Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,162,671 Views | 232065 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by ProgN
HoustonAg_2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Berkshire loading up on Liberty Sirius shares due to potential upside spread between Sirius XM stock. Around 15% upside spread.

https://www.marketwatch.com/articles/berkshire-buys-liberty-sirius-xm-stock-f149e9bf?mod=mw_latestnews
giddings_ag_06
AG
You do solid work my friend. I lurk and make money. All I can ask.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Wonder if this is what helene meisler charts on graph paper?
Brewmaster
AG
Must be a big short trapped on AMD, 2 hit pieces out this morning
Brewmaster
AG
IWM forming a H&S? right shoulder would be about 207.76. trying some HA candles and Ichi clouds.

Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

IWM forming a H&S? right shoulder would be about 207.76. trying some HA candles and Ichi clouds.

Ya I've got resistance in the high $208's. For a bearish case, I'd like to see it hit it's head on mid to high $207's setting up a drop to $200 Friday or early next week.

I can't really make out anything on the intraday chart the points to another high in the short term, but of course, anything can happen. My guess is this continues to grind between $204 and $208 through the end of the week, burning premium like a mofo.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
Heineken-Ashi
Also, FOMC next week. Wouldn't be surprised if we just grind until Wednesday.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
Brewmaster
AG
SLV kicking arse today
Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

SLV kicking arse today
I just exited some very profitable SLV $22 calls I bought weeks ago in the $0.10 range. Expecting a pullback of some sort soon.

But the thing you have to consider. And go back and look at GLD, GDX, SLV charts and see. When metals start to run, they can REALLY run. You almost have to throw out traditional indicators in real bull markets.

At the same time, miners might lag for a long time and then play catch up all at once, then sell off more than the actual metals.

This is different than stocks because you have world governments, central banks, and world populace involved heavily. You have miners that operate around the globe. Some strong, some weak. A lot of different factors can move these things. Not for the faint of heart.

But we're nearing the point, if we get the pullback I'm expecting, that we might be at prices we won't see again until the metals bull market tops and we're in the next bear market.
nortex97
AG
Yeah I just sold on 17 cent one. Painful but didn't want to risk it.
AceAggie05
AG
When looking at SLV, it's held almost the exact same highs/lows for the last year. When talking about a run, are you thinking to the top of those highs? Close to it's all time high from 2011? Higher?

Can you even predict how it will run, having said it doesn't have the same characteristics as stocks?

Just asking to learn.
Heineken-Ashi
AceAggie05 said:

When looking at SLV, it's held almost the exact same highs/lows for the last year. When talking about a run, are you thinking to the top of those highs? Close to it's all time high from 2011? Higher?

Can you even predict how it will run, having said it doesn't have the same characteristics as stocks?

Just asking to learn.
Go look at the spot silver chart starting in 2004. History rhymes. When metals start making higher lowers and holding a flat top, watch out. Especially during times of financial stupidity and potential world chaos.
giddings_ag_06
AG
What was the plan with Fastly? It keeps dropping fastly and I'm wondering if I should cut my losses and dump it or let it ride.
EliteZags
AG
finally jumped into SOFI <7.50
ProgN
giddings_ag_06 said:

What was the plan with Fastly? It keeps dropping fastly and I'm wondering if I should cut my losses and dump it or let it ride.
I'm holding, but not adding right now.
Heineken-Ashi
giddings_ag_06 said:

I got stopped at $13.75.

If it's going to go back up, it HAS to hold $11.60. I personally do think it's near a low, but there is nothing indicating it's about to do anything.
El_duderino
Heineken-Ashi said:

giddings_ag_06 said:

I got stopped at $13.75.

Same here.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Thanks. I don't have a plan for the money so figured I'd just let it ride a while.
AgPT06
AG
AgPT06 said:

AgPT06 said:

Bought Apr 110 calls in XOM at 1.61 average last week when it moved above 105. Up 33% right now. Hopefully have room to get to 110 now that has moved above the late November to March box it has been stuck in.
Still moving up. If it stays above 107.2 I may add for 110 target. If it drops below 106 Ill trim to keep some profits.

I trimmed to go net free on these today since it hit my 110 target.

10 baggers with tech stocks are fun, but I am learning I am much more suited for a little bit slower moving stocks. My best trades (not most profitable but best executed with charting) this year have been off of XOM and T.
Heineken-Ashi
Buying URA. Stop $25.50, Target $37. Extended target $43
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Buying URA. Stop $25.50, Target $37. Extended target $43
I'm in, small whale sighting at the lows too (a couple $800k to 900k buys).
Heineken-Ashi
There was a choppy bearish potential for crude oil as long as it stays under $80 that would push it back to $75. If we break $80, I've got next target $83-$85 within a couple weeks to a month.
EnronAg
AG
ooooof, what happened?!?!
AgShaun00
AG

came here to ask same thing
Heineken-Ashi
If it pushes lower, market will be in precarious position going into tomorrow's economic release. I can make a case for either direction tomorrow. Would not trade. There will be a ton of shakeout tomorrow and potential premium crush with quad witching. Stay on your toes. Don't get greedy. Don't get stupid.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Heineken-Ashi
I do not have a high probability setup, but I have some money to play with and bought a handful of calls on PATH. Mar15 $26 with target $30+. All or nothing. Earnings after close.

This is a very similar position as it was last earnings. Selloff into the week or week before earnings, then rip.

Again, I do not feel confident. Gambling here.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'm betting on liquidity grab, spy 520 tomorrow
Chef Elko
AG
EliteZags said:

finally jumped into SOFI <7.50

In. Let SOFI run away from me a few months back, getting in now.
Heineken-Ashi
PATH is being thrown around like a rag doll lol. Up down up down up down.
Heineken-Ashi
So PATH crushes Q4. Guides soft on Q1 but very bullish on full fiscal year.

Market doesn't know how to take. Seems to be settling in the $26 range which will suck for the calls. Hopefully FOMO and retail can take it to $30 target in the morning. Otherwise, I don't like the potential triangle pattern its forming.
confucius_ag
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Really weird action.
E
AG
E said:

HoustonAg2014 said:

E said:

We should all start tweeting to Elon daily that he should buy WWR

The amount of times I have thought about doing that hahaha. Honestly TexAgs got Stoops deal stopped. Maybe we can make the WWR deal happen.

TexAgs works miracles. Never underestimate the power of TexAgs.
Just did my first tweet... lets see how many it takes before he buys it
Day 2
Heineken-Ashi
confucius_ag said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Really weird action.
It's acting very indecisive which could be from the weak Q1 guidance. Could also be an indication that a selloff of some sort is near and nobody wants to pile into anything that's not a slam dunk.

I'm on high alert for a sharp drop tomorrow morning. But like I said, there is no clear signal either way it. It just feels like if there is any time to do it, it will either be tomorrow, or it will be Fed day next week. The fact that none of the indexes could sustain a push up this week beyond getting near the previous high is what's making me cautious.
bhanacik
AG
Tesla down under 170
First Page Last Page
Page 6362 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.