Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,402,413 Views | 229938 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by deddog
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TNA seems to have found support at 38.
Heineken-Ashi
Last post on IWM regarding potential LOD. $201.60 should be the next support. If it breaks through, we still have $201.10 to $201.20 as likely target zone.

If you are looking to go long on a lotto or a 2-3 day trade, look for it to catch support of one of those zones and set stop tightly below. I'd caution against holding options over the weekend though. We have VIX opex coming up on the same week as FED meeting. Lots can happen between now and then.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Heineken-Ashi
If we get support soon, I'll be buying IWM $202 expiring lottos looking for $204-$205 on an afternoon bounce. If we get to 2:00 and not through $203 will likely bail.

Anything below $201 and I'm not engaging.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Heineken-Ashi
In, will bail if we get a new low.

giddings_ag_06
AG
I'm tempted to buy more Fastly. Keep thinking it has to recover a little after this past month.
Brewmaster
AG
looking good - broke upward thru the downward trendline
ETX_Ag_22_24
AG
Is there a target for BLDE? Sorry if I missed it!
Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

looking good - broke upward thru the downward trendline
If we get a 5min 8/21 crossover these could be good.

Heineken-Ashi
ETX_Ag_22_24 said:

Is there a target for BLDE? Sorry if I missed it!
$4.50 to $5.00, likely a month or two, but will be able to adjust and get more precise if it really starts to move and holds the triangle low.

Brewmaster
AG
ProgN said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

confucius_ag
AG
PATH starting to come back a little.
Brewmaster
AG
ARM calls if anyone wants a lotto. It was super strong pre drop this morning. I have 3/28 140C I think.

shares of ARM or a chip play is probably safer. NVDA has an event Monday.
Heineken-Ashi
Not as impulsive as I would want to see for an afternoon high. Bailed on the IWM calls.$202.50 - $203 is looking best case if it wants to move higher today. But the potential for a dump tomorrow is growing with bulls not able to gain much traction.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What are the general thoughts on TSLA? I've never owned shares, but it's starting to look attractive as it nears $160...
EnronAg
AG
one of the most polarizing stocks...I'd love to get in at some point but all these TSLA bears scare me away...
Heineken-Ashi
EnronAg said:

one of the most polarizing stocks...I'd love to get in at some point but all these TSLA bears scare me away...
Look at what it did in 2018 while the SPX was moving down. It tends to be counter culture. Could just be a coincidence of course.

South Platte
giddings_ag_06 said:

I'm tempted to buy more Fastly. Keep thinking it has to recover a little after this past month.
Many know more than me regarding FSLY, but I encourage you to be patient and keep watching. It doesn't appear to have found the bottom. I lost a ton on this and got out around $14. No harm in buying more on the way back up.
Heineken-Ashi
TSLA $150 has too much pull. I'm not jumping back in on new shares unless it proves it can form an uptrend. And not a choppy one.

AceAggie05
AG
Question about Boeing. With everything that's going on with them right now, are we thinking their stock will be affected? Is there any way to predict this?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Spy sitting right on the 89. I feel like a bounce off it (4th time since feb) is the higher probability play
South Platte
AceAggie05 said:

Question about Boeing. With everything that's going on with them right now, are we thinking their stock will be affected? Is there any way to predict this?
It's down 30% year to date when the S&P is up 8%. I guess it could certainly get worse.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Bought way too much tsla today. Hopefully elon lights up the dark pools tonight and gets up to the 25% he wants

Additional thoughts: the whole internet has been waiting for tsla 175, or 167.5, or 160, well here we are and now it's all "this could be the end for tsla! They're not innovative anymore!" Or whatever. Now that the targets are here everybody's got cold feet and that's when it rips your face off and you swear not to miss the opportunity the next time it comes along.
Heineken-Ashi
If VXX gets' above $15 and doesn't see below $13.50 again it could be bad bad news.

AceAggie05
AG
AceAggie05 said:

Guess I should be a little more specific. I'm thinking a put might not be a bad play here, with the turmoil at Boeing. I was wondering if my thoughts had any validity, or if it's anyone's guess as to what will happen.
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

If VXX gets' above $15 and doesn't see below $13.50 again it could be bad bad news.
I think we get continuation. Seems like too strong a move not to, I have 508.50's, then 507, 505. Mancini mentions continuation (both ways).

Even if we pump to 515 here end of day, that's a megaphone down look intraday. (and lol, they did it, pump)

MOC 5B buy side, but loads of SPY puts into the close

ProgN
Brewmaster said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

I think we get continuation. Seems like too strong a move not to, I have 508.50's, then 507, 505. Mancini mentions continuation (both ways).

Even if we pump to 515 here end of day, that's a megaphone down look intraday.

FOMO, they're buying all dips regardless of negative news.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That could've been worse.

TNA closed right around its previous support of 38. Bought the dip down at 37.30.
Heineken-Ashi
The last two comments in succession made me laugh.

EngrAg14
AG
Brewmaster said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Is this just last second attempts or shakeout before a fall?
I'm not getting where the buying is coming from in volumes to just nearly 1% in an hour after a big drop.
Figured algos would turn on to sell and continue it

Even if we pump to 515 here end of day, that's a megaphone down look intraday. (and lol, they did it, pump)

Heineken-Ashi
I posted yesterday how IWM was in a precarious position and could go either way with PPI release. We went down today. Just like yesterday, it ended today in a very precarious position, as did SPY and QQQ. IWM is the one to watch. Below $199.40 and there's A LOT of room to give, potentially down to $196. Maybe not all in a single day, but we're teetering here. Below $196 and I turn very bearish with expectation of $187 next.

And while IWM might be leading (which is why I'm focusing on it), it won't go down without the others. Need $207 now to signal local bottom might be in.

And don't forget, the biggest small cap is leaving the index on the 18th. SMCI has been propping this baby up. No more next week.

EngrAg14
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

I posted yesterday how IWM was in a precarious position and could go either way with PPI release. We went down today. Just like yesterday, it ended today in a very precarious position, as did SPY and QQQ. IWM is the one to watch. Below $199.40 and there's A LOT of room to give, potentially down to $196. Maybe not all in a single day, but we're teetering here. Below $196 and I turn very bearish with expectation of $187 next.

And while IWM might be leading (which is why I'm focusing on it), it won't go down without the others. Need $207 now to signal local bottom might be in.

And don't forget, the biggest small cap is leaving the index on the 18th. SMCI has been propping this baby up. No more next week.

I guess what I'm getting at is if the banks are in a precarious situation.
Some people (or so I'm hearing) have begun to default on loans.
And the feds are officially buying stocks.

Who is really behind the unrealistic run-up that's been occurring?
Is this the Ukraine funding being used or has anyone done a dive into see what's been moving the market [I am not sure if we're capable of this but I've seen a few post before about banks buying/selling publicly].

I full on think we're overextended but we won't collapse till election period. My gut tells me the fed keeps it afloat till then, whoever gets in and market tanks finally.
Heineken-Ashi
Good news for bag holders on CLOV. It's now at all time lows again. You might finally get rid of your shares when it hits $0

Heineken-Ashi
A market that goes straight up after a significant low like we have since November is usually euphoria drive, especially after that same run up that didn't include even the smallest of pullbacks made new ATH's in SPX. Analysts revising yearly targets significantly higher when previous targets were hit in the first 3 months, water cooler people saying they are buying NVDA and AI stocks only AFTER the biggest explosions in price have already been realized. It's partly FED liquidity driven, especially in banks stocks, but its just as much FOMO and irrational human sentiment.

Is the top in? Who knows. But this is about the time you should be on high alert and have a strategy for exit should supports start breaking. And if support holds, be strategic about your longs going forward and use stops.

South Platte
Were you the poster than had a collection of rental properties and subscribed to the BRRRR philosophy?
First Page Last Page
Page 6364 of 6570

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.