Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,997,825 Views | 231597 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by El_duderino
ravingfans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ProgN said:

TheVarian said:

Interesting if true.
It's true:

https://www.quiverquant.com/congresstrading/
So what does ol' nancy know that we don't? Last time PANW saw $200 was March 2020?
Towns03
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
ravingfans said:

ProgN said:

TheVarian said:

Interesting if true.
It's true:

So what does ol' nancy know that we don't? Last time PANW saw $200 was March 2020?

My guess is she knows something related to 5G and the cell phone infrastructure that is going to be updated/approved via government enterprise. This will likely end up positive for PANW and push us back up to $375/share?

I took a small position.
CivilEng08
ravingfans said:

ProgN said:

TheVarian said:

Interesting if true.
It's true:

The Pelosis buy a lot of deep ITM long dated calls to get leverage and larger returns vs. buying shares outright.
txaggie_08
AG
But she's buying options for calls at $200? Doesn't that imply she thinks the stock price is going to fall?
AgEng06
AG
No. See the post above yours.
YNWA_AG
AG
She bought in the money nvda options. I just think it's her strategy.
Brewmaster
AG
fightintxag13 said:

Dang MARA is unstoppable today!
headed to resistance at $30/31. Wish I had snagged some this morning!
txaggie_08
AG
So this basically gives her the ability to exercise the option at any point from now until expiration? She's in the money now, so she could buy right now at $200 and automatically see a $105/share profit?

I need to learn how options work….
Bocephus
AG
txaggie_08 said:

So this basically gives her the ability to exercise the option at any point from now until expiration? She's in the money now, so she could buy right now at $200 and automatically see a $105/share profit?

Nope. She needs the stock to go to $341 per share for her to break even. Each option cost her around $136 (x 100). Basically she is betting that $PANW will go well above $341 per share by January.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Heineken-Ashi
txaggie_08 said:

No. As you get closer to expiration, time decay will kick in and the contract price will get closer and closer to the actual price minus the strike. So if the stock falls, that contract can absolutely fall as well. And if it rises but not much higher than the strike, the option can still fall as the premium decays.
Bocephus
AG
txaggie_08 said:

https://www.investopedia.com/options-basics-tutorial-4583012
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
ProgN
ravingfans said:

ProgN said:

TheVarian said:

Interesting if true.
It's true:

It means the Pelosi's are going to get paid. I posted the other day that I took initial positions in PANW at $275, well SHBM. I'll add more with confidence but not today.

Remember this trade posted 12/21/23 when NVDA was under $500 when she bought these?

NVIDIA CORPORATION - Nancy Pelosi Congressional Trade (quiverquant.com)
bmoochie
AG
So you took a position in PANW around the same time as Pelosi? Have you ever seen Pelosi and prog in the same room together?? really makes you think.
ProgN
I wish I was that connected but you know I loathe progressives so I just don't see a friendship together in our future.
Brewmaster
AG
S&P H&S on hourly, market pretending it doesn't see it so far.
fightintxag13
AG
ProgN said:

I wish I was that connected but you know I loathe progressives so I just don't see a friendship together in our future.
You put on a tough front for sure, Nancy.
ProgN
fightintxag13
AG
Brewmaster said:

fightintxag13 said:

I was late, but I grabbed some at 26.32. I already trimmed 75% of those shares.
Brewmaster
AG
fightintxag13 said:

Brewmaster said:

fightintxag13 said:

I was late, but I grabbed some at 26.32. I already trimmed 75% of those shares.
that's not late, well done!
Brewmaster
AG
Brewmaster said:

30 min candles

Heineken-Ashi
Grabbing some Mar1 $198 IWM puts heading into tomorrow.
EngrAg14
AG
ProgN
OK gang, I don't have the numbers yet but it looks like $U didn't have a great earnings report AH. FTR, I wasn't expecting them to and hopefully it will pushdown into my target buy area. This one is on my radar and would love to grab it in the $20-$23 range for a swing trade. I've traded it 2-3 times from mid $20s to high $30s range and plan to do it again.

As always, I will post when I buy and at what prices. This one, as the last swing trades in it, usually take a few months to play out but you can't argue with the ROI opportunity it provides.
El_duderino
Down to $28. Keep on coming down
ProgN
El_duderino said:

Unity (U) stock tumbles 15% after Q4 earnings miss and disappointing outlook (streetinsider.com)

They're going to get smashed, this wasn't a good report, but they're not going out of business. May move my buy price down to $20, will evaluate it tonight and tomorrow morning.
ProgN
Brewmaster said:

Brewmaster said:

30 min candles

ProgN
txaggie_08 said:

But she's buying options for calls at $200? Doesn't that imply she thinks the stock price is going to fall?
No, she's leveraging her money and does it all the time. It's a positive for the stock.
tlh3842
AG
ProgN said:

El_duderino said:

Unity (U) stock tumbles 15% after Q4 earnings miss and disappointing outlook (streetinsider.com)

They're going to get smashed, this wasn't a good report, but they're not going out of business. May move my buy price down to $20, will evaluate it tonight and tomorrow morning.

Let us know! Ready to ride on another one
El_duderino
POWL just keeps on chugging along. Up over 100% since earnings
aggies4life
AG
Looking at nvda after hours it shows it dropped to $304.28 @ 4:55pm then back up….just a glitch?? or if someone had a buy order around that price it would have triggered?
ProgN
aggies4life said:

Looking at nvda after hours it shows it dropped to $304.28 @ 4:55pm then back up….just a glitch?? or if someone had a buy order around that price it would have triggered?
No, misprint
ravingfans
AG
txaggie_08 said:

Here is a handy matrix to help...

edit to add corrected table

ProgN
TREX was on my list I posted at the beginning of the year of one to watch. I'm not in it but wish I was, check it out AH right now.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
ProgN said:

aggies4life said:

No, misprint

I think there was a glitch in the matrix. I bought ulta puts today and after close yahoo said it was down like $12. I got all excited but it's gone now
First Page Last Page
Page 6333 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.