Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,923,618 Views | 227784 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EnronAg said:

does SNAP ever not tank on earnings?!? my goodness, I cannot remember an ER where they didn't get slammed...but the trade is going long after ER as it seems like they recover every time...

Portnoy went long on it today. That guy is something fkn else
confucius_ag
AG
Palantir Technologies $PLTR up 31% in to the close

AWARDED A $650M CONTRACT FROM THE GENERAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATION

reedsterg
AG
Tibbers said:

AgEng06 said:

WTF GVSI?

It's going to be a roller coaster until we learn who the merging partner will be. I'm bummed it isn't today.

Seemed kinda shady how it all went down.
Heineken-Ashi
Snap crackled and popped.

El_duderino
Looks like it's got good upside IF it can break the $4 level
Tibbers
reedsterg said:

Tibbers said:

AgEng06 said:

WTF GVSI?

It's going to be a roller coaster until we learn who the merging partner will be. I'm bummed it isn't today.

Seemed kinda shady how it all went down.

To be expected in the OtC. I agree though. Super shady. Very slimey
Brewmaster
AG
El_duderino said:

Looks like NOV is in a good r/r position assuming a stop at $17
trend line going back to November of 2020 says it could hit $16. It seems to have some support here though too.

El_duderino
Yeah Heineken said it's off the list if below $17, and was looking at the $17 support level to base my potential position off of. Last time it crossed below it went all the way to $14
Heineken-Ashi
El_duderino said:

Yeah Heineken said it's off the list if below $17, and was looking at the $17 support level to base my potential position off of. Last time it crossed below it went all the way to $14
It's a high probability long term setup above $17. You don't want to see previous moves retrace more than 75%, and preferably closer to 50%. So hold $17, and it's pretty bullish looking. $16 can still work, but likely shifts the eventual upper target down and leads to a great chance of failure being that close to lower support.
RightWingConspirator
AG
I have been using Merrill Edge and I like it.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
RightWingConspirator said:

I have been using Merrill Edge and I like it.

Has the best credit card for unlimited cash back (2.625%) if you have $100k there.
Red Pear Jack
Sponsor
Schwab ain't implementing a market sweep anytime soon as that's there money maker. It's a pain but you just have to do it manually and park it in one of their treasury funds.

As far as their platform and especially now with ToS it's night and day better/simpler than anything else out there.

IBKR is super complicated (market data subscriptions, fix vs tiered pricing, and endless rabbit holes to fall through in their extremely convoluted website) and their trading platform is a clunker when compared to ToS. Also seemed like market research was harder to get or not as robust. However, it's super efficient when making trades and you get the best after hour market trading windows.

I like having both. But ToS is my go to.
El_duderino
Is UNFI trying to form a cup and handle? Uptrend Oct - December, then it looks like the cup has formed over the last month since the beginning of the year
ProgN
Red Pear Jack said:

Schwab ain't implementing a market sweep anytime soon as that's there money maker. It's a pain but you just have to do it manually and park it in one of their treasury funds.

As far as their platform and especially now with ToS it's night and day better/simpler than anything else out there.

IBKR is super complicated (market data subscriptions, fix vs tiered pricing, and endless rabbit holes to fall through in their extremely convoluted website) and their trading platform is a clunker when compared to ToS. Also seemed like market research was harder to get or not as robust. However, it's super efficient when making trades and you get the best after hour market trading windows.

I like having both. But ToS is my go to.
IDGAS about sweeping into higher yielding money market fund because I'm active and I more than make that interest up in stocks. However, I hate that their website doesn't run in real time for stocks, positions, balances, indexes, etc. If TDA had it back in the early 2000's then Schwab should be embarrassed that they make their clients constantly have to hit F'ing 'refresh' , especially when they bought TDA. I've let them know about it but they don't GAF. If it wasn't for TOS, I'd have left a long time ago. It pisses me off every time when I logon.

Ok, old man yelling at the clouds rant over, sorry.
Brewmaster
AG
El_duderino said:

Is UNFI trying to form a cup and handle? Uptrend Oct - December, then it looks like the cup has formed over the last month since the beginning of the year
technically I think it's still in a channel, but the last month does look like a cup.
Heineken-Ashi
AOSL - not great earnings, but not awful. Closed the lower $24.44 gap and sitting near support. My stop is $23.90.
Heineken-Ashi
Watch FUBO. Came down to ideal buy zone. Want to see it hold $1.65 and preferably $1.90
tailgatetimer10
AG
Holy crap this has fallen. I'm not sure who uses fubo but they botched their app update release last year. People were cancelling left and right. This was also right after announcing new regional sports networks and adding associated fees
Heineken-Ashi
If SPY and QQQ breakout this could be a very bullish day.
TheVarian
AG
What is the next stop for PLTR we said? $35?
nortex97
AG
Man, I keep waiting for this to stabilize but I don't know what it will bottom at. I'd think it would happen soon at this point.

AgShaun00
AG
WE got Bussey. BUY CALLS
Brewmaster
AG
AgShaun00 said:

WE got Bussey. BUY CALLS
lol, I approve this message
ProgN
I bot SPY 500c at .10 just now, expires today but it feels like SPY wants to breakthrough today
Spoony Love
AG
I'm on the right track. Bought tomorrow 500c at .25. Felt like a good gamble.
Chef Elko
AG
Was a little ahead of you, just went net free. Let's go 500!
Ag13
AG
nortex97 said:

Man, I keep waiting for this to stabilize but I don't know what it will bottom at. I'd think it would happen soon at this point.

A cable alternative that focuses on sports is not going to outlast the new ESPN/Fox/Turner sports platform.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

$5k incoming...
Brewmaster
AG
TheVarian said:

What is the next stop for PLTR we said? $35?
I believe Heineken planned to sell half his long term shares at $24.
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

timely sir! I saw a bigger IWM call buy too about same time. I'm in IWM and QQQ calls now
El_duderino
Got 1 500C for tomorrow after this small pullback
Number Monkey
AG
New to this forum, so be kind.

Anyone have a stock worth gambling on? I'm very happy with my portfolio, but have some extra funds I'd like to see if I can hit a home run on. Short-term or long-term. Doesn't matter.
Brewmaster
AG
from Heineken: ... GRPN
GRPN, in resistance zone where supply has flooded in last two times. Needs to hold $11 on any sell off to stay bullish. If so, $21 first target, then $27-$30 range.

----------------------------
my 2 cents, or 1, lol:
I wouldn't gamble with it, and I'd wait to enter, but zooming out it could make a nice Cup, back to 21, then on to 27-30 like Heineken said. retrace of it's move over the last week, in this box is back to $14. then set a stop below that (5 to 10%, 10% max). Knowing though that it could drop to 11 (and still be in this box). Below 11 and it's game over. A close above this box and I think it's game on.

Number Monkey
AG
Thanks, Brewmaster (and in turn, Heineken).

I gambled some funds on PRAX and it's really paid off. Now looking to take some of that and move to a new one. I'll definitely check this out!
jbeck3487
AG
I like ROKU right now. Looks to be forming a cup and is back over the 50dma, but it has to close over it.
First Page Last Page
Page 6299 of 6509

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.