Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,998,207 Views | 231597 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by El_duderino
ravingfans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

OXY resistance should be in the low $60's. I'll be surprised if it gets to $65. $63-$64 is my guess. I don't like the potential here for lower highs and lower lows which point to another drop down to low $50's.
Mar 1 $61 calls. If it does what I expect, you should get close to a 2x on these at worst by the end of the week, if not sooner. But below $60.25 range and I'd take the L and get out.

Mar 1 $61 calls are up 49.1% as of now...
Heineken-Ashi
ravingfans said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

OXY resistance should be in the low $60's. I'll be surprised if it gets to $65. $63-$64 is my guess. I don't like the potential here for lower highs and lower lows which point to another drop down to low $50's.
Mar 1 $61 calls. If it does what I expect, you should get close to a 2x on these at worst by the end of the week, if not sooner. But below $60.25 range and I'd take the L and get out.

Mar 1 $61 calls are up 49.1% as of now...
Well, if you bought them at 25 cents. Some of us bought them at 40 cents and then weren't paying attention when support broke.

Original thesis stands, even with the mini morning shakeout.
AgEng06
AG
Your HRMY call out with a nice move today.
Heineken-Ashi
UNFI earnings a week away. I would prefer it comes back to $14's going into earnings to then pop to $19. Let's check back in early next week.
Heineken-Ashi
AgEng06 said:

Your HRMY call out with a nice move today.
I wanted more a triple bottom, but it got close enough. Need to see it plow through $36.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

$180 seems fairly strong support for AAPL. Gonna grab a few shares here.

Boom
RightWingConspirator
AG
Anyone still in GCT - the stock I recommended to the board a few weeks ago? I'm up about 77 percent in a little over two months. Noticed it's back up to $35/share again.
AgEng06
AG
You still looking for $38 as a first target?
aggies4life
AG
Nnox on the moveeeeee
Brewmaster
AG
LOL, 6000 here we come

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/barclays-believes-the-sp-500-could-hit-6000-soon--and-its-not-alone-190849325.html
Txducker
AG
OA1 TexAgs book recommendation from the very first post on this thread. This book is out of print and has been expensive. I found 3 for sale under $20 this morning on ebay and this is a rare find (I bought one copy for myself). I posted the ebay search below for the book. You will notice others trying to sell the book for $249 and $1,200 on ebay.

* ISBN 9781557385970
* Book Title: Handbook of Technical Analysis : A Comprehensive Guide to Analytical Methods, Trading Systems and Technical Indicators
* Author: Darrell R. Jobman

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Handbook+of+Technical+Analysis+%3A+A+Comprehensive+Guide+to+Analytical+Methods%2C+Trading+Systems+and+Technical+Indicators+Jobman&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1
Heineken-Ashi
AgEng06 said:

You still looking for $38 as a first target?
Yes, maybe mid to upper $38's. But this is a tough one. Usually when you come off a low, or a double tap of a low region, like this did on Feb 2, you don't expect the next move to be a slight higher high and then come back down near those lows. Really weird action that it could confirm continuation up and then almost say "just kidding". But if it continues making higher highs, we should be good. Just have to keep the higher lows. Could be in that period of an uptrend where bulls and bear just keep trading punches and it swings up and down. That could make it tough as you need to keep your stops low enough to not get shaken out.

I'd prefer to see it blow through $38 and get $40. Then hold the mid $30's on any bear attack.
confucius_ag
AG
PATH earnings on 3/13.

It is acting just like PLTR did before earnings. Chart looks similar.

Bought some 3/8 27C for $.10 for a lotto.
Bought some 4/5 25C as well.
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Boom
AAPL finally wised up and announced they're no longer going to pursue creating their own EV.
AgEng06
AG
Awesome. Thank you for the explanation.
Heineken-Ashi
Missed the bottom, but I'm buying U with stop at $27.25. 50% upward retrace is $35 and max target is $60 cup completion.
GreasenUSA
AG
ProgN said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Boom
AAPL finally wised up and announced they're no longer going to pursue creating their own EV.

That news really saved AAPL longs. It was all set up to be a good short for tomorrow if it closed below 180. Sometimes it pays to be lucky!
Brewmaster
AG
Bitcoin looks like it wants 60k+. LFG!
El Chupacabra
If one though thtat Nat Gas was going to rebound, what would be some good plays? CHK, UNG, LNG?
ProgN

Me talking to the SPX
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
El Chupacabra said:

If one though thtat Nat Gas was going to rebound, what would be some good plays? CHK, UNG, LNG?
I would tell you to save your money.
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

El Chupacabra said:

I would tell you to save your money.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Grabbed one, thank you!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Boil calls!
Heineken-Ashi
El Chupacabra said:

Ask Spilner
Heineken-Ashi
LAZR weekly gamble calls before earnings. Who's in?

I got nothing. Just want to throw some money away.

Daily P/C ratio is 0.86.
Ag CPA
AG
Apple cancels a car that never existed and the stock pops; crazy when five years ago the "iCar" was a primary reason given for the stock's rich valuation.
Heineken-Ashi
Ag CPA said:

Apple cancels a car that never existed and the stock pops; crazy when five years ago the "iCar" was a primary reason given for the stock's rich valuation.
Think that's bad?

Chevron announces deal to buy HESS. Stock gets sold.

Exxon says it has claims to Hess oil field and CVX admits deal might not happen.

Chevron sells off.

Good = sell
Bad = sell
ravingfans
AG
Txducker said:

OA1 TexAgs book recommendation from the very first post on this thread. This book is out of print and has been expensive. I found 3 for sale under $20 this morning on ebay and this is a rare find (I bought one copy for myself). I posted the ebay search below for the book. You will notice others trying to sell the book for $249 and $1,200 on ebay.

* ISBN 9781557385970
* Book Title: Handbook of Technical Analysis : A Comprehensive Guide to Analytical Methods, Trading Systems and Technical Indicators
* Author: Darrell R. Jobman

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Handbook+of+Technical+Analysis+%3A+A+Comprehensive+Guide+to+Analytical+Methods%2C+Trading+Systems+and+Technical+Indicators+Jobman&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1

Wow, sounds like I could sell a call option for one copy of the book and make some coin!!

Thanks for the reminder. I've been slowly reading through this book--good concepts...
Ranger222
AG
Ranger222 said:

I've been holding out for a long time on building a basket of stocks around CRISPR technology/biotechs, just due to timing and allowing some of these companies to get more mature, but I think now, in the early half of 2024, is a decent time to begin building. However, I like the prices that some of these are trading.

My basket currently:

CRSP
NTLA (My personal fav)
BEAM
PRME (least developed but prime editing has the largest future upside)

Could add to it:
VRTX (monster on its own, would love to accumulate at a lower price)
CRBU
EDIT

Picks and shovel plays off of it:
ILMN (liking this one right now anyway)
TXG
PACB
TWST

Caution: Biotechs have been a ROUGH sector due to money no longer being free and while some of their research programs are advanced and in clinical trials, will still need injections of cash. Could still be some downside risk here.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
There's gonna be a good play in the snow and zs earnings this week. Probably not directly in those companies but it could trigger a recovery or another dump in fsly, and/or another entry for crwd earnings
I bleed maroon
AG
Wanna see a strange daily chart? CEG had a 17% up day, but it was a steady slow build throughout the day. I'm not sure I've seen one like it. You divining rod chartists need to tell me what it means.

I bought 4 utilities in 2013: DUK, SO, EXC, and CEG. I have put the DUK and SO holdings in a set and forget portion of my retirement portfolio, and they've performed pretty well (7-8% annual return plus 3-5% dividends). I sold EXC, as it was a long-time dog that appeared to be poorly run. I added CEG as I was bullish on nuclear, and it has been the best performer of the bunch (up over 400% since purchase, with a small 1% dividend). But, today's move is just really odd - I sold covered calls mid-day, but it just kept going up. Buy 'em back? Roll 'em? Hold 'em?

I'm open to suggestions...
Charismatic Megafauna
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Mini rdr on spy today? Swinging a call
aggies4life
AG
Anyone still in beyond meat. Up 40% after hrs
First Page Last Page
Page 6335 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.