Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,170,880 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Copa515
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
confucius_ag said:

Anyone confident XOM holds 110 handle this time??? Yeah me neither.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Confucius

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AMC squeeze. Threw in a little fun money this week that just went green.
Towns03
AG
confucius_ag said:

Anyone confident XOM holds 110 handle this time??? Yeah me neither.

I wanted to ask the same question but this thread is better with only a scattering of noob posts. My cost average is bad - break even around $110. Should I hold or unload before something tanks?

Edit: putting autocorrect in its place
Post removed:
by user
planoaggie123
AG
This is the kind of advice that keeps people winning around here....
Cromagnum
AG
planoaggie123 said:

This is the kind of advice that keeps people winning around here....

I mean, if you always sell higher than you bought, you will never lose money. I don't know why more people don't always do that.
fightintxag13
AG
4530 rejected a 3rd time today on S&P Futures
ryanhnc10
AG
What are the boards thoughts on CHWY? Anyone have a strong opinion?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
ryanhnc10 said:

I actually love it long term and I have buy orders set up at $23.95 and will also go in for calls at that point. I'm not nearly the chart reader some of you are but it looks like it has a chance to get down there especially if the market as a whole pulls back some. I'm going to watch it and if I feel like its got legs up I might just cancel out the $23.95 and buy higher. Barring a market mess I think it's got potential to be $40+.

It's also currently barely trading at over its revs.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

MS downgrades crwd 3 days before earnings. Hmmm...

Dirty a-holes
Heineken-Ashi
Tonight is the first edition of "NAME THAT STOCK". Winner gets a Heineken.

This is an example of something that's performed very strong for the last year, but that I would NOT be jumping in at this point in time. And if I was in, I'd be taking profits, significantly lowering my basis, or getting out.

What would I need to see to jump in or feel bullish? First would be a volume spike that breaks the spike downtrend. Second would be a daily volume average trending back upward. This is a stock that looks like it needs to correct down to between $75 and $90 where it has varying degrees of historical support that would serve as a launchpad upward. If it gets into that range, I might consider buying with a tight stop.

"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Tonight is the first edition of "NAME THAT STOCK". Winner gets a Heineken.

This is an example of something that's performed very strong for the last year, but that I would NOT be jumping in at this point in time. And if I was in, I'd be taking profits, significantly lowering my basis, or getting out.

What would I need to see to jump in or feel bullish? First would be a volume spike that breaks the spike downtrend. Second would be a daily volume average trending back upward. This is a stock that looks like it needs to correct down to between $75 and $90 where it has varying degrees of historical support that would serve as a launchpad upward. If it gets into that range, I might consider buying with a tight stop.

Lol tell us before market opens do we can buy puts
southernskies
ASO up bigly premarket
cryption
If academy sold groceries I wouldn't shop anywhere else
HoustonAg2014
AG
If it holds, buying at $50 and selling those calls for 6% 3 weeks out might have been the easiest money I've ever made…
fightintxag13
AG
fightintxag13 said:

Lots of good breakouts today. I really like the look of several charts, including the major indexes.

I took opening positions in SPXL (just a short term swing trade) and some SHOP calls (9/29 $63 strike). I also re-entered into LADR shares although admittedly I'm a few days late to that party. TSLA and AAPL look ripe for a run, but I'm already in long term shares on AAPL. Banks look like they're about ready to rumble as well, but I'm not quite ready to enter anything there yet.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot so take it for what it's worth. If anyone disagrees with my take, I welcome feedback/criticism.
https://content.seleritycorp.com/hosted2/assets/www/FF7RhAe3uC8o-CuXHuK4iqBxjldBkH-eVjAgYInCBBo

Well these worked out nicely!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
southernskies said:

ASO up bigly premarket

Perfect example of why you should scale in and out of moves you believe in. I posted earlier I was buying calls but waiting for shares to go down a bit more. The calls move was great, the wait for more pull back was dumb. I literally lost out on the shares move over an order not filling at 30 cents off. Luckily I did buy calls too but still.
cgh1999
AG
cryption said:

If academy sold groceries I wouldn't shop anywhere else

They sell fishing gear, tackle, guns and ammo - which is basically all the groceries I need.
Philip J Fry
AG
Living in California and Colorado, I sorely miss Academy. They would wipe the floor with Big 5
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Yeah but sportsmans warehouse is awesome
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

southernskies said:

ASO up bigly premarket

Perfect example of why you should scale in and out of moves you believe in. I posted earlier I was buying calls but waiting for shares to go down a bit more. The calls move was great, the wait for more pull back was dumb. I literally lost out on the shares move over an order not filling at 30 cents off. Luckily I did buy calls too but still.

I feel you. I was going to buy the shares but didn't want to roll the dice on earnings given dicks recent rout. I was looking at calls but didn't do it for the same reason as above. Now I've missed the entire trade. Oh well
I live to fight another day
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
CHWY is down significantly today. Going to keep an eye on this one. Might be another shares + calls type thing for me. There might however still be some potential pain in store for this one today and to close out the week.
txaggieacct85
AG
ryanhnc10 said:

no, but I do now
gougler08
AG

CHWY is down significantly today. Going to keep an eye on this one. Might be another shares + calls type thing for me. There might however still be some potential pain in store for this one today and to close out the week.
Strong support in the $22's so I'm looking to enter and a stop-loss if that breaks
permabull
AG
Stocks only go up
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
gougler08 said:

Strong support in the $22's so I'm looking to enter and a stop-loss if that breaks

+14% revs over last year, $100mm cash flow, ticker nearing its support. I'm going in on long calls. Will post once I get to my computer to see full chain.
Ags2013
AG
PLTR getting killed today. Doesn't seem to be a catalyst.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Ags2013 said:

Long term it's a great hold imo.
frankm01
$PSHG on a move up the last few days. Was brought up on this board last year. 2MM stock repurchase completed and another 2MM announced.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG

gougler08 said:

+14% revs over last year, $100mm cash flow, ticker nearing its support. I'm going in on long calls. Will post once I get to my computer to see full chain.

I have an order in for a Oct 20 C $22.50 @ $2.40. Lets see if it gets filled, I might change the price up a bit end of day if it hasn't hit.
Barty Dont Hedge
WOOF Looks way oversold. Cheap Calls for September look like an easy bagger
OCT 6C might be even better
ProgN
Ags2013 said:

Quote:

*Palantir shares are trading lower after Morgan Stanley downgraded the stock from Equal-Weight to Underweight but raised its price target from $8 to $9.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Barty Dont Hedge said:

CHWY isn't dragging this down is it? I haven't read up on it , anything else to know?
Barty Dont Hedge

Barty Dont Hedge said:

CHWY isn't dragging this down is it? I haven't read up on it , anything else to know?
I believe it is similar Q2 performance and skepticism of discretionary spending, but it looks like a cheap play that is oversold to me.
Heineken-Ashi

gougler08 said:

Why calls on a huge down day? Why let theta decay even have a chance?

If valuation is truly at long term support, then why not shares where time isn't your enemy? Just curious.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
First Page Last Page
Page 6213 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.