Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,164,759 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any lower on REE and it's going to break the trendline. Stop is at $5.90 for me.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
bmoochie
AG
I have mentioned this a few times on here but I just bout TELL again. something is going on as it has had a big pop today and the options chain seems to be lighting up a bit. Minimum you can buy 1000 shares and immediately do CCs at $1 for some easy premium if it does explode through.

Volume has also been increasing since Mid October which makes me think accumulation phase. Just something to put on your radar.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ROKU appears to be making higher lows.
Brewmaster
AG
Brewmaster said:

lots of flow on MARA calls

maybe they are playing a short term bounce
or maybe big CC selling, really weak day for MARA.
texagbeliever
CPI comes out tomorrow before open. So that will likely decide if the day opens green or red.
El_duderino
/ES up 11 points so far to 5197 for new high
El_duderino
XOP that H-A posted about had the 20 and now 50 cross above the 200 on the daily chart
tlh3842
AG
When would you anticipate the bounce back? Wondering how long to wait (as in, could it just stay in the lower 15ish through the week and crush premiums).
Heineken-Ashi
Man it's tough because it could go a little lower. Gonna watch futures on NG close tonight. Chart futures and play UNG. Unless you play futures.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
Bonfire.1996
Another disaster CPI print for banks.

Sticky inflation is in shelter and energy making up 60% of the high CPI number. Biden is directly responsible for high energy prices, and his newly released budget will make it nearly impossible to raise equity for large residential developments, both single and Multifamily.
CheladaAg
AG
CPI came in hotter than est. markets up
Brewmaster
AG
poor CPI, so now we rally to 520? lol. I wouldn't be surprised.
Spaceship
AG
Please help me understand this as a novice…CPI roughly came in as estimated, and higher than last month which has lead to a jump in futures. I assume this makes an immediate fed rate cut less likely which seems counterintuitive to me - I thought this would hurt the market?
Pignorant
AG
I have not seen the budget. How will it hurt single and multi family developments?
Brewmaster
AG
UNG looking rippy! above 16 pre-market
tlh3842
AG
Spaceship said:

Please help me understand this as a novice…CPI roughly came in as estimated, and higher than last month which has lead to a jump in futures. I assume this makes an immediate fed rate cut less likely which seems counterintuitive to me - I thought this would hurt the market?

Nothing makes sense anymore
Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

UNG looking rippy! above 16 pre-market
Tagged $15.25 overnight which was where my option entry would have been. Too late now. If you wanna grab some shares you can play a small gain up to $19-$21 range. Make sure you have a stop. I don't think we've seen the last low.
Heineken-Ashi
Spaceship said:

You have to detach the market from news. Options were pricing in a 1% move on this news in one direction or the other. Looks to me like we had a shakeout and maybe a double shakeout. Small timeframe candle can be a lot of noise. What happens the rest of the day is the real key.
AgEng06
AG
PLUG at that $3.50 mark. You still think the previous setup is intact, or was the last run up it?
El Chupacabra
ACAD dumping
Heineken-Ashi
AgEng06 said:

PLUG at that $3.50 mark. You still think the previous setup is intact, or was the last run up it?
No, that was not it, if a runup is going to happen. It's in no man's land right now. $3.30 is my line in the sand where I can no longer chart out a reliable upside path.
Bonfire.1996
Pignorant said:

I have not seen the budget. How will it hurt single and multi family developments?
they want to tax unrealized gains in investments and they want minimum tax thresholds.
Brewmaster
AG
I'd add too, that was a weak bounce off 3.50 for PLUG. looking now like it will push past 3.50 downward.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Had been targeting LUV at $28
HoustonAg_2009
I doubt that plays out. On the positive side it looks like 100% depreciation is back in play for multi family real estate.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Could you imagine the volatility in the market if they taxed unrealized gains? Every CEO in the world would be pissed as well. Every year in the 4th quarter you would see a massive flush of liquidity in the market as everyone tries to time their sale so that they can pay taxes. The market would essentially turn into more active day trading than ever before.

People who understand the market will benefit I would imagine while the average American who has money in the market that they don't manage will just get a massive tax bill each year and have to figure out how to pay it...
agdaddy04
AG
It would kill 401ks. I wouldn't have the cash to pay taxes on my gains.
M4 Benelli
Heineken-Ashi said:

HRMY dropped into my buy zone. Stop $28.5. Target 1 - $38. Target 2 - $40. Great R/R

Is it time to reload on this one?
Heineken-Ashi
SMCI has a setup to get bullish. Not guaranteed, but its promising. If so, IWM is likely breaking the downside setup with target above $211 to $212. I'm not long on either and likely won't play. But something to watch.
Bonfire.1996
HoustonAg_2009 said:

I doubt that plays out. On the positive side it looks like 100% depreciation is back in play for multi family real estate.
When they float these things, it's establishing a long term goal. They know it is dead in 2024. But they are staking their claim for future revenues. With spending increasing, unabated, there are going to be tax increases and new tax sources.

Real estate investors aren't like us trading the market who can be in and out. Real estate investors must have long term confidence because their investments aren't fast and they are likely part of a group with no decision making control.

Capital makes informed decisions. And capital is deciding today that they need to remain in more liquid investments due to unknown tax risks in duration investments.
Heineken-Ashi
M4 Benelli said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

HRMY dropped into my buy zone. Stop $28.5. Target 1 - $38. Target 2 - $40. Great R/R

Is it time to reload on this one?
Sideways chop since December now trying to break to the downside. I don't have a clear entry that is safe. MACD is turning down on daily but RSI is approaching oversold. I'd let it find a bottom and wait for the 30min or 1hr 8/21 crossover before entering again. If we can get it, and the move off the low looks impulsive and not upward chop, I think it will target $40 where analyst targets are.
gougler08
AG
My alert on AEHR just triggered, may enter a small long position with stop at recent lows around $14.50
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Two TNA buys executed in pre, and somehow it's green after CPI.

May not understand this market, but I'll take it.
LMCane
Spaceship said:

I agree with you Space-

it's counterintuitive because Wall Street has been betting on lower FED rates for shorter..

and we keep getting higher rates for longer.

you would think this would depress the market, but the opposite is happening.

it may be as many postulating, this is just a massive bubble similar to 1999.
Brewmaster
AG
Great stuff...

wait for the 30min or 1hr 8/21 crossover before entering again

AMD just did this. huge volume in last few minutes too. I'm trying a few shares for rebound move towards recent highs.
First Page Last Page
Page 6360 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.