Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,172,838 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Getting close to buying MARA. $10 range seems like it could be trigger pull territory.

Weekly

Daily

I would stop at $8.45 which around the previous low, but if massively oversold, would potentially wait for a small bounce before just jumping out.

This is a trade where you don't even need new highs to have great profit. You just need 50% of previous high back up.
I like it... MARA daily looks a lot like NIO too. Except NIO is a few days ahead. It seems to have bottomed yesterday, higher lows today and had a nice buy this morning that immediately got knocked back by an 800k share sell.

spud1910
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Everybody loaded up on smci?
I dipped my toes in.
reedsterg
AG
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but did anyone else get the mailing for CLOV litigation?

https://www.cloverhealthsecuritieslitigation.com
spud1910
AG
I did. I also got something through IBKR.
fightintxag13
AG
Got it as well.
agdaddy04
AG
Yep, sure did. Making sure, but y'all just shred those, right?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
ProgN said:

I added more today at 30Ks 245 level

Is this a long term hold for you, or are you just holding until it fills the gap?

Next resistance if it keeps falling would be around $217?
Philip J Fry
AG
That's how i see it. I'm sitting in the sidelines until then.

Also, I know predictable and natgas are oxymorons, but go look at how UNG has been doing the last few months. Looking to buy in next time it touches the lower BB.
ProgN
Definitely Not A Cop said:

ProgN said:

Is this a long term hold for you, or are you just holding until it fills the gap?

I'm planting this stock. I believe that it will provide incredible returns and reward patience.
fightintxag13
AG

ProgN said:

There's also a huge gap down at $168. I hope it doesn't drop that far for those that have already started positions, but it's something to be aware of.
Philip J Fry
AG
ProgN said:

ProgN said:

I'm planting this stock. I believe that it will provide incredible returns and reward patience.

What makes you say that? I don't know enough about the company to have an opinion outside of the technicals.
Ag CPA
AG
Seems to be a pattern this month of starting slightly red, pushing up and going green around lunch before dropping to session lows in the afternoon, see if it happens again today.
Towns03
AG
fightintxag13 said:

ProgN said:

There's also a huge gap down at $168. I hope it doesn't drop that far for those that have already started positions, but it's something to be aware of.
101 question here:

what makes the price points mentioned here a 'gap' that it could retrace to? volume? if so, what's a good place to track volume outside of paid trading platforms? TIA
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
If you are looking at a candle chart, anywhere a gap between bars is shown from a big spike in price. Those typically* get "filled" which means the price will come back to the gap.

https://www.investopedia.com/thmb/mOUo6_Fvg3qBGFQtqTTc5s-3mKw=/1500x0/filters:no_upscale():max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/ApplGapchart-f098113d51f44ceb8d78653daeb57831.png

*Typically, not always.
Philip J Fry
AG
Gaps are self explanatory once you see them. Marked 2 of them here.
Heineken-Ashi
Gap fills are some of the easiest trades to make in situations where a stock gets extremely overheated or oversold. Even more so when it's because of a fad and magic words like "AI". Often times, a stock that goes parabolic to the upside will come fill a lower gap back down to or near the area it was before it exploded. That will usually mark a pivot zone and massive buy in opportunity.

If you want to see what the future is for SMCI, change to weekly candles, or even monthly. You're looking at a stock that was well beyond "overbought" no matter the timeframe you look at. Best case is that it sits in the $200-$300 range for a year or two. What's not likely to happen is another explosion upward like the one in 2023. The only thing that will likely cause that is some sort of massive stimulus event that affects the whole market. SMCI is in a cool down phase, and I doubt its a quick one. For the sake of those who already jumped in, I surely hope I'm wrong and will celebrate my wrongness with you if I am.
"H-A: In return for the flattery, can you reduce the size of your signature? It's the only part of your posts that don't add value. In its' place, just put "I'm an investing savant, and make no apologies for it", as oldarmy1 would do."
- I Bleed Maroon (distracted easily by signatures)
ProgN
Philip J Fry said:

ProgN said:

ProgN said:

What makes you say that? I don't know enough about the company to have an opinion outside of the technicals.

I post some reasons why I like it this weekend
gougler08
AG
CROX is going to try again with a reversal candle as it's currently a bullish engulfing. Let's see if it holds
AgCPA95
AG
gougler08 said:

CROX is going to try again with a reversal candle as it's currently a bullish engulfing. Let's see if it holds
Held and pushing upwards.
Boy Named Sue
AG
Go bulls go. holy ****
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I pinned xsp 437!!!
gougler08
AG
AgCPA95 said:

gougler08 said:

Held and pushing upwards.
If we show a continuation early Monday I'll be hopping in
Boy Named Sue
AG
They puked it right after I posted, of course
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I built it out on the way up this morning. Pure dumb luck!
EnronAg
AG
what happens to options expiry today for Palo Alto with that big move??? lotta people gonna get screwed on that, right??? (as individuals can't trade in/out of options after hours...so I guess people will have to buy/sell short shares to not get hosed, right?)
lobwedgephil
EnronAg said:

what happens to options expiry today for Palo Alto with that big move??? lotta people gonna get screwed on that, right??? (as individuals can't trade in/out of options after hours...so I guess people will have to buy/sell short shares to not get hosed, right?)
Can't imagine many held expiring options into an ER with no chance to get out either way.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I bought some SMCI this morning and NVDA. I sold all the NVDA.
ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I bought some SMCI this morning and NVDA. I sold all the NVDA.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I had a really good trading week this week as well. Excited for next week.
JbKing45
reedsterg said:

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but did anyone else get the mailing for CLOV litigation?

https://www.cloverhealthsecuritieslitigation.com

I'm holding out for the $wwr litigation.
irish pete ag06
AG

ADBE look absolutely ripe for a short. 8/21 EMA just flipped on the daily and there's a juicy gap at 453...

Also a potential H/S
wans
Heineken-Ashi said:

Gap fills are some of the easiest trades to make in situations where a stock gets extremely overheated or oversold. Even more so when it's because of a fad and magic words like "AI". Often times, a stock that goes parabolic to the upside will come fill a lower gap back down to or near the area it was before it exploded. That will usually mark a pivot zone and massive buy in opportunity.

If you want to see what the future is for SMCI, change to weekly candles, or even monthly. You're looking at a stock that was well beyond "overbought" no matter the timeframe you look at. Best case is that it sits in the $200-$300 range for a year or two. What's not likely to happen is another explosion upward like the one in 2023. The only thing that will likely cause that is some sort of massive stimulus event that affects the whole market. SMCI is in a cool down phase, and I doubt its a quick one. For the sake of those who already jumped in, I surely hope I'm wrong and will celebrate my wrongness with you if I am.
Gap fills in stocks can indeed present trading opportunities, especially when market movements are influenced by fads like "AI" or machine learning in finance. Recognizing stock patterns and identifying pivot zones can assist in spotting potential buy-in opportunities. However, it's crucial to conduct thorough analysis, considering fundamental and technical factors, before making trading decisions.
PeekingDuck
AG
Who let ChatGPT in here?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
wans said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Gap fills in stocks can indeed present trading opportunities, especially when market movements are influenced by fads like "AI" or machine learning in finance. Recognizing stock patterns and identifying pivot zones can assist in spotting potential buy-in opportunities. However, it's crucial to conduct thorough analysis, considering fundamental and technical factors, before making trading decisions.

I don't do any of that. I just YOLO into random stonks.
Ags2013
AG
I've been noting a lot of attention on PYPL. Near 52 Wk Low and looks to have a typically decent bounce at this level. I don't read charts quite as well as ya'll but it looks like an opportunity.
First Page Last Page
Page 6207 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.