Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,979,087 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm buying more MSFT at $340.
EnronAg
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

scalping google calls AH has been so easy.
How do you trade single stock options after hours? I thought it was only SPY and handful of other ETFs?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Typo. I meant shares
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
https://instagr.am/p/Ct9gSb1M50D
Triple_Bagger
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm buying more MSFT at $340.
FJ43
storey979 said:

First buy .78 yesterday

You can likely trade that for net free shares. Premiums on covered calls you'll have to go out a ways so trading it up and down and gaining free shares from this level the RR isn't much risk.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Ag CPA
AG
EnronAg said:

and MSFT beat across the board...surprisingly red right now...but conference call mentioning AI a handful of times will turn that bad boy green!!!
Didn't say AI enough, going to have to mention it 50+ times going forward due to diminishing returns.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Uh...

Quacked
IRBT potential dead cat bounce target
Quacked
FJ43 said:

storey979 said:

First buy .78 yesterday

You can likely trade that for net free shares. Premiums on covered calls you'll have to go out a ways so trading it up and down and gaining free shares from this level the RR isn't much risk.
You just mean future options to sell and use the premium on shares? Im still fairly ignorant.
ProgN
I don't really know a lot about small biotechs but I know some folks in here do or are in that industry so I'm asking.

Please look into $MRKR.

A friend told me to keep eye on it 2 weeks ago. I should've kept my wallet on it instead of my eye. I'd like y'all's opinion on it.

TIA
southernskies
Please share all of said friend's picks lol
Quacked
Wish it had options for more volume
Brewmaster
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Uh...

That is one heck of a goal post on Monday.

usually these mean they are going to short the piss out of it first, before letting it run to any price target.
EnronAg
AG
I assumed that was a parody account until I googled it and saw tons of sites mentioning it...unreal
Brewmaster
AG
NIO breaking out of intraday wedge

go for that gap at 14.76!
AgCPA95
AG
Brewmaster said:

My net free Jan 25 2025 10.0 Call like this. Thanks to whoever recommended this one!
E
AG
AgCPA95 said:

Brewmaster said:

My net free Jan 25 2025 10.0 Call like this. Thanks to whoever recommended this one!
I think we all know who mentioned it...
spud1910
AG
Yep glad to be in it.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
XOM watchers.

XOM bearing the brunt of fossil fuel haters (ESG) is the best I can come up with. All other energy players are doing fine. XOM will have it's day to the upside. I have zero worries about XOM.

Real reason for the post.
In 2022 the Administration used the SPR to flood the crude market and suppress oil prices keeping gasoline cheap at the pump. In 2023, it appears they are using the EIA Weekly Report. In some previous posts I mention the "found crude supply" EIA comes up with officially called an "Adjustment". In today's report for last week, EIA pulled out all the stops, they found 2.415mbd. (2.415 X 7 Days = 16.905mb for the week). One of the largest "Adjustments" by EIA. Yet, Cushing inventory continues to drop and oil rig count continues to fall . This "Adjustment" number is making oil traders hesitate. WTI should be $85 easily by now. XOM is $9 to $15 per share undervalued range based on spreads within the energy sector.

See Page 1, Line 13 under Supply, it's the first number in the column for Week Ending 7/21. Link below.

https://ir.eia.gov/wpsr/overview.pdf

I hear a rusted squeaking valve being turned off by Saudi.

Liars can figure and figures can lie, but if you torture the data long enough, it's bound to confess.

This is not going to end well.

Hope y'all are making a bunch of money.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Nice, good bit of oi on a couple tsn aug 11 and 18 strikes, and lots in oct and jan. I bid on sept 57.5 calls with the intention to turn them into spreads at the next bump

You da man fj
RulesForTheeNotForMe
AG
Agree 100% with this, especially the XOM vs peer analysis.... When the correction happens for XOM, it's going to be big. (3-month chart below, XOM is 4-7% below all peers & it's especially been suppressed for July vs peers)
A contact of mine just pointed out that the EIA "found" 17% more oil per day than produced.

If you believe any number coming out of this Administration.....
txaggie_08
AG
That can't be right. We produce 12mbpd and they found about 2mbpd you said?
RulesForTheeNotForMe
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

A contact of mine just pointed out that the EIA "found" 17% more oil per day than produced.

txaggie_08 said:

Quote:

2.415mbpd/12mbpd = 15%. My statement is poorly worded. I apologize for the confusion. The statement should read.....EIA found the equivalent of 15% of the daily volume produced.

ETA: If you believe any number coming out of this Administration......
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG

txaggie_08 said:

Quote:

2.415mbpd/12mbpd = 15%. My statement is poorly worded. I apologize for the confusion. The statement should read.....EIA found the equivalent of 15% of the daily volume produced.

No you're wrong farmer. All the administration had to do was check under a few couch cushions to find all those extra oil barrels stashed. It's just simple lost & found recovery
Ragoo
AG
Is there data coming out today? Premiums seem high.
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

txaggie_08 said:

Quote:

No you're wrong farmer. All the administration had to do was check under a few couch cushions to find all those extra oil barrels stashed. It's just simple lost & found recovery
China knows where the price is going.

China Accelerates Crude Stockpiling To Highest Rate In Three Years

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/China-Accelerates-Crude-Stockpiling-To-Highest-Rate-In-Three-Years.html#:~:text=China%20is%20taking%20advantage%20of,increase%20on%20the%20year%20before.
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

Is there data coming out today? Premiums seem high.
Fed this afternoon, that's probably why
Brewmaster
AG
CC09LawAg
Someone explain this like I am 4 because it seems too simple and I must be missing something.

If I have 100 shares of Stock A, and sell a covered call at a $10 strike when it is at $9 and the stock price shoots up to $10.50, what is to prevent me from just rolling that covered call indefinitely if the stock price continues to go up week after week if I want to hold on to this particular stock?

And if it does happen to go way down, I just buy it back at dirt cheap and start the cycle all over again?
Ag13
AG
CC09LawAg said:

Someone explain this like I am 4 because it seems too simple and I must be missing something.

If I have 100 shares of Stock A, and sell a covered call at a $10 strike when it is at $9 and the stock price shoots up to $10.50, what is to prevent me from just rolling that covered call indefinitely if the stock price continues to go up week after week if I want to hold on to this particular stock?

And if it does happen to go way down, I just buy it back at dirt cheap and start the cycle all over again?
The issue would be if it shoots up to $15 and then rolling does not making any real sense and you lose out on $5/share upside when your shares get called out at $10.

If it just shoots up to $10.50, then yes you could roll to an $11 or $12 strike in a future period, and likely come out ahead (for the time being) without giving up shares or upside.
CC09LawAg
Ag13 said:

CC09LawAg said:

The issue would be if it shoots up to $15 and then rolling does not making any real sense and you lose out on $5/share upside when your shares get called out at $10.

If it just shoots up to $10.50, then yes you could roll to an $11 or $12 strike in a future period, and likely come out ahead (for the time being) without giving up shares or upside.
That makes sense. I guess you would hope that with that kind of increase in stock price, you could sell a call further out at maybe a $17 strike price or something like that and end up with a net positive or even bid to keep from getting called out?
Ag13
AG
CC09LawAg said:

Ag13 said:

CC09LawAg said:

That makes sense. I guess you would hope that with that kind of increase in stock price, you could sell a call further out at maybe a $17 strike price or something like that and end up with a net positive or even bid to keep from getting called out?
Maybe but at a $15 share price, the intrinsic value of a $10 call option is $5.00. This does not include all the other elements of pricing an option (including time to expiration, implied volatility, etc) so the actual price of the contract you are short and looking to roll will be higher than $5.00.

Selling a $17 covered call when the stock price is $15 for > the value of the $10 contract you already have sold is probably unlikely. So you could roll out the date, but you would likely be losing money on the transaction.
First Page Last Page
Page 6191 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.