Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,004,944 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by El_duderino
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anastasia Beaverhaven said:

ProgN said:

Anastasia Beaverhaven said:

ProgN said:

Talon2DSO said:

So you're saying I shoulda bought puts.....
I wouldn't step in front of that NVDA freight train, but they're going to have to crush earnings and guide above already increased earnings for the next qtr and rest of the year or I think they'll selloff and take almost everything with them. Be careful my friend.
Whats the play with NNOX today? Taking a steep dive already.
Did you hold with me Ms. Beaverhaven?
Sorry Prog. Got stopped out. You'll have to post better stocks (think SMCI) to get this beaver.

ProgN
AgEng06 said:

Are you out of NNOX now? Or still holding it for a push at some point?
I'm still in it. I own it at $9.64 so I don't see much downside risk at this level and it's such a small amount of capital that I'm not locked up.
AgEng06
AG
Thanks for the reply. I'm still following to see how this one plays out.
Heineken-Ashi
HRMY dropped into my buy zone. Stop $28.5. Target 1 - $38. Target 2 - $40. Great R/R
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

HRMY dropped into my buy zone. Stop $28.5. Target 1 - $38. Target 2 - $40. Great R/R
nice hammer on the 30 minute. I'll join

MARA: not sure bitcoin has the strength to keep rebounding here. Still eyeing 21.50 - 20 to reload?

Brewmaster
AG
added some ARM shares for a scalp, coiled into a wedge here intraday

poor man's SMCI, lol
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
I also jumped into HRMY.
Talon2DSO
AG
RIVN took a big hit today but I don't think they'll be down too long. Entered the $12.50c 4/5 at $0.77
AceAggie05
AG
Brewmaster said:

poor man's SMCI, lol
ARM is one of those stocks that scares me. I don't have enough experience to figure out what it's trying to do, and it doesn't have enough history to help me. This is one of those times where my inexperience may keep me from winning, but will also keep me from losing.
Legacy Work Spaces
Do you guys have any updated thoughts on Fisker? Its at 54 cents this morning with earnings due soon.
Legacy Work Spaces - www.LegacyWorkSpaces.com

Office Space - CoWorking- Meeting- Virtual Mail-Technology
EnronAg
AG
5,100 by end of day!
Brewmaster
AG
AceAggie05 said:

Brewmaster said:

poor man's SMCI, lol
ARM is one of those stocks that scares me. I don't have enough experience to figure out what it's trying to do, and it doesn't have enough history to help me. This is one of those times where my inexperience may keep me from winning, but will also keep me from losing.
Yep, same here. as Heineken has said before, ARM is literally a gamma squeeze/ pump. So while technicals matter some, it could certainly crater. I'm still holding the shares for this scalp, but probably take them off before close. $136 would get me about 3%. I'll take it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ProgN
Legacy Work Spaces said:

Do you guys have any updated thoughts on Fisker? Its at 54 cents this morning with earnings due soon.
They make exceptional scissors.
I bleed maroon
AG
ProgN said:

Legacy Work Spaces said:

They make exceptional scissors.

If you want my opinion on the car company, it's avoid at all costs. Henrik Fisker has basically been the kiss of death for any start-up he's a part of (check his history). The car designs are usually pretty good. Production has always been a nightmare for his ventures. EV makers are all hitting the skids, and I'm not sure there is even any appetite for acquisition of any higher quality EV manufacturers like Rivian. The company seems to be run on a shoestring - I think his wife is the CFO - make of that what you will.

I'd buy Rivian over Fisker. Even Lucid with it's deep-pocketed backers seems more likely to survive.
Brewmaster
AG
508 should be significant resistance - it's the top of the trend line going back to October of '22.

this could be the beginning of an island gap.

CheladaAg
AG
We are at a multi month macro resistance level. It would be incredible if we go any higher.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Took all TQQQ and SSO profits off the table today.

Still holding some TNA since it hasn't rallied with the rest of the market and has some room to go imo.
EnronAg
AG
CheladaAg said:

We are at a multi month macro resistance level. It would be incredible if we go any higher.
what is this "resistance" word you speak of?!?!
Heineken-Ashi
EnronAg said:

CheladaAg said:

what is this "resistance" word you speak of?!?!
bmoochie
AG
Missed the last few days so hopefully we got some good lottos for tomorrow as I'm ready to play in the sand!

I agree with progs thought on far out puts on spy. Probably won't go the 505s like you and look for something a bit cheaper. But those could definitely be very profitable as I just can't see a world we continue this crazy pace. Could be wrong though.
bmoochie
AG
Heineken let me know your thoughts on BA. I've been holding march puts for a little while and I really think we are about to break down. Feels it's bounced many times at support which means that level gets weaker and weaker. Feels like a bear flag since January. Just would like unbiased eyes on this and if I should exit since decay will start eating me up
Heineken-Ashi
bmoochie said:

Missed the last few days so hopefully we got some good lottos for tomorrow as I'm ready to play in the sand!

I agree with progs thought on far out puts on spy. Probably won't go the 505s like you and look for something a bit cheaper. But those could definitely be very profitable as I just can't see a world we continue this crazy pace. Could be wrong though.
Trying to time shorts can be very punishing, even if giving yourself plenty of time. I think I've said this before, but there will be plenty of chances to short once the market breaks some supports. It's fun to catch a top, but it can also be painful. Your best bet is to ride with the trend advising caution and moving stops up in periods of elevated greed and overbought technicals.
SW AG80
AG
OK, how many of you held on to SMCI and got rich?

Or at least owe a lot of $$$ for the taxes you have incurred.
E
AG
Owing alot of money from stocks sucks but it also means you did something right
SW AG80
AG
Absolutely right.
My dad always told me that the only thing worse than paying taxes is not having any income on which to pay taxes.
Brewmaster
AG
SW AG80 said:

OK, how many of you held on to SMCI and got rich?

Or at least owe a lot of $$$ for the taxes you have incurred.
several pages back someone posted they officially pulled off a 100 bagger on it. (with his remaining shares). He had sold most, but bought in around $10.

Epic!
HoustonAg_2009
ProgMan - Are you saying it's a good idea to start a small position in this?
WoMD
E said:

Or you could sell some of your WWR and never pay taxes on stock gains again...
ProgN
HoustonAg_2009 said:

ProgMan - Are you saying it's a good idea to start a small position in this?
I'm not looking to hold this like stocks TTD, SMCI, POWL, PANW, etc. I'm seeing if there's going to be a second wave. I rode it Friday from $10.07 at the open and sold at $12.86 later that morning. It did proceed to go to $14+ after I sold but I didn't care because you can't get mad at 25% ROI in a few hours. Stocks like this I've seen for years usually catch a second wave and people FOMO and push it up. They generally don't hit their high from the first wave so I'm not expecting it to hit almost $15. If the second wave does happen then it should hit $12+ and I'll sell. I'm in at $9.64 so it's like trading an option that doesn't expire. I also don't see much risk while I wait because NVDA invested in them. I wish some analyst would have asked the CEO why they're investing in a medical imaging company. They must see something with huge potential. My uneducated guess is that NVDA sees NNOX adding AI to immediately inform the doctors what it's detected in real time. The potential for NNOX if that comes to fruition could be massive. NVDA could also buy NNOX with a rounding error with how much profit they're generating so my downside risk is minimal. It's also not much cash to sideline in the event the second wave doesn't occur and I have to hold it.

Sorry for the format but it's been a long day.

TL;DR version: I see minimal risk at this price and good potential for a trade or even more if I have to hold it.
ProgN
WoMD said:

E said:

Or you could sell some of your WWR and never pay taxes on stock gains again...

GreasenUSA
AG
bmoochie said:

I just can't see a world we continue this crazy pace. Could be wrong though.
This pace was jaw-dropping 6 weeks ago. I don't even know what to call it now.

Since the October lows, we've had nearly 3 years worth of average annual S&P 500 returns. That's 27% in less than 4 months!
ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

bmoochie said:

Trying to time shorts can be very punishing, even if giving yourself plenty of time. I think I've said this before, but there will be plenty of chances to short once the market breaks some supports. It's fun to catch a top, but it can also be painful. Your best bet is to ride with the trend advising caution and moving stops up in periods of elevated greed and overbought technicals.
I'm betting that we'll have some retracement because I don't see any big catalyst earningwise with the mag 7 behind us. I'm not betting on a correction, but think a cooling off period is imminent. That's why I went with 505 and paid premium. I'm looking for a leveraged trade.
HoustonAg_2009
Thank you as always for your explanation and background for folks like myself. I'll throw some cheddar at NNOX. I assume you bought the dip of PANW a couple days ago?
ProgN
Yes, I bought my first entry yesterday in and around $275 at the open. I had another order for a second buy at $260, it's 200 DMA, and missed it by $.09. Sumamabich, it's low print was $260.09 yesterday, but it's a GTC order and I didn't chase so it's still open.
First Page Last Page
Page 6329 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.