Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,988,447 Views | 231573 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Swollen Thumb
Spoony Love
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't disagree, but what's the context?
ETX_Ag_22_24
AG
Still thinking BTC 59K or potentially lower now?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Spoony Love said:

She was on CNBC just railing against Banks needing to be bailed out, Basel III end game, how much the US is against Trump and Right Wingers and the democrats are the best at bi-partisanship. She was just on a soapbox.
Spoony Love
AG
Does Powell talk today?
ProgN
Spoony Love said:

Does Powell talk today?

Yes and 2 others iirc
bmoochie
AG
In 1 hour
Heineken-Ashi
ETX_Ag_22_24 said:

Still thinking BTC 59K or potentially lower now?
I was really hoping for $48k. But with halving fast approaching, we might only get 59k. If it doesn't go any lower than that, my bull case shifts from $100k to between $120k and $150k.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
ProgN
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Spoony Love said:

She was on CNBC just railing against Banks needing to be bailed out, Basel III end game, how much the US is against Trump and Right Wingers and the democrats are the best at bi-partisanship. She was just on a soapbox.
Spoony Love
AG
bmoochie said:

In 1 hour
That's what I figured. Several SPY intraday SMAs are converging at what looks like the noon timeframe. The 5 min, 10, min and 15 min are setting up for the convo.

But if you zoom out to the daily SMA (21, 50, 100), they are all starting a down turn. Should indicate a downward move from normal trading but we will see what Fed says.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Man i took basically 3 weeks off trading and I'm completely lost trying to catch up. Not low enough to start pushing chips back in but some solid resetting going on, seems like we're in no man's land technically, recent gap above to 509ish and older one below to 497. Feel like a strangle for both may be a good play? Or hold tight and wait for one to fill
bmoochie
AG
Spoony Love said:

bmoochie said:

In 1 hour
That's what I figured. Several SPY intraday SMAs are converging at what looks like the noon timeframe. The 5 min, 10, min and 15 min are setting up for the convo.

But if you zoom out to the daily SMA (21, 50, 100), they are all starting a down turn. Should indicate a downward move from normal trading but we will see what Fed says.
Funny how that works out always. Looks like he isnt actually speaking till 1pm CT. Guess that means ill eat some lunch lol.

Well nevermind, speaking now.
ProgN
Big red candles, is Israel hitting Iran?

ETA: It's JPow
ProgN
confucius_ag
AG
Powell "lack of progress this year in reaching inflation goal------duh
ProgN
Yeah, just saw that but thank you.
Heineken-Ashi
Powell didn't say anything new or even interesting. His speaking has nothing to do with what the market is doing.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Spoony Love
AG
He stopped just short of saying no rate cuts for now
bmoochie
AG
Powell nothing burger. I just want to get this retrace over with. This chop sucks
ProgN
bmoochie said:

Powell nothing burger. I just want to get this retrace over with. This chop sucks
"Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, IIIIRRRRRRAAAAANNNN..."

I know my fellow olds in here has that song in their head when they read this.
Spoony Love
AG
I'm thinking SPY 502 is in play today. May take the risk on a put

Scratch that, maybe 500 is in play
confucius_ag
AG
Algos just kick into buy or what?
Heineken-Ashi
confucius_ag said:

Algos just kick into buy or what?
We're now in sell the bounce territory until it fails. Watch for VXX to put in a low and start back up for your sign. $13.50-$14.00 would be ideal.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Ugh what a terrible day to try and hop back in
ProgN
Bulls don't want the SPY anywhere near 500 because if it breaks, it could get really ugly.
Ag CPA
AG
TSLA flirting with the 52W low.
Tumble Weed
ProgN said:

bmoochie said:

I sing this song every time I buy oil stocks
ProgN
Tumble Weed said:

ProgN said:

bmoochie said:

I sing this song every time I buy oil stocks

ProgN
Ag CPA said:

TSLA flirting with the 52W low.
TSLA is going to print a $150 handle imho.
BlueTaze
If RIVN reclaims $10, would be a good fake breakdown bullish trade.
BaylorSpineGuy
Hey Prog! Always sincerely enjoy your insight on individual stocks.

Why are you so bulled up on POWL? Looks kinda like blowoff top. A stock that lived in $30 range for years and exploded last year.

Why will it continue its ascent after this pullback? Sincerely keen for your insight. Hope all is well.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Hey Prog! Always sincerely enjoy your insight on individual stocks.

Why are you so bulled up on POWL? Looks kinda like blowoff top. A stock that lived in $30 range for years and exploded last year.

Why will it continue its ascent after this pullback? Sincerely keen for your insight. Hope all is well.
I'll answer this tomorrow because I was about to go to bed.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Tumble Weed said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

H-A, thank you for that reply. I've got some homework to do now. I'm trying to get back in the old swing of things. We continue to have some medical issues but hopefully come May/June some normalcy returns. That's right around the corner! Fresh water crisis,...that one is coming. I put a request in for 4 water meters in July 2020 to a small rural water company and they were granted in August 2023. Theres a lot of backstory to that one and it's been a journey. It could happen anywhere. It you own a property with a water meter(s) dont give them up. Dont buy a property with the promise of a water meter to be installed - installation should be completed before closing the deal. Last, the crazy part,...and just because there is a meter doesn't mean there will be water. Never thought I would write those last 6 sentences in my lifetime. Thanks again!
I don't want to derail our trading thread, but what is the reason that you are relying on meters instead of drilling?

Meters vs Drilling
I grew up in McLennan County and that's the location of these meters. As a kid I knew which homesteads, or most of them, had water wells versus city water or rural water supply. Most of those water wells were pretty shallow. In the mid to late 70's those water wells would dry up in July/August. I knew that because my father had a 1,000 gallon water wagon on the farm we used to refill our spray rigs. The tank was clean inside, hauled nothing but water. Those folks would call my dad and ask him if he would bring a load of water and put it in their well. That became my job. The local cotton gin provided free water to their customers and had a larger valve & more pressure for faster filling. I'd load at the gin and haul about 3 loads of water per well and unloaded directly into the ground well. That water provided about 7 to 14 days of use for those folks.

Moving forward to today, according to the rural water company, I can't drill a well to the Trinity Sands for water. That's the main body and that body is governed by some State of Texas Agency...like...the Subdivision of Trinity Sands Aquifer, or something like that. Then, there's a larger governing body above that. They dictate how many wells can be drilled and how many water meters are associated per well. An average person couldn't afford to drill a well to reach the Trinity Sands. Now, as for drilling shallow water wells. I understand the former problem still exists today. Those wells run dry in the summer. So, long way to get to the story end I guess you can drill a shallow well, but it will run dry in the summer.

Side Note: Our homeplace sits on the edge of town and 75% of the city storm water runoff flows to the backend of our farm. I realize we are headed for a water crisis as A-H noted. So, I figured there is likely a way to make some money off this storm water issue. The city storm water runoff erodes a lot of our land. City doesn't care. USDA says it's getting to a point where the water flow (volume/speed) surpasses ag standards and they gracefully bow out after that in helping the erosion situation. So, I either sue the city and request help for land maintenance or I build a surface water lake and accept all the runoff with the intent of selling the water back to the city when they run out some day. A few years back, I posed a question on TexAgs for help identifying the State of Texas water guys that govern things like surface water and obstructing flow on a named body of water, etc. The responses told me who to contact and I did. See, where the water starts its journey from the city and hits our land "A Named Body Of Water" begins. If my manmade surface lake takes that water the State will sue me for blocking that water flow on a "Named Body". I wouldn't block it. There would be a low-water damn allowing water to flow over the dam and continue its journey toward the Gulf once it leaves our property. The water flow would likely stop anyway in June/July, like it always does, due to low rainfall or drought. (So, am I really blocking water flow?) The State boys said I'd probably spend $1.5 to $2.0 million in court securing the project and USDA said it would be about $3.0 million to make the lake I wanted (this was 6 years ago). Depending on the time length of the legal fight, which could be years, I would likely die before finishing the fight. I'm not saddling my heirs with this issue and I just backed away from that idea. IMO, I think surface water will be gold in the future, especially if you're property is located near a town/city etc. and is large enough to be a supply of some volume.
PeekingDuck
AG
Took the Sackett family 16 years to finally win their WOTUS case. Not your exact issue, but not far from it.
Bonfire.1996
Earnings check on Banks to buy after the regional bank crisis:

FHN: Reported a great quarter this morning
CFR: Reports April 25
Heineken-Ashi
Everyone vote on WWR issuing new shares?

They want either 100M or 200M. Current outstanding looks to be $57M.

First Page Last Page
Page 6400 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.