Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,170,227 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiebrad94 said:

EngrAg14 said:

Market should be expecting the 1/4 rate increase that should be announced tomorrow correct?
Haven't seen rumblings of a 1/2 %, and if they hold again then the market booms.
Markets are predicting no more hikes at a 98% probability.
Markets react to what's behind them. They do not predict anything. Markets have been predicting no more rate increases for a year now. Markets predicted rates going down starting end of this year. Markets predicted 2023 at new lows, not almost back to ATH. Though markets might try to forecast future growth, they will pivot on a dime, sometimes on no news and at unpredictable times.

The FED might very well start cutting soon. The bond market has taken off and rates have come down. The FED follows the market historically and lets the treasury market tell them what to do. Any other lip service is just that, lip service. And when the FED drops rates, go look what happens. It doesn't cause rips. It's usually at the top or in the middle of the pain and after its too late. The market bottoms a year or more after the fed starts its cuts.
EnronAg
AG
looks like a good 30 year auction there...elevator back up!
Heineken-Ashi
Stock Markets - Page 6253 | TexAgs

Linking back to my post from Saturday evening. Tomorrow could be a catalyst.

Beer candles have resumed strong uptrend. Daily is very heated but weekly has some room above. F&G isn't peaking, but it's definitely leaning greedy. Trend strength is extremely high and trend is up. Last time it got this high? The top in July. Before that? September 2020. Both led to drops that turned media, public, and analysts bearish, only to find support and resume higher.

4800-5100 is firmly on the table as a possibility. 5300 might even be possible. By year end? Doubtful. The ideal scenario is a multi-week cool off into support and then engage a massive bull rally. Go ahead and tune out the media and the analysts arguing back and forth about endless scenarios and fundamentals. Be ready for a correction and be ready to buy the bottom. If it doesn't come, then we all watch in wonder. But now is not the time for FOMO. If you missed it, you missed it. It happens. There are other things with much more current upside available like energy, which is looking for a bottom that should come over the next couple of weeks up to couple of months. Energy is the only sector with strong selling and indicators approaching oversold. Lots of small caps just picking up off the ground as well, though I'd advise caution on small caps because RUT us likely due a little pullback as well.
ProgN
docaggie said:

Looking at the next 30 days of calls, there is zero open interest above $30.
I guess I don't know enough to understand that behavior.
Is it because of the warrants?

And with the warrants, you get 40% of your current holdings. You can exercise them at $33 per share.
But they also said that if you exercise them you get bonus shares as well of 0.5.
So, am I reading this correctly that you would exercise and basically get 1.5 shares for $33?
The zero OI doesn't surprise me because this is a hero or zero trade and they're not going to announce any significant news in the next 30 days.

https://www.tipranks.com/news/press-releases/cassava-sciences-announces-dividend-distribution-of-warrants-to-shareholders

Quote:

Details of Warrant Distribution
Stockholders will receive 4 warrants for each 10 shares of common stock held as of the Record Date, rounded down to the nearest whole number for any fractional warrant. As an example, a shareholder who owns 1,000 shares of Cassava Sciences will receive 400 warrants plus, as applicable and as described below, the Bonus Share Fraction. Each warrant will entitle the holder to purchase, at the holder's sole and exclusive election, one share of common stock at an initial exercise price of $33.00 per share plus, as applicable and as described below, the Bonus Share Fraction.

After the Distribution Date, warrant holders may cash-exercise their warrants, or they may sell their warrants on the open market. The Company will receive cash proceeds only from warrant holders who exercise their warrants. Warrant holders may exercise their warrants as will be specified under the terms of a warrant agreement that is expected to be filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") on or about January 3, 2024.

All warrants will expire on Friday, November 15, 2024, at 5:00 p.m. New York City time, unless redeemed by the Company before that date. The warrants will be redeemable by the Company on or after April 15, 2024, upon 20 calendar days' notice.

A Q&A regarding this warrant distribution has been posted in the Investor's section of the Company's website, https://www.CassavaSciences.com
Quote:

Details of Bonus Share Program
The Bonus Share Fraction entitles a holder to receive an additional 0.5 of a share of common stock for each warrant exercised (the "Bonus Share Fraction") without payment of any additional exercise price. After the Distribution Date, the right to receive the Bonus Share Fraction will expire at 5:00 p.m. New York City time (the "Bonus Share Expiration Date") upon the earlier of (i) the first business day following the last day of the first 30 consecutive trading day period in which the daily volume weighted average price ("VWAP") of the shares of common stock has been at least equal to a specified price, initially $26.40 per share, for at least 20 trading days (whether or not consecutive) (the "Bonus Price Condition") and (ii) the date specified by the Company upon not less than 20 business days' public notice. Any warrant exercised after the Bonus Share Expiration Date will not be entitled to the Bonus Share Fraction.

The Company will make a public announcement of the Bonus Share Expiration Date (i) prior to market open on the Bonus Share Expiration Date in the case of a Bonus Price Condition and (ii) at least 20 business days prior to such date, in the case of the Company setting a Bonus Share Expiration Date.

The distribution of the warrants has not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), because the issuance of a distribution in the form of a warrant for no consideration is not a sale or disposition of a security or interest in a security for value pursuant to Section 2(a)(3) of the Securities Act. The Company expects to file with the SEC a prospectus supplement, under its existing shelf registration statement, registering the shares of common stock underlying the warrants.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm almost fully out of leveraged positions at this point, except for TNA and UPRO.

Took my profits today on SOXL, TQQQ, and closed out on SSO last week.
Heineken-Ashi
ACAD
joekm3
AG
ACAD is moving well today. It has broken the $24-25. Are you still comfortable riding it to $33.75?
El_duderino
I was just about to say something. Got in below $21 and it's moving big today
Heineken-Ashi
joekm3 said:

ACAD is moving well today. It has broken the $24-25. Are you still comfortable riding it to $33.75?
I normally don't like huge immediate spikes outside of earnings when playing shares. They seem to retrace quickly. But I'm playing gap fill. My basis was $22.

Citigroup just initiated coverage with $38 price target.
Heineken-Ashi
If you are risk adverse and got in at $21, you've made $6-$7 at this very moment. You have to decide if you want to leave it on the table or continue on.
joekm3
AG
I got in just below 21 and just raised my stop loss to $26. If it I stop out, I'll consider getting back in at a lower price rinse and repeat. Rookie here so thanks for your insight.
Talon2DSO
AG
Wwr to the moon!!!

Ok not really but it hit 70 cents. Which is the most life it's had in a long time
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Anyone have any informed thoughts about the call tomorrow? Reverse split? Funding? Buyout? Bankruptcy?

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Anyone have any informed thoughts about the call tomorrow? Reverse split? Funding? Buyout? Bankruptcy?

My money is on reverse split to get shares above $1 to keep listed.

Would also put 5% probability on potential funding. Maybe not all but a chunk.
bigtoneag
AG
Conference call to announce a reverse split? There's gotta be more.
fightintxag13
AG
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
But also

Could it be the jpm collar?
SoTXAg09
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

ACAD

Son of a… I was getting greedy and waiting for a reversal candle and missed out on this beauty. Well done
willowratio
AG
Wasn't this call announced back on November 15 like they always do after they announce quarterly business and financial updates? So expecting nothing of note.
Heineken-Ashi

Quote:

Delaware has granted summary judgment to Acadia, confirming validity of the NUPLAZID (pimavanserin) '740 composition of matter patent. The court ruled in favor of Acadia on all grounds. The ruling came in Acadia's litigation against MSN Laboratories Pvt. Ltd., MSN Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and other ANDA (Abbreviated New Drug Application) filers and concludes this litigation in the District Court.

"We are very pleased that the Court has made its final decision on this matter, ruling strongly in favor of Acadia. We advanced two legal arguments to support our position and, while we only needed to win on one, the Court ruled in our favor on both arguments," said Steve Davis, President and Chief Executive Officer of Acadia Pharmaceuticals. "This outcome demonstrates Acadia's commitment to protecting our innovations in new treatments for disorders with high unmet need."

The '740 composition of matter patent protects NUPLAZID into 2030. Acadia markets two forms of NUPLAZID, a 34mg capsule and a 10mg tablet. In addition to the '740 patent, Acadia has an issued method of use patent that protects the 10mg tablet to 2037 and multiple issued formulation patents that protect the 34mg capsule into 2038.

bigtoneag
AG
willowratio said:

Wasn't this call announced back on November 15 like they always do after they announce quarterly business and financial updates? So expecting nothing of note.
You're right. Looks like they just double up with another press release.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
I don't think so. Earnings call was about a month ago, this call was announced yesterday.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Had a trailing buy on TNA which executed and gave me 5% profit in a matter of minutes.
EnronAg
AG
was not expecting that much dovishness...don't expect the first move to reverse this time...it's off to the races!!!
bigtoneag
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

I don't think so. Earnings call was about a month ago, this call was announced yesterday.
Check the very last paragraph of their Q3 earning release.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
bigtoneag said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

Check the very last paragraph of their Q3 earning release.
Save us a click?
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Correct, this is what I was referring to in my post yesterday. I think we're all saying the same thing, but I can't imagine they would schedule a call just to announce a reverse split. I imagine it's about the PEA or financing update.

My post from yesterday:

The earnings call last month anticipated a likely update on financing and/or update on the economic assessment report during the current quarter. Let's hope for both and both are positive since they're scheduling a call instead of just a press release.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Coosa Graphite Deposit Update

During the third quarter, Wes****er continued its third-party consultant's work on the preliminary economic assessment
("PEA") for the Coosa Graphite Deposit. The PEA will expand on the Technical Report Summary ("TRS") that was prepared as
an initial assessment in accordance with S-K 1300 and filed with the SEC on Form 8-K on December 6, 2022. The PEA will
include an economic assessment based on the TRS and an initial mine plan. Wes****er still expects to complete and
disclose the results of the PEA in the fourth quarter of 2023.

Upon completion of the PEA, Wes****er anticipates commencing a strategic financing review process for the Coosa
Graphite Deposit. This strategic financing review process will seek to identify financial investment sources and
partners for the Coosa Graphite Deposit and may include review of strategic investment partners or other strategic
transactions.
bigtoneag
AG
Live Conference Call

Management will host a conference call to provide a business update to investors on December 14, 2023. Conference call information related to this business update will be announced ahead of the call.
E
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Had a trailing buy on TNA which executed and gave me 5% profit in a matter of minutes.

Make that 9% in just under an hour.
El_duderino
Took a nice win since I'm more risk averse.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
fightintxag13 said:

RIP
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

fightintxag13 said:

RIP
tremble
AG
Rocket ship America baby!!
First Page Last Page
Page 6255 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.