Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,991,696 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by EliteZags
gggmann
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TSMC earnings tomorrow before open. Any speculation on them beating? ASML down 7% this morning on poor earnings.
Chef Elko
AG
So we can expect them to go under if we don't just vote for dilution?
Heineken-Ashi
gggmann said:

TSMC earnings tomorrow before open. Any speculation on them beating? ASML down 7% this morning on poor earnings.
Not sure if they will beat. But I'd be surprised if the stock makes new highs.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Heineken-Ashi
Chef Elko said:

So we can expect them to go under if we don't just vote for dilution?
I'm not sure. But shares have been rising since 2020 almost complete inverse of the price chart. I'm not sure if these would hit all at once or be spread out over another 5 years.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Talon2DSO
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Everyone vote on WWR issuing new shares?

They want either 100M or 200M. Current outstanding looks to be $57M.

I voted no. We're diluted enough
Diggity
AG
dumb question that I'm sure has been answered.

how does WWR continue to trade on the NYSE at under a buck? I thought they would risk delisting
Chef Elko
AG
I'm sure we can get someone here on the board. We have to have an oil and gas guy familiar with raising capital as a microcap with little cash flow looking to develop assets.
HoustonAg2014
AG
I don't understand how every graphite company in North America seems to have a financial partner or has a government grant, and yet WWR can't secure either... OldArmy needs to get on the board and use whatever government contacts he has to secure a grant. It's baffling to me that they haven't secured one. Government is giving away $100-$250M grants like candy to other companies. That would literally get them to completion without further dilution.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Not to get too far outside the thread boundaries, but I have to assume it's political. The mine is in a red state and I would imagine WWR's diversity isn't diverse enough to meet government funding requirements.

I could also be completely wrong and even the government knows it would be a bad investment.
confucius_ag
AG
Hold on to your butts. 500 SPY inbound.
Talon2DSO
AG
confucius_ag said:

Hold on to your butts. 500 SPY inbound.

Bring it. I've been feathering puts all week that expire on Friday
Chef Elko
AG
You have to look at the location of others. IIRC companies in Chicago and upsate New York received funding while WWR sitting at $0 is in Alabama... You can make the connection. Also, a lot of these synthetic graphite companies and other battery materials companies have a bunch of ex-Tesla higher ups. My guess is they know how to play the game, know how to work in line with government entities from their days at Tesla and are what the fed govt wants to market to the public.

I haven't looked at the list in a while but there was/is a push for synthetic graphite, whether this results in lower $/ton graphite costs than graphite from WWR's Coosa mine, I'm not sure. This is something I want to look into at some point. Capex is massive for a synthetic company and to develop a mine, but outside of initial capital outlay, WWR has to be able to produce at a lower operating cost and they have their own refining capacity, pushing unit costs even lower.

I listened to a Bloomberg Odd Lots podcast a few months back and posted it here. Everyone should listen to it since they interview a CEO at a synthetic graphite company for 45 mins.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-02-20/these-are-the-challenges-of-building-a-us-battery-industry?sref=HuYPILpU

Synthetic Graphite Company
https://www.novonixgroup.com/

Spoony Love
AG
Intraday action: 21 SMA has crossed the 50 on the 5 min, 10, and 30 min timeline. About to cross on the 15 min chart. Daily SMAs are continuing a down turn. This would typically indicate a further down move.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nibbled some TQQQ at $54.50.

Last had it on Feb 22 when I sold at $60.22.
Heineken-Ashi
Diggity said:

how does WWR continue to trade on the NYSE at under a buck? I thought they would risk delisting
I really don't have an answer

Nagler
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Diggity said:

I really don't have an answer

Maybe they feel sorry for TexAgs?
HoustonAg2014
AG
Thanks for sharing and I have no doubt that politics play an important role in not getting funding… It's just crazy to me that they want to push EV down our throat but then when you have a massive critical mineral development in the US that happens to be in a red state (their headquarters is in Colorado I believe) they don't want to help develop it.
Heineken-Ashi
NBR has broken down a bit. It it cant' hold the January low around $70, I see potential for one more low between $57 and $64. Still bullish through next year. But I'm out for now and will wait for next support for new R/R opportunity.

TheVarian
AG
All about power and perception I imagine too. Doesn't help the current government to help red states at the moment and the past few years.
EnronAg
AG
how quickly does SPY fill that 2/21 gap around $497 that's destined to fill this week...
Heineken-Ashi
We have hit the upper end of my target box for bottom of BTC. Looks like halving is still a day or two away.

Target range was 48k to 59k and we hit 59k.

My main recommendation is to buy BTC. But if you don't want to and just want to trade the ETF's, know that they generally track at par minus management fees. Do your due diligence. Leveraged ETF's can seem enticing but usually include futures rolls and can have decay that underperforms actual BTC. The only ETF I am considering is GBTC. Make sure the fund you pick actually invests in BTC directly.

I would avoid ones like BITO (even if they perform well) because of things like this..

Quote:

BITO provides exposure to bitcoin returns in an ETF wrapper. The fund does not invest directly in bitcoin. The fund will invest in cash settled, front-month bitcoin futures, traded on commodity exchanges registered with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), such as the CME Futures Exchange. The value of bitcoin futures is determined by the CME Group and Crypto Facilities Bitcoin Reference Rate (CME CF BRR), which aggregates bitcoin trading activity across major global bitcoin spot trading venues during a one-hour window. The one-hour window is divided equally into twelve 5-minute segments. Each segment has a volume-weighted median (VWM). The BRR value is expressed as the arithmetic mean of the 12 VWMs. Prices are usually determined at 4:00 p.m. (London Time). The fund itself gains exposure through a wholly owned Cayman Island subsidiary.

If $59k was the bottom, upper target is $120k. If we get down to the $48k zone, $100k remains the upper target.

Below $59k next support is $57k.

trip98
AG
ASO somewhat ending and lessons learned.
Don't post on here a lot but do follow regularly. Not a trader like some of you all are just b/c not much time too give i the attention it needs AND wife went back to school so cash flow was diverted.
Anyways, you all might recall my posts time to time regarding ASO. Used what I learned here as I worked on this part of my holdings. Here's how I've handled it and what I learned
Bought back in January '21 at $21.75 and since then sold CC's on it. Something I had never done till I learned about them here. Always sold not long after earnings and sold OTM with expiry before next earnings. Sometimes bought back to lock in profit. Lowered TCO to $18.20 for a 16% return.
A while ago it ran up to $70 and then slid back. I had TOLD myself I'd sell if it got to $60 but I did NOT enter the stop to trigger automatically. It fell past $60 quickly and I decided to hold and wait. But I also told myself I wouldn't let that happen again.
Recently it runs up to $75. I wait out earnings to sell CC but they disappoint and stock drops. I'm patient but still have the $60 figure in my mind.
Now it's hit $60 and lower. It's more than a home run trade so I only sell 3/4 of my position and have the 1/4 net free just in case it ever runs higher I can juice some more out of it. I don't need the cash now and what I've sold is obviously a solid return in 3 years.

I'm very happy with the "trade" and will look for the next opportunity (likely not soon as I'm very nervous where this market goes the next 6 months)

Key learnings....use CC to lower basis...SET STOPS.....and while I didn't time the top I also didn't let a winner become a loser.

what I could have done better....when it ran up to those highs I could have utilized puts to protect my investment and likely give some premium. Maybe next time
Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi said:

trip98 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

ASO - We probably don't get much lower today. Likely a bounce to $68 creating a H&S. If so, I want one more drop from there to $51-$57 range. My upper target is $89 ultimately, but a lot can break down that would cancel that. Just going to watch and see how it starts to play out.
don't be putting any bad juju on my beloved ASO!!! Here's to no drops below $60 and hitting your target of $89 soon (I'd be crazy happy with $80!!)
Hey now, me telling you where the next buying opportunity might be with a critical stop level below is good juju.
Trip, this is not an I told you so. Just a reminder of what I was tracking. Need to hold above $50 for re-entry. Even then, we want to see that V shape off a low. If we got chop upward, avoid.

Spoony Love
AG
If SPY doesn't bounce soon, we're filling a gap below to $497-ish
ProgN

Come sit right here POWL
Spoony Love
AG
That's good stuff man!
ProgN
Spoony Love said:

That's good stuff man!
Bulls fighting hard to defend SPX 5000, I hope the bears rip their throats out.
Heineken-Ashi
AMD - Full avoid for me right now. Most bullish case is broken and a lot of room below. AMAT is also breaking down. Chip stocks need to find support and they need to be impulsive off of it. Or else we could be seeing the AI correction starting.

Heineken-Ashi
Oil is pulling back. If it continues lower, keep your eye on all the names you want to own while watching Crude. Remember last week how I posted about the crude sell signal I got. A pullback was what I had been wanting to provide better entry opportunities. My list I put out has a "buy under" level and most stops were 20-30% lower. There's a big range between "I don't want to miss out", which was buying last week, and "I want the lowest possible basis" which might end up with you not getting a position. The smart move is somewhere in the middle while minding an appropriate stop (a stop too high is unproductive, don't get too cute).

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Heineken, any thoughts on IWM? Do you see it going all the way back to November levels? Seems to me like if it breaks 190 is where all hell will break loose.

Looking like 32 should be my hard stop for TNA based off that.
I bleed maroon
AG
trip98 said:

ASO somewhat ending and lessons learned.
Don't post on here a lot but do follow regularly. Not a trader like some of you all are just b/c not much time too give i the attention it needs AND wife went back to school so cash flow was diverted.
Anyways, you all might recall my posts time to time regarding ASO. Used what I learned here as I worked on this part of my holdings. Here's how I've handled it and what I learned
Bought back in January '21 at $21.75 and since then sold CC's on it. Something I had never done till I learned about them here. Always sold not long after earnings and sold OTM with expiry before next earnings. Sometimes bought back to lock in profit. Lowered TCO to $18.20 for a 16% return.
A while ago it ran up to $70 and then slid back. I had TOLD myself I'd sell if it got to $60 but I did NOT enter the stop to trigger automatically. It fell past $60 quickly and I decided to hold and wait. But I also told myself I wouldn't let that happen again.
Recently it runs up to $75. I wait out earnings to sell CC but they disappoint and stock drops. I'm patient but still have the $60 figure in my mind.
Now it's hit $60 and lower. It's more than a home run trade so I only sell 3/4 of my position and have the 1/4 net free just in case it ever runs higher I can juice some more out of it. I don't need the cash now and what I've sold is obviously a solid return in 3 years.

I'm very happy with the "trade" and will look for the next opportunity (likely not soon as I'm very nervous where this market goes the next 6 months)

Key learnings....use CC to lower basis...SET STOPS.....and while I didn't time the top I also didn't let a winner become a loser.

what I could have done better....when it ran up to those highs I could have utilized puts to protect my investment and likely give some premium. Maybe next time

Good job!

I bought 500 shares the day of their IPO for $16/share. Sold 200 shares via covered calls at $25, 200 more via $35 covered calls, and am holding the last 100 shares for now. Instead of another round of covered calls, I bought a strangle ($65 calls and $40 puts) a few months back, and sold enough of the calls to breakeven on the trade, while the remnants should expire worthless on Friday. Guess I'll hold the last 100 shares while I figure out the next steps. If my math is right, all told it amounts to about a 120% gain over less than 18 months - I'll take it.
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

hard for TNA.
FIFY

Spoony Love
AG
Bulls trying to catch the bears out for lunch?
trip98
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

trip98 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

ASO - We probably don't get much lower today. Likely a bounce to $68 creating a H&S. If so, I want one more drop from there to $51-$57 range. My upper target is $89 ultimately, but a lot can break down that would cancel that. Just going to watch and see how it starts to play out.
don't be putting any bad juju on my beloved ASO!!! Here's to no drops below $60 and hitting your target of $89 soon (I'd be crazy happy with $80!!)
Hey now, me telling you where the next buying opportunity might be with a critical stop level below is good juju.
Trip, this is not an I told you so. Just a reminder of what I was tracking. Need to hold above $50 for re-entry. Even then, we want to see that V shape off a low. If we got chop upward, avoid.
Yep, I do remember this. And was something I was watcing and took into consideration.
It's part of the reason I had my stop at $60. I kicked myself for not having that stop in place and getting out at that level. And then buying it back when it dropped to $48-$50. I could then hit it again now at $60 for even more return.
I think those posts were before earnings but can't remember. It's been bouncing around, missed earnings which they've done a few times over the last several quarters, and the uncertainty in the economy with inflation and the middle east I decided to exit but still leave some net free runners.

Like you, going to watch for re-entry as I still believe in ASO and them growing stores and online should be great long term. I think there will be a lot of chop for a while and pressure from macro especially if inflation doesn't cool and feds raise rates again. Eventually the consumer is going to cut back on spending at stores. Already seeing it in cars.
Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Heineken, any thoughts on IWM? Do you see it going all the way back to November levels? Seems to me like if it breaks 190 is where all hell will break loose.

Looking like 32 should be my hard stop for TNA based off that.
IWM has been in a correction for multiple years. What everyone saw as rotation into small caps was actually the last leg of an upward move before moving to new lows. Within that last leg, it started impulsively but broke down much deeper in January than would be expected from a strong impulse. Off that low, it recently completed an ending diagonal.

Here's the thing with ED's. They are 5-wave structures that are very overlapping and choppy. This is because while the market is still bullish, it can be considered to have gone "too far too fast" which is why it broke down as deep as it did and began an ED. The ED itself is bulls repeatedly failing to push significantly higher in the previous impulsive manner. It starts to channel more diagonally sideways. And the biggest thing about ED's is that, due to the fact that bulls can't push very far, they almost always retrace back to their origin. And in the vast majority of cases, they do so in half the time that they took to complete the ED.

This chart below shows the blue lines as beginning and end of the ED with the far right blue line being 2x the time the ED took. The yellow lines show the 1/2 time, and what that 1/2 would project to from the end. $189 is the target and early May is the target date. And it is tracking quite well. I've been in on puts for two weeks, have closed out some, and am still printing bills in the others. I didn't advise these because they were part of a trading group I belong to and I do not share paid for ideas. What's hard to judge is the exact shape its taking down. My chart is just a guess. But the likelihood of the $189-$190 bottom is very very high.

There will be some sort of rally off that bottom. But it isn't likely to last too long (maybe a couple weeks to a couple months) and it will be nothing more than a retracement into a resistance zone, likely around $200. After that, the big down wave commences toward the completion of this multi-year correction and the target range is $125-$140.

First Page Last Page
Page 6401 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.