Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,005,002 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by El_duderino
E
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WoMD said:

E said:

Owing alot of money from stocks sucks but it also means you did something right

Or you could sell some of your WWR and never pay taxes on stock gains again...

HoustonAg_2009
10-4. PANW long hold and NNOX a quick flip.
RightWingConspirator
AG
Saw an article today that said that the investment in NNOX came through merger with another company. It didn't sound like they invested directly in it. Believe the article was in Seeking Alpha.
ProgN
RightWingConspirator said:

Saw an article today that said that the investment in NNOX came through merger with another company. It didn't sound like they invested directly in it. Believe the article was in Seeking Alpha.
If possible please post that article.

Bonfire.1996
ProgN said:

Its true. It was on CNBC. NNOX isn't something that is going to help NVDA bring AI to market. NVDA isn't actively investing in it. It was a $380,000 investment years ago in a tech that NNOX bought. The NNOX investment just appeared new.
Bonfire.1996

https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/07/zebra-medical-vision-gets-30m-series-c-to-create-ai-based-tools-for-radiologists/

NNOX bought zebra med in 2021
ProgN
Bonfire.1996 said:

ProgN said:

Its true. It was on CNBC. NNOX isn't something that is going to help NVDA bring AI to market. NVDA isn't actively investing in it. It was a $380,000 investment years ago in a tech that NNOX bought. The NNOX investment just appeared new.
Ok, thank you and RWC for the heads up because I didn't delve into it. That said, I'll look into liquidating it shortly.
ProgN
HoustonAg_2009 said:

10-4. PANW long hold and NNOX a quick flip.
Please read my post above this one.
HoustonAg_2009
Yes sir will focus on PANW. Appreciate the heads up!
Heineken-Ashi
Just to follow up, I sold a $60 April put on ROKU today. Slightly less premium than I originally planned, but I made the decision that since I'm buying shares once it shows signs of life off a bottom that waiting for peak premium was a gamble and that I wanted the premium. If it dips to $58, which is my absolute ideal buy spot, and can hold, I might sell another put AND buy shares.

And the goal is to buy the puts back for 10-20% of original value unless it absolutely rockets up.

You can draw two lower trend lines on this one. Today nearly hit one. The lower one is the $58-$60 range.
ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

Just to follow up, I sold a $60 April put on ROKU today. Slightly less premium than I originally planned, but I made the decision that since I'm buying shares once it shows signs of life off a bottom that waiting for peak premium was a gamble and that I wanted the premium. If it dips to $58, which is my absolute ideal buy spot, and can hold, I might sell another put AND buy shares.

And the goal is to buy the puts back for 10-20% of original value unless it absolutely rockets up.

You can draw two lower trend lines on this one. Today nearly hit one. The lower one is the $58-$60 range.

Natalia Velez is my absolute ideal spot.
South Platte
Haven't seen much discussion on POWL. Has everybody sold and hoping for a pullback? I sold way to quickly. Arghh
AgCPA95
AG
South Platte said:

Haven't seen much discussion on POWL. Has everybody sold and hoping for a pullback? I sold way to quickly. Arghh

Sold at high $110's back after last release for a nice gain, but bought in again (less shares) at $149. Have a 10% trailing stop limit set and want to see if I can ride this up some more.
EnronAg
AG
Brewmaster said:

508 should be significant resistance - it's the top of the trend line going back to October of '22.

this could be the beginning of an island gap.

508 resistance??? I think you meant 580 :-)
Chef Elko
AG
Brewmaster said:

SW AG80 said:

OK, how many of you held on to SMCI and got rich?

Or at least owe a lot of $$$ for the taxes you have incurred.
several pages back someone posted they officially pulled off a 100 bagger on it. (with his remaining shares). He had sold most, but bought in around $10.

Epic!

That's me! Not life changing but it sure boosted my IRA. I'm glad we have others on the thread making money off it too. SMCI to $1500!
Talon2DSO
AG
HoustonAg_2009 said:

Yes sir will focus on PANW. Appreciate the heads up!

I'm playing this one on a lotto today. 280c. So far it's shooting off
bmoochie
AG
Entered some April Vix calls with the State of the Union coming up. Could easily cause volatility.
El Chupacabra
what does getting flagged as a pattern day trader do/mean?

got well over the 25k of equity req'd in a margin account.
ProgN
Adding SPY 4/5 509p here
Heineken-Ashi
In on REE. Stop below lower trend line.
agdaddy04
AG
Profit taking going on right now?
texagbeliever
agdaddy04 said:

Profit taking going on right now?
NVDA returning back to Earth perhaps? Dragging the tech market with it is my guess.
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

In on REE. Stop below lower trend line.
Nice. looks like 5.80ish area for a bounce. Also BIG looks perky

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BRK is the engine that could. Quietly put up another ATH today.
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

BRK is the engine that could. Quietly put up another ATH today.
IIRC they report earnings tomorrow. They've been accumulating a "mystery" stock and rumors are it's AMZN. I'll be interested to see if they name their "mystery" stock tomorrow as well.
CheladaAg
AG
Talon2DSO
AG
Got stopped on PANW. I'm out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jumped into SOXQ today as a long term hold in my Roth account.

Don't want to mess with SOXL right now as I figure it could gap down well past any stop if all semi's were to crash.
Heineken-Ashi
In on SMCI at $847. First target $861, move stop up to $854. Then $875. Move stop up to $860. Stair step approach. Can get all the way to $1,025.
Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi said:

In on SMCI at $847. First target $861, move stop up to $854. Then $875. Move stop up to $860. Stair step approach. Can get all the way to $1,025.
Boom!

Stop moved to $850. Can't lose.
AgPT06
AG
This is not for trading but anyone know anything about PAA? I am looking to take some semiconductor profits in IRA and move to some dividend stocks. Picked up some T but have historically liked KMI for its low risk but decent dividend but came across PAA with similar yield but looks like it could move up closer to $20 for as well for a stock price move on top of the dividend. It also is right at resistance though and could move back down a bit. Again long term hold and just have never bought it in the past.
Heineken-Ashi
SMCI stop moved to $861.50.
Heineken-Ashi
Stopped out SMCI and re-engaged on new bottom with house money. Stop $858
Complete Idiot
CheladaAg said:

Stock market property demonstrating a trait not seen since 1929 is always comforting.
Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi said:

Stopped out SMCI and re-engaged on new bottom with house money. Stop $858
Stopped. Done for the day. $1,379 and -$300. I'll take my $1k and check it again on Monday to see if it SMCI can go get $1,000 again.
First Page Last Page
Page 6330 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.