Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,992,599 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by EliteZags
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heineken-Ashi
Those SLV September calls. If we get one more low in the $21.60 range and can hold, I'm buying them. $26's, likely for around 55-60 cents. Manual stop at $21.35 SLV which starts to really overlap dating back a couple months and would make me uneasy about a potential one more swing down.
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

The sheer fact that I'm here means you should be going 103% cash.
You were all soooooooooooo warned. We warned. You.
Way ahead of both of you champ.
ProgN
The only thing holding up the SPX from complete implosion today is NVDA. That one really needs to break so we can have a proper correction.
sts7049
AG
still time to get on the bandwagon
flashplayer
AG
Positive earnings this week and Powell remotely hinting that a rate cut is still possible this summer will be enough to keep the meth high flowing a bit longer.

ProgN
sts7049 said:

still time to get on the bandwagon
I'm not mad at money and my balls aren't big enough to step into the ring against the undisputed heavy weight champion.

I'm gonna sit this one out sir, but may the odds be forever in your favor.
ProgN
flashplayer said:

Positive earnings this week and Powell remotely hinting that a rate cut is still possible this summer will be enough to keep the meth high flowing a bit longer.

Bostic alluded to the stock market (wealth effect), so I don't expect Powell to be dovish tomorrow because the market's explosion higher is on their radar. I suspect that's one of the catalysts for the selling pressure today. JMO
flashplayer
AG
Could very well be - either way we will have an answer in short order
ProgN
Looks like retail is buying the dip. FOMO is a *****.
Heineken-Ashi
MOC $1.5B to the buy
ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

MOC $1.5B to the buy
I'd love to hear how many short sellers have been completely wiped out by SMCI and NVDA. That would be some fun.
ProgN
Looks like CRWD crushed ER.

ETA: Yeah, they crushed and guided higher.

.95 vs .82 estimate
El_duderino
Up to $345 AH so far. SNOW calling my name sub $170 for the morning order now
ProgN
El_duderino said:

Up to $345 AH so far. SNOW calling my name sub $170 for the morning order now
You can buy it now for 2 mins
El_duderino
Vanguard order cut off right at 3pm. Should probably think about moving funds over to Schwab for ease of trading
agdaddy04
AG
So what the heck was up with the dip today then? I guess the same thing happened with NVDA tho.
ProgN
El_duderino said:

Vanguard order cut off right at 3pm. Should probably think about moving funds over to Schwab for ease of trading
Is there a box for type of order or special instructions? If so, click on it and see if there's a "Day + EXT". If you don't click on that then your order ends at 3pm, but the "+ EXT" includes in AH.
El_duderino
I'll have to look tomorrow then. Didn't see the option on mobile
ProgN
agdaddy04 said:

So what the heck was up with the dip today then? I guess the same thing happened with NVDA tho.
China economy slowing. AAPL iPhone sales in China are disappointing, economic data wasn't good, and chances of rate cuts lower while chances of recession increasing.

CRWD isn't near large enough to influence the market but AAPL, MSFT and NVDA are. Big down day on the Nasdaq but NVDA and SMCI exploded higher in the last 30 mins.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
agdaddy04 said:

"Levels not seen since thursday"
Brewmaster
AG
well crap, had SMCI shares queued up to buy earlier today, (but post dip), got sidetracked, now it's gonna run to 1200, crazy!
texagbeliever
ProgN said:

Looks like CRWD crushed ER.

ETA: Yeah, they crushed and guided higher.

.95 vs .82 estimate

Dang, i was distracted by work but had this as a call option play if it stabilized before close. Though those premiums were ridiculous on the upside.

I am proud of myself for selling all 4 of my puts before 9:30am so didn't time it perfectly, but they aren't 0 like they would be now!
agdaddy04
AG
I know I wasn't clear but was specific around CRWD. It was down further than the overall market then spiked.
EliteZags
AG
anyone tempted to play AVGO earnings thurs now?
ProgN
agdaddy04 said:

I know I wasn't clear but was specific around CRWD. It was down further than the overall market then spiked.
PANW, ZS, etc. reported earnings and had conservative guidance and got beat up pretty bad. Since CRWD does the same business, it pulled back before earnings but then they mushroomed stamped Wall Street with their forward guidance.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Now up 25% to 372. Guess my 350 calls gonna print
Brewmaster
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

those will be huge wins, wish I'd followed you! congrats brother
ProgN

agdaddy04
AG
Thanks!
ProgN
No problem
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Lol thanks guys. Buying crwd calls for earnings when one of the other companies in the space misses is my one trick pony. I think I've only lost money once on that play
texagbeliever

Lol thanks guys. Buying crwd calls for earnings when one of the other companies in the space misses is my one trick pony. I think I've only lost money once on that play
This might be a tough call at the opening. I could see it opening at 350. I suggest having a strategy for open especially if you can't be looking at it 30 mins before open to 30 mins after open.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I placed an extended hours short sell for one contract at 370, a sell to close for 25 on one to try and catch an opening pop, then holding the rest and see what happens. They're 3/15 expiry
texagbeliever

I placed an extended hours short sell for one contract at 370, a sell to close for 25 on one to try and catch an opening pop, then holding the rest and see what happens. They're 3/15 expiry
First Page Last Page
Page 6350 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.