ashi
ravingfans said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

ProgN said:

Hey gang, those here that follow biotechs (I really don't) what do you know about:

$HUMA

The reason I'm curious is because Sen. Tommy Tuberville bought a lot of it 3/21. For those that don't follow Congress critters, Tuberville is up there with Pelosi as buying stocks before they go a lot higher.

HUMA is only $3.24/shr

I'm tempted to buy a little but would like to know more about them. TIA to anyone that's familiar with them.
I'd focus on defense names. Lots of critters buying MIC names.

MIC = Military Industrial Complex, correct?
Yes

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Heineken-Ashi
Everyone, while there might be a bounce in the coming days or weeks, the likelihood that the market has topped in a very longt-erm structure is gaining strength. I hope you have listened to myself, Prog, and many others who have continually warned that the market was likely to selloff. Many of you are probably viewing this as a wait for bottom and buy the dip opportunity. I can't say for certain you won't have rewards doing that. But evidence is starting to point to a larger drawdown, and potentially a long term bear market. Cash is a position, even in a 401k account. There can be individual stocks and individual sectors that perform well going forward, but risk management should be key at all times going forward. Do what you think is best. Nothing is a certainty. Please be safe with your hard earned money and do what you think is best. For those wondering, I've been 50% in bond holdings and 50% cash in my 401k, and completely out of equities in my IRA and trading accounts aside from metals, some strategic oil plays, and some short term equity pays with clearly defined stops. I am not in any S&P sectors or any equity indexes. The bond market selling off has worried me as its been testing some significant supports. While I still think bonds are going to bottom and head up soon, I will quickly move out of them if they break support.

Chef Elko
AG
Well boys, all our lottos are effed.
McInnis 03
AG
Chef Elko said:

Well boys, all our lottos are effed.

I spent $15 to make sure my OA1 friends jun 466p SPY holdings went ballistic
Chef Elko
AG
Wtf, Robinhood has 24 hour trading but the one time I want to use it it's down. Go figure, serves me right using those thieves. Not my only brokerage so don't give me **** haha
Chef Elko
AG
Looks like I need to pay for a month and check it out! You're a hero and they will never forget you!
McInnis 03
AG
Chef Elko said:

Wtf, Robinhood has 24 hour trading but the one time I want to use it it's down. Go figure, serves me right using those thieves. Not my only brokerage so don't give me **** haha

Chef Elko
AG
They have to protect their buddies!

I canceled and resubmitted, said it was still outstanding and 24 hr trading closed, then check back and I had the shares.

$10K VOO - LEEEEEROY JENKINS!!!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Futures shaking off the false reports.
ProgN
We're going green
Spoony Love
AG
Yes, initially, but we go red to finally fil this gap. Overnight doesn't count.

SPY has a destiny to at least see the 21 SMA cross the 50 on a daily chart. It's getting close.
McInnis 03
AG
Fridays limited news rreleases = no 7am play today. Bummer

Btw, watch DJT today, it has that meme feel to it in premkt
Chef Elko
AG
Let the covering begin!
SAag1113
AG
Exactly what I was thinking, should be an interesting watch. Short Sellers hate for Trump is going to cost them a lot of money.
First Page Last Page
Page 6405 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.