Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,162,677 Views | 232065 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by ProgN
HoustonAg2014
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah I didn't even take into consideration 401ks… That's insane. It's illogical and I don't know how that would work. Everyone would sell their 401k and take the 10% penalty.
EnronAg
AG
HoustonAg2014 said:

Yeah I didn't even take into consideration 401ks… That's insane. It's illogical and I don't know how that would work. Everyone would sell their 401k and take the 10% penalty.
I hope the people that say this has no chance of passing are right...but I have my doubts...we live in a stupid world now...and it would not surprise me to see something like this garbage pass in a few years after full Dem control...
Heineken-Ashi
That failure in UNG means toss it aside. Nothing actionable right now that I would consider high probability.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Airlines might keep getting hammered due to Boeing, but I'm nibbling LUV here for a long-term hold. Several more buys below.
Heineken-Ashi
Saw BLDE went a little higher after I got out at $3.75, up to $4.25, and then did exactly what I was afraid of and absolutely dumped on earnings to $2.55.

But hear me out. Pull up the daily chart. From the November high, it has formed a perfect expanding triangle (or wedge if you prefer) down to today's low. If we measure October low to November high, my 100% extension move of that from today's low comes in at $4.44 using linear calcs and $5.00 using log calcs.

I'm tempted to jump back in with an OCO bracket of stop just below todays low and sell target $4.44. 11% risk right here to 55% gain. Would like to get the risk under 10%, but might be too late for that.

Note, when a triangle has 5 clear points and the trend lines along the top and bottom match up perfectly, I consider that a great setup for reversal. But it doesn't always pan out. You've been warned about the risk.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
Heineken-Ashi
Here's the BLDE chart in LOG mode with clouds.

giddings_ag_06
AG
I had an alert for MARA under $20. At nearly $19.5 now, anyone else buying?
Red Pear Jack
Sponsor
I had gotten into LUV at $28 and was eyeing $37 as an exit. I should've gotten out while it was consolidating and had the chance. I was blindsided by the effect of the 787 mishap given this is unrelated to the max and it seemed to be fine when the max stuff was going on. Hopefully it recovers quickly.
True Texan
AG
giddings_ag_06 said:

Sold 2 19 APR 24 17/7 PUT spreads this morning
Chef Elko
AG
Threw a small amount at WWR at $0.48, it's time for a bounce.
E
AG
Chef Elko said:

This has been needing to bounce since 2021
I bleed maroon
AG
E said:

Chef Elko said:

This has been needing to bounce since 2021
I've heard it helps if you pound on the table!

Full disclosure - I hold a few shares, too, just for entertainment purposes.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
We can't possibly go lower, right?
HoustonAg2014
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Elon could announce that he is buying WWR for $10B and the stock would find a way to go down…
E
AG
We should all start tweeting to Elon daily that he should buy WWR
HoustonAg2014
AG
E said:

The amount of times I have thought about doing that hahaha. Honestly TexAgs got Stoops deal stopped. Maybe we can make the WWR deal happen.

TexAgs works miracles. Never underestimate the power of TexAgs.
Chef Elko
AG
We need to get someone on the board with the amount of shares we all have haha.

WWR hit $0.48 multiple times and it seems like a solid floor. Just swinging the bat here and making my cost basis look not as bad.
Brewmaster
AG
giddings_ag_06 said:

the last notes I had were, under $20 is bearish. with buy targets between $10-14.

my thoughts:
it broke through well below 20 multiple times today and even once after market close. It's a DNT for me for now. (do not touch)
Brewmaster
AG
Brewmaster said:

Great stuff...

wait for the 30min or 1hr 8/21 crossover before entering again

AMD just did this. huge volume in last few minutes too. I'm trying a few shares for rebound move towards recent highs.

AMD on the 1 hour also 8 crossed above the 21 day. I'm sure NVDA is the same, looks like a gapper into tomorrow.
E
AG
HoustonAg2014 said:

E said:

The amount of times I have thought about doing that hahaha. Honestly TexAgs got Stoops deal stopped. Maybe we can make the WWR deal happen.

Just did my first tweet... lets see how many it takes before he buys it
Texaggie7nine
E said:

HoustonAg2014 said:

E said:

Just did my first tweet... lets see how many it takes before he buys it
Did you tag it with $WWR like ballsmeep does?

7nine
agdaddy04
AG
After dumping in $30-40k a few years ago, I don't have an appetite for any more shares, no matter the price.
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Here's the BLDE chart in LOG mode with clouds.

I like it, I zoomed in a bit more and drew my megaphone down starting in Oct of 22.

also looks like a gap at 2.42, which could fill first. but, ah ha, I see your ascending triangle now (to today's low).
Chef Elko
AG
I get it, I feel sick about it too. I lost $15K+ in my IRA in my 20s with WWR. That's a lot of tax free earnings power over the next decades I pissed away. At least a lot of you guys have tax write offs!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If it helps, the same happened to me with Roku in my Roth.
EnronAg
AG
Still can't believe PYPL can't make a run like some of the trash that's been running so hard. What the heck are they doing wrong that they get no bounce in this donkey market?!?
Monywolf
TxAgLaw03RW said:

The most you can lose is 100%
ProgN
EnronAg said:

Still can't believe PYPL can't make a run like some of the trash that's been running so hard. What the heck are they doing wrong that they get no bounce in this donkey market?!?
They pissed A LOT of their users off a little over a year ago and it made a large number seek out alternatives to PYPL and they're not coming back because they don't trust them anymore.

I'm not a PYPL user but although anecdotal, I know several people that closed their accounts.

McInnis 03
AG
just a quick note......in honor of Prog who tells us to never stop learning. You swing Traders need to take a day to learn heiken ashi.

Decided to spend today figuring it out and honestly it doesn't take very long, and then I back tested on a few different transactions. It's absolutely phenomenal for anyone who is having trouble with entries and exits and the discipline associated with them.

This video is 16 minutes and boring as hell but if you watch this and trade on daily or 4-Hour charts I think it could really help especially beginners.

ravingfans
AG
thanks--nice video McInnis!
Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03 said:

just a quick note......in honor of Prog who tells us to never stop learning. You swing Traders need to take a day to learn heiken ashi.

Decided to spend today figuring it out and honestly it doesn't take very long, and then I back tested on a few different transactions. It's absolutely phenomenal for anyone who is having trouble with entries and exits and the discipline associated with them.

This video is 16 minutes and boring as hell but if you watch this and trade on daily or 4-Hour charts I think it could really help especially beginners.

ProgN
Reporter on CNBC today said that the debt service (interest) paid in February was 73 billion, up 67% YoY. That is just the f'ing interest for a month and it's only increasing. If you were to extrapolate that over the next 12 months then it'd exceed our defense budget annually at a time that the odds of us being in a military conflict rise daily. Imho, the DC "leaders" (both parties included) are actively trying to collapse the Dollar. Everyone here is knows this is not sustainable. At this point, it wouldn't even shock me if the Fed and/or Treasury are buying stocks to generate revenue. I know that they aren't permitted, but when has that ever stopped them?
Heineken-Ashi
Regarding HA candles. It is a TREND tool, not a trading tool. As the video states, you cannot simply use a candle as an entry. I personally use the 30min or 1hr 8/21 crossover as an entry signal. But even that is not perfect.

When in the trend, I use 8 and 13. I want the 8 above the 13 and bouncing off of it in a bull trend. That is STRONG confirmation of continued trend. I'll allow small dips through it as long as the 21 is coiled not far below and it serves as support.

And this is best done on hourly candles. By the time a daily tops and crosses below the 13, you could have lost a good amount. And the further confirmation of crossing below the 21 will lose a bunch of your profits.

Also watch out for candles with small bodies. Those usually signal a trend might pause or reverse. An indecision candle (wick on both sides) that is massive in relation to the candle before it is strong sign of prolonged sideways action or reversal. If you're playing trends, you don't fool with sideways. Take your profits and wait for next trend to develop. Tiny candles that finish inside the body of larger candles should put you on lookout for potential reversal, but you will need more confirmation. And when I say tiny, I mean like 1/4th the size of the previous candle. A big candle with no lower wick that finishes with its top below a bigger candle with no lower wick is usually telling you short pause and then resumption of trend.

You can use as low as 15 mins, but there will be additional noise. Those should be for day trading only. Don't ever use HA on 5 or 1 min. At those timeframes, its practically useless.
Philip J Fry
AG
Heineken-Ashi
One more thing on HA candles. There's a modified version that I read a book on.

Close-weighted candle calcs
- Open is the actual open in HA candle (average of previous open and previous 2x close)
- High is the max of the HA candle open, 2x close, and actual high
- Low is the min of the HA candle open, 2x close, and actual low
- Average of OHLC but applies a 2x weight to the close.

Then you can calc the modified HA candle
- Open and close are same as above
- High is average of 5 previous candle HA opens
- Low is average of 5 previous candle HA closes

Ultimately, it smooths out the HA candles even more placing greater weight on the point that most drives the trend. The wicks are reversed from traditional HA candles showing up as a shooting star and down as a falling star. It practically erases the indecision candles and shows nothing but trends, giving you better certainty on when to exit and when to get back in.

You go from regular candles looking like this..

To HA candles like this

To Modified HA candles like this

Only issue is, you have to download the data, calculate it on excel, chart it on excel, and wait for the day to close so you can add each new piece of data. I can't find a script anywhere and I absolutely have no idea how to code. If someone here is good at Pinescripts or thinkscripts, maybe we can get together and figure out how to do it.
First Page Last Page
Page 6361 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.