Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,986,661 Views | 231572 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by El_duderino
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

We aren't dumb though and know the industry is gonna change. We are gonna roll with it and see what the changes bring - even if that means we split the $150.00 commission with the new changes. We just want our clients to feel like they got a fair shake with someone who cares and wasn't solely in it for the commission.
And this paragraph here is why I suggested your company and why I will contact you in the future should I decide to sell. I live in central Texas though, not CS, but I don't think that'd be an issue.
bmoochie
AG
Soooooo is buying a piece of property a bad idea? Asking for a friend lol
Algorithmic Epiphany
I'd rather be buying bitcoin with it but I'm trying to buy CRE for my biz. Sigh.
Heineken-Ashi
Algorithmic Epiphany said:

I'd rather be buying bitcoin with it but I'm trying to buy CRE for my biz. Sigh.

Why you no call me?
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

Algorithmic Epiphany said:

Why you no call me?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
PPI eased. We ripping Monday.
El_duderino
You mean PCE? I didn't think ppi was for another couple weeks
GreasenUSA
AG
PCE met. Personal income down. Personal spending way up.

A little bad news hasn't stopped this market in years, though.
farmerjoe
AG
PCE revised up last month to give this month appearance of easing. Since January data has already been written off as a one off, not mattering number. Market won't care about the shell game. Higher up the cliff we go.
EnronAg
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just curious, but why are folks expecting the election to tank stocks?

Tbh I've kinda been thinking the market rips with Trump being elected.
I actually think the more likely scenario is that it tanks INTO the election and then starts a multi-year choppy bounce that would likely not get back to the high from this year. But A LOT can play out and nothing is set in stone. These types of things are like throwing jello for distance.
I love this post and I'm sorry for derailing it yesterday...love your posts, H-A...but just curious, what would be the catalyst to tank INTO the election?? other than kind of a normal pullback, I just don't see how they would allow this to happen to help or possibly aide in deciding the election...every CPI, PPI, PCE, job report, etc. will be "massaged" to prevent this...tired of hearing the term "goldilocks"...but we'll be hearing plenty of that in Sept/Oct...call me a conspiracy theorist, but I believe we all know these reports are not to be trusted...outside of any geopolitical events, I just don't see any catalyst to tank going into the election...and there is just no way economic data will be the driver.

Thanks for all the posts on this from everyone talking markets/etc and love reading everything to grow my account.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
El_duderino said:

You mean PCE? I didn't think ppi was for another couple weeks
Yes.

EnronAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

PPI eased. We ripping Monday.
I know you meant PCE, but the panel on CNBC seemed to think the numbers were a bit hot compared to whisper numbers and were trending up...meaning not easing from what they were reporting...but I still think the market will find the good in the report and continue to grind up...just don't know how it can rip on this report...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean we had PPI come in hot recently and the market still found a way to rip. There's really no telling.
El_duderino
CPI is Tuesday as well
Heineken-Ashi
EnronAg said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just curious, but why are folks expecting the election to tank stocks?

Tbh I've kinda been thinking the market rips with Trump being elected.
I actually think the more likely scenario is that it tanks INTO the election and then starts a multi-year choppy bounce that would likely not get back to the high from this year. But A LOT can play out and nothing is set in stone. These types of things are like throwing jello for distance.
I love this post and I'm sorry for derailing it yesterday...love your posts, H-A...but just curious, what would be the catalyst to tank INTO the election?? other than kind of a normal pullback, I just don't see how they would allow this to happen to help or possibly aide in deciding the election...every CPI, PPI, PCE, job report, etc. will be "massaged" to prevent this...tired of hearing the term "goldilocks"...but we'll be hearing plenty of that in Sept/Oct...call me a conspiracy theorist, but I believe we all know these reports are not to be trusted...outside of any geopolitical events, I just don't see any catalyst to tank going into the election...and there is just no way economic data will be the driver.

Thanks for all the posts on this from everyone talking markets/etc and love reading everything to grow my account.

Who is they? Nobody controls the market or keeps it afloat. There's actually starting to be evidence that smart money has already been moving out.

And I don't look for catalysts. You spend so much time trying to align your pre-conceived notions about the "irrational" market with random news events that could act as a catalyst.. you end up missing the action right in front of you. And the market continues to prove that it's not irrational, people who apply linear thinking and refuse to budge from their bias are irrational.

What I see that makes me think of a drop into the election is so many charts lining up bullish with major resistance levels approaching over the coming months. But in the end, trying to time a top, a bottom, or to correlate with an election.. it's fruitless. All we can do is look for the signs. And signs are showing we haven't had even a modest pullback in 6 months. The fractals in history that show similar do not end well ultimately. So whether it's before, after, or a year from now.. just focus on your short term approach and know what your stops are on your long term holdings. Don't leave yourself exposed to what will undoubtedly be a surprise reversal.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

The fractals in history that show similar do not end well ultimately.

How are you defining "ultimately"?
Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Some of them lead to a normal sized correction followed by a blowoff top of sorts and then a much deeper correction. Some just got straight into a very sizeable drop. Usually same year or early the following year.

ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Some of them lead to a normal sized correction followed by a blowoff top of sorts and then a much deeper correction. Some just got straight into a very sizeable drop. Usually same year or early the following year.
I agree, the signs are already presenting themselves. That's why I haven't been very active, I've stated I don't like the market right now and content just sitting still. I post stocks that I commit money to and I'm not at the moment. I'll evaluate stocks if asked, but I don't post plays in stocks that I don't have my skin in the game for others.
ravingfans
AG
ProgN said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Thanks ProgN--are you sitting in an all cash position then or are you still dabbling here and there?

I agree, the signs are already presenting themselves. That's why I haven't been very active, I've stated I don't like the market right now and content just sitting still. I post stocks that I commit money to and I'm not at the moment. I'll evaluate stocks if asked, but I don't post plays in stocks that I don't have my skin in the game for others.
Heineken-Ashi
So I've post before about the 1999/2000 fractal, thinking this past October was Oct 1999 and a top might be incoming end of Q1 just like in 2000. Hasn't happened yet. Still can of course, but who knows.

But what if last October was 1998 (even if so, 1998 had relative pullbacks through mid 1999, weve had almost NONE so far.. so this would be shaping up even more nefarious). The beginning of the dotcom (AI in this case) boom. If so, the meat of the move is done and it's mostly chop city from here. And smart money is planning how to trap you.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Premarket went off a cliff.
Heineken-Ashi
TLT might finally be heading down toward $89, though I'm not sure it gets past $90.

giddings_ag_06
AG
What do we think about UAA? Sportswear sector has a crappy forecast, but Kevin Plank is in charge again and seeing how low it's gone, I bought some. With Adidas having issues in Europe (I think that's what I read last week), I'm thinking there may be some foreign growth opportunities.
Bonfire.1996
10 year bond spiking. The worst news possible for banks looking for a mathematical lifeline to their disastrous long term investments
ProgN
Bonfire.1996 said:

10 year bond spiking. The worst news possible for banks looking for a mathematical lifeline to their disastrous long term investments

I just love it when you talk dirty.
Heineken-Ashi
giddings_ag_06 said:

What do we think about UAA? Sportswear sector has a crappy forecast, but Kevin Plank is in charge again and seeing how low it's gone, I bought some. With Adidas having issues in Europe (I think that's what I read last week), I'm thinking there may be some foreign growth opportunities.
Man it's an ugly long term chart. Got the bounce it wanted in 2020 but couldn't sustain. Sold all the way back off and to new lows. But support is still upper $5's and it never crossed below.

It needs to get above $10 in the coming months. Any further selling and it's threatening unwinding all of its action since 2009.

They have a good amount of longer term debt. But they have decent liquidity. I don't see any huge fundamental red flags other than debt to assets and debt to equity, but they aren't out of line on the surface, just a product of the current debt environment.

I'd like to say it won't see under $7 short term and can get to $14-$18 this year. But again, it's an ugly chart with no clear signs of strength. Not something I can confidently play. If I owned it already at a high basis, I'd probably just bag hold. If my basis was under $10, I might have a stop at $6.25.

Heineken-Ashi
NKLA, really want to see it hold $0.85 and then go get $1.50. Below $0.85 and I lose confidence on shorter term bullish outlook to $3.50-$4.00.

bmoochie
AG
Gross looking day setting up. Was hoping for an opening TSLA push to $180 range to enter those puts again. Sad I missed this one.

In other news, I was reading last night how there is some divergence happening and that should definitely have people on high alert. SPX at all time highs while big sector leaders are making lower highs. NVDA META AAPL ect.... Just food for thought and reiterating what some of what's been posted here already.
Heineken-Ashi
XLP (Consumer Staples ETF) - Has hit it's head on $77-$78 range 3 times (Aug 2022, Dec 2022, May 2023). Just a couple dollars away from doing it again. Will be a key level at a very significant supply zone. Another failure likely leads to selloff to $60-$65 range. Might try and front run with some puts. Will run the numbers and see if I can find the best R/R with premium paid being the risk.

Talon2DSO
AG
Anyone flowing $WING??? Their tearing it up this year
giddings_ag_06
AG
You the man (I think)
Heineken-Ashi
giddings_ag_06 said:

You the man (I think)

I'm not biologist, but I can define a woman and I am not one.

Ag CPA
AG
DJT down again YUUUUUGE.

ETA: Here is some context although none of this is really new news:
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/01/trump-media-lost-58-million-last-year-sec-filing-shows.html
Brewmaster
AG
the premium burning ****ery in this market is crazy

but AMD looks ready for 190+ soon.
Heineken-Ashi
Might be early on this, but I just bought 50 contracts of XLF Dec 2024 $31 puts for 25 cents each with min target in November of $30 and max target $23. If the contracts drop under 15 cents over the next 1-2 months I will likely double my position.

Premium paid is my stop.

First Page Last Page
Page 6381 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.