Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,169,496 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
txaggieacct85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
is CVS a buy?

Average for analyst is $94
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

gougler08 said:

CHWY is down significantly today. Going to keep an eye on this one. Might be another shares + calls type thing for me. There might however still be some potential pain in store for this one today and to close out the week.
Strong support in the $22's so I'm looking to enter and a stop-loss if that breaks

+14% revs over last year, $100mm cash flow, ticker nearing its support. I'm going in on long calls. Will post once I get to my computer to see full chain.
Why calls on a huge down day? Why let theta decay even have a chance?

If valuation is truly at long term support, then why not shares where time isn't your enemy? Just curious.

Kinda hit on this a few pages back but a lil more in depth...

I was pretty active in the market in 20-21 did fairly well, then basically took 22 off with lots of things on my plate and just no time to trade. I basically just sat on long holds and didn't do any calls except if I saw a real slam dunk but it was hard to find those with no time on my hands.

Now basically I'm just really looking at overbought and oversolds and doing long calls and puts trying to use charts and patterns to give myself a good shot that at some point early in the hold I'll be able to get to +15-20% and then I'm making my exit. So far I'm having reasonable success using this strategy and there's been a couple of tickers I coulda walked away with over 50% but instead walked at +12-20%. I'm trying to get more disciplined at walking when I see a healthy 15-20%. Obviously this will not work all the time, and there will be times I take losses but right now this strategy has me +8% in July, and +11% in Aug mtd. I'm buying shares too when I really like something for longer holds.
Heineken-Ashi
That's right, we did discuss your strategy last week, and I believe I advised you to utilize heavier position sizing to generate opportunities to lower basis once that 15-20% threshold gets hit, leaving a runner or two to go for gold.

I hate watching people throw money away when valuations make sense because they think they can "catch" a big move. Just wanted to make sure you were managing risk.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
confucius_ag
AG
ProgN said:

Ags2013 said:

PLTR getting killed today. Doesn't seem to be a catalyst.
Quote:

*Palantir shares are trading lower after Morgan Stanley downgraded the stock from Equal-Weight to Underweight but raised its price target from $8 to $9.

BoA maintained 18 target just days ago.

If it gets below 10 again I would hope the buyback program would kick in.
PeekingDuck
AG
I really don't see how - they just lost BCBS. Maybe it all sorts out, but they don't seem to have their head on straight.
txaggieacct85
AG
PeekingDuck said:

I really don't see how - they just lost BCBS. Maybe it all sorts out, but they don't seem to have their head on straight.
I think them and Walgreens are losing their minds with Amazon pharmacy and Cost Plus drugs closing in on them.
PeekingDuck
AG
It is a tough industry, but Walgreens has managed to not piss off BCBS at least. Well, not to the same extent as CVS. I'm sure they still hate each other.
South Platte
Fox Business just had the CEO of Mullen on for a few minutes. Totally clueless about the lawsuit his company filed. He looked like the company janitor.
ProgN
confucius_ag said:

ProgN said:

Ags2013 said:

Quote:

*Palantir shares are trading lower after Morgan Stanley downgraded the stock from Equal-Weight to Underweight but raised its price target from $8 to $9.

I'll load the boat if it does.
ProgN
confucius_ag said:

ProgN said:

Ags2013 said:

Quote:

This came out yesterday and it went on to set a new 52 week high.

Quote:

Fastly Is Maintained at Sell by Citigroup
2:05 pm ET August 30, 2023 (Dow Jones) Print

Ratings actions from Benzinga: https://www.benzinga.com/quote/FSLY/analyst-ratings

2023-08-30 18:05:00 GMT DJ Fastly Price Target Raised to $10.00/Share From $8.00 by Citigroup
ProgN
What does $MDB do?
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Make Dollar Bills?
ProgN
true
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
That ASO call was up 62% at one point today
txaggieacct85
AG

I made a 49% return.

bought sept 1 call on Tuesday and sold it today
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
txaggieacct85 said:

I made a 49% return.

bought sept 1 call on Tuesday and sold it today

Good discipline. That's what I'm battling right now. Greed vs Discipline. But like I and the other poster said before if you scale in on moves you have conviction in, then you can be both disciplined and greedy and make out nicely.
Buck Compton
AG
South Platte said:

Fox Business just had the CEO of Mullen on for a few minutes. Totally clueless about the lawsuit his company filed. He looked like the company janitor.
Yikes, man. He didn't have a clue about any part of his business.

And we wonder why experts are shorting the stock.
Cromagnum
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Make Dollar Bills?

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
You guys got any thoughts on shorting meta for September? Sep has not been a good mth in recent years for the overall market.
ProgN

I saw this commercial on tv last night and almost spit beer out of my nose.

Happy Friday and here's to a long weekend with the return of Fighting Texas Aggie Football! WHOOP!!
Spoony Love
AG
Dude, hilarious. At least it wasn't some sort of medication, just some manscaping needed.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Tonight is the first edition of "NAME THAT STOCK". Winner gets a Heineken.

This is an example of something that's performed very strong for the last year, but that I would NOT be jumping in at this point in time. And if I was in, I'd be taking profits, significantly lowering my basis, or getting out.

What would I need to see to jump in or feel bullish? First would be a volume spike that breaks the spike downtrend. Second would be a daily volume average trending back upward. This is a stock that looks like it needs to correct down to between $75 and $90 where it has varying degrees of historical support that would serve as a launchpad upward. If it gets into that range, I might consider buying with a tight stop.

you gonna tell us what this was chief?
Heineken-Ashi
Nobody made a guess.

"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Went ahead and took out a put on Meta.

9/22 P $315 @ a pricey $19.65
Spoony Love
AG
Closest I could find is PSX?
Heineken-Ashi
Spoony Love said:

Closest I could find is PSX?
PSX chart is performing like a standard midstream chart. Go compare it to ET, EPD, MMP. Similar look coming off 2020 low.

The chart I posted has been more boom or bust since 2020.

The answer is GE. And if you go back to page 1 of this thread, you will find that the recent high range it's been in is pretty much a Model-T of the 2016 to 2020 range. The goal was to show you how to use volume in multiple ways to determine market interest and technical movements. We couple volume with beer candles to determine the trend and the strength of the trend. In this case, the trend is showing signs of slowing. And you should always know where a stock is in the grand scale. This one is at MAJOR resistance being the Model-T level. There's tons of screaming signs to stay away or take profits.
Spoony Love
AG
Jeez, Louise. I have that at the bottom of my watch list and just needed to scroll down. Haven't looked at it in awhile. Good find!

So are we looking for a correction?
bmoochie
Chef Elko
AG
NIO is quite the rollercoaster
Heineken-Ashi
Check daily and weekly candles. Note where the 50 period, 200 period, and 500 period SMA. Compare those to previous points of price support and resistance on each timeframe. Make sure you know where the model-T's are of any big move, especially the ones that haven't been hit yet. Then take note of the average volume levels from those historic S&R levels. Look for a volume spike around that time that hasn't been seen again and note that as your left goalpost. Put an alert in for volume that is under that amount but over any other daily or weekly volume amount to the right of it. When your alert goes off, if price is in any of your strike zones and beer candles have reversed upward or shown signs of indecision, consider entry using the recent low or closest support zone as your stop. The minimum target should be Model-T back upward where you profit take or lower basis. Maximum target can be even higher using historical resistance zones that haven't been touched yet.

And what do we do if the stock moves higher without correcting first?
Chef Elko
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Tonight is the first edition of "NAME THAT STOCK". Winner gets a Heineken.

This is an example of something that's performed very strong for the last year, but that I would NOT be jumping in at this point in time. And if I was in, I'd be taking profits, significantly lowering my basis, or getting out.

What would I need to see to jump in or feel bullish? First would be a volume spike that breaks the spike downtrend. Second would be a daily volume average trending back upward. This is a stock that looks like it needs to correct down to between $75 and $90 where it has varying degrees of historical support that would serve as a launchpad upward. If it gets into that range, I might consider buying with a tight stop.

GE?

Edit - Wow. Didn't see you answered already. I thought GE just from the first few sentences before even seeing the chart and price lol. That's so GE
DDub74
Y'all are much smarter than me on this stuff, but my Spidey senses are tingling based on what I am reading, talking with clients and real estate experts, etc. that the tide is slowing turning now. My gut is telling me its time to batten down the hatches. 2024 is going to be a **** show.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
DDub74 said:

Y'all are much smarter than me on this stuff, but my Spidey senses are tingling based on what I am reading, talking with clients and real estate experts, etc. that the tide is slowing turning now. My gut is telling me its time to batten down the hatches. 2024 is going to be a **** show.

You have no idea….

I make the jokes to my commercial buddies all the time saying "well at least we're not in the office space business?"
Ag92NGranbury
AG
i concur...

i'm seeing lots of things happening now that aren't suppose to happen

be prepared!
Fredd
AG
Can y'all give examples of these things you're referring to? My curiosity is peaked
First Page Last Page
Page 6214 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.