Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,170,264 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's driving SOXL?
Heineken-Ashi
Talon2DSO said:

Sava come alive today
I sold calls. Basis is like $1.00. Expecting retracement. If called out, I'll take the massive gain.
ProgN
spud1910 said:

Shout out to Prog! Thanks for the alert on Tel and Wal. Both up about 15% after you last brought to our attention.
Thanks doc, but I didn't bring up TEL, that credit goes to someone else.
aggiebrad94
AG
I downloaded Telegram but can't find OA1's feed. Any advice?
GreasenUSA
AG
aggiebrad94 said:

I downloaded Telegram but can't find OA1's feed. Any advice?
I messaged Jeff over the weekend on it, but he hasn't logged in since Friday.

https://t.me/JeffOA1

https://t.me/oa1TGMemBot
EnronAg
AG
if CPI doesn't come in hot this week, this market is just gonna rip...and I just see there's no way they don't manipulate the numbers this week to get some year-end window dressing in...SPX above 4,750 before year-end after some "fake" cool CPI numbers are presented...
ProgN
EnronAg said:

if CPI doesn't come in hot this week, this market is just gonna rip...and I just see there's no way they don't manipulate the numbers this week to get some year-end window dressing in...SPX above 4,750 before year-end after some "fake" cool CPI numbers are presented...
I hope you're right because I'm planning to cash in a lot of my trades Jan 2 and book the profits. The markets are way overextended and I prefer to have a pile of cash to redeploy when they correct.
EnronAg
AG
BAM...new high...choo choo!!!!!!

ATH coming on CPI day
aggiebrad94
AG
EnronAg said:

if CPI doesn't come in hot this week, this market is just gonna rip...
Headline number will be 3.0%
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
aggiebrad94 said:

EnronAg said:

If Core CPI comes in under 4%, it's gonna light us into the stratosphere
lobwedgephil
Would pay more attention to 30 yr auction tomorrow.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Strongly considering selling my AAPL stock. It's near its ATH, the company is valued at $3T, and I feel like it might be about to plateau.

Don't particularly need the cash right now, but I would probably throw it into a Schwab money market (5.25%) for a while.

Am I being dumb?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Yes. Don't sell the Apple.

If Warren Buffets liquidated $28.5B worth of stock this year and it has not been Apple, I don't see why you should either.
Bocephus
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Strongly considering selling my AAPL stock. It's near its ATH, the company is valued at $3T, and I feel like it might be about to plateau.

Don't particularly need the cash right now, but I would probably throw it into a Schwab money market (5.25%) for a while.

Am I being dumb?

We're you typing this on an iPhone?
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nope.

I say this often, the only Apple product I like is its stock.
Boat Shoes
AG
Predictions?

https://wes****erresources.net/news-releases/2023/12/12/wes****er-resources-announces-investor-conference-call/

Ugh, filter. WWR announced an investor update for Thursday. No details given.
EnronAg
AG
aggiebrad94 said:

EnronAg said:

don't know what the whisper numbers are as they are completely made up...but i bet all come in 0.1 cooler and the market just rips...will hit ATH this week...
AgCPA95
AG
southernskies
Is there a reason/theme behind all of these big oil companies buying up other companies? I know they are flush with cash from the last couple of years but it's almost like I'm seeing an arms race happen.

I'd be curious to know historical performance of companies post mergers. I'd estimate some growing pains and inefficiencies. And also maybe some misrepresentations in terms of outlook. But gobbling up market share has its value too…
txaggie_08
AG
Pretty much all (top tier) acreage at this point is leased up and being developed. Over time companies have drilled up tier one acreage, and are needing to acquire to bolster their acreage and reserves for future development. XOM and CVX have ambitious growth goals in the Permian that can basically only be hit through acquisitions.
fightintxag13
AG
Anyone have any thoughts on Oracle being down over 10% after their earnings? I didn't think their earnings report was that bad. Seems like a buying opportunity.
Chef Elko
AG
I would like to add there is a large gap between the haves and have nots, the large cap vs small-mid cap oil and gas companies. Money pretty much dried up for SMIDs or is significantly costlier than large caps, they are running out of inventory and can't finance more and the ebitda multiples on SMID caps are far less than what the large caps are trading at.

The large caps can simply buy smaller companies at low multiples and instantly be ahead when your ebitda trading multiple is significantly higher and you have access to capital markets. So OXY simply just issued debt and bought it, very debt heavy deal.

However, OXY went bonkers and WAY overpaid but they did that with Anadarko and ended up fine, not sustainable if you rely on commodity prices to bail you out. Looking like some of the highest per location cost of any Permian deal. It's certainly and arms race to OXY.
bmoochie
AG
Don't have anything in it anymore but SAVA is absolutely on a tear these last 3 days.
ProgN
bmoochie said:

Don't have anything in it anymore but SAVA is absolutely on a tear these last 3 days.
Quote:

Cassava Sciences Announces Dividend Distribution of Warrants to Shareholders
Briefing.com - 9:15 AM ET
AUSTIN, Texas, Dec. 12, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cassava Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: SAVA) ("Cassava Sciences" or the "Company") today announced a pro rata dividend distribution of warrants to holders of the Company's common stock as of December 22, 2023 (the "Record Date"). Shareholders will receive 4 warrants for each 10 shares of common stock held as of the Record Date, subject to rounding. Cassava Sciences will distribute the warrants to shareholders on or about January 3, 2024 (the "Distribution Date"). After the Distribution Date, the warrants are expected to list and trade on Nasdaq, separate from Cassava Sciences' common stock, under the ticker SAVAW.Click here for full release.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
The earnings call last month anticipated a likely update on financing and/or update on the economic assessment report during the current quarter. Let's hope for both and both are positive since they're scheduling a call instead of just a press release.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
So i sold dec22 calls on my shares that are now itm. Wonder if i am still a holder of record and still get the warrants if my shares get called away the same day?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
LUV $30
EngrAg14
AG
Market should be expecting the 1/4 rate increase that should be announced tomorrow correct?
Haven't seen rumblings of a 1/2 %, and if they hold again then the market booms.
jbeck3487
AG
TSLA is in a darvis box on the daily. It bounced off the 50d today. I would love to see the 50d move to the bottom of the box. Then have it break the 50d and darvis box at the same time.
Talon2DSO
AG
Anyone familiar with sentinelone (s)?
BT1395
AG
EngrAg14 said:

Market should be expecting the 1/4 rate increase that should be announced tomorrow correct?
Haven't seen rumblings of a 1/2 %, and if they hold again then the market booms.

That's not at all what I'm seeing nor expecting. I strongly believe the Fed is done hiking.
Heineken-Ashi
Waiting for USO to hit $63 to sell Jan $61 puts. Looking for close to $2.00 in premium and to buy back when USO gets above $67-$68.
aggiebrad94
AG
EngrAg14 said:

Markets are predicting no more hikes at a 98% probability.
Ag13
AG
EngrAg14 said:

If we get a rate increase tomorrow it will come so far out of left field that the market will tank. There is a virtual 100% probability of holding - any booming tomorrow will be based on comments at Powell's press conference and the Summary of Economic Projections that may give some idea of future direction of interest rate moves (which most likely means - how much and how often they may cut next year).
docaggie
AG
Looking at the next 30 days of calls, there is zero open interest above $30.
I guess I don't know enough to understand that behavior.
Is it because of the warrants?

And with the warrants, you get 40% of your current holdings. You can exercise them at $33 per share.
But they also said that if you exercise them you get bonus shares as well of 0.5.
So, am I reading this correctly that you would exercise and basically get 1.5 shares for $33?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Page Last Page
Page 6254 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.