Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,986,953 Views | 231572 Replies | Last: 37 min ago by El_duderino
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Made a nice swing trade on LUMN this week. Bought in earlier in the 1.90s and sold on its way up.

Keeping an eye on DNN thanks to this thread. Would like to catch it close to a buck but it hasn't been there since end of May.

A new one I'm watching is SPCE which is rather volatile.

Hope everyone has a great 4th.
BaylorSpineGuy
Would someone on here be able to calculate SPX/SPY monthly VWAP and see where we are relative to VWAP line?
Thanks in advance.

I know that is typically measure intraday but curious to see it on a larger timeframe.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think the ICT system is a viable trading method. I don't know enough about it and it is not my system, but I know full time traders who use this.

Saw this posted on Twitter and thought I would share.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14x_13c98oq3u-FrVWK3Nh9gGLYKzBzgLgBRTdgOBAhs/mobilebasic
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Would someone on here be able to calculate SPX/SPY monthly VWAP and see where we are relative to VWAP line?
Thanks in advance.

I know that is typically measure intraday but curious to see it on a larger timeframe.

You want to see not the daily VWAP but the monthly, right? The 21 EMA is a very good proxy.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ProgN said:

Supreme Court strikes down Biden's student loan forgiveness plan (cnbc.com)

Markets may not like this because it will decrease disposable income.

I'd rather that than my dollars be worth less and be responsible for paying for other people's useless degrees after I busted my ass paying mine off.
Ragoo
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

ProgN said:

Supreme Court strikes down Biden's student loan forgiveness plan (cnbc.com)

I'd rather that than my dollars be worth less and be responsible for paying for other people's useless degrees after I busted my ass paying mine off.
there might be hope after all
erudite
Ag13 said:

ProgN said:

Ya this whole student loan thing is a big risk to the economy. The whole system is built on consumer spending and when people have to start making their $500/month payments or whatever it is for them again ... lot less money to buy fun stuff with.
Biden's already announcing a new loan forgiveness plan. Very vague but I expect another court fight over this:
It's a little uh, vague obviously.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2023/06/30/fact-sheet-president-biden-announces-new-actions-to-provide-debt-relief-and-support-for-student-loan-borrowers/?utm_source=link
Quote:

In light of the Supreme Court's ruling this morning, President Biden and his Administration have already taken two steps this afternoon aimed at providing debt relief for as many borrowers as possible, as fast as possible, and supporting student loan borrowers:
  • The Secretary of Education initiated a rulemaking process aimed at opening an alternative path to debt relief for as many working and middle-class borrowers as possible, using the Secretary's authority under the Higher Education Act.
  • The Department of Education (Department) finalized the most affordable repayment plan ever created, ensuring that borrowers will be able to take advantage of this plan this summerbefore loan payments are due. Many borrowers will not have to make monthly payments under this plan. Those that do will save more than $1,000 a year.
In addition, to protect the most vulnerable borrowers from the worst consequences of missed payments following the payment restart, the Department is instituting a 12-month "on-ramp" to repayment, running from October 1, 2023 to September 30, 2024, so that financially vulnerable borrowers who miss monthly payments during this period are not considered delinquent, reported to credit bureaus, placed in default, or referred to debt collection agencies.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The worst part about this plan is that it's treating the symptom, not the cause.

How about fixing the ridiculously inflated tuition costs due to handing out government loans to underage teens like they're candy.
reineraggie09
AG
I'm about to finish paying off my student loans in the next 2 months. I'm ready to use that free cash flow to buy some stuff on sale.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Your friendly reminder that Houston sucks!

lobwedgephil
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I think the ICT system is a viable trading method. I don't know enough about it and it is not my system, but I know full time traders who use this.

Saw this posted on Twitter and thought I would share.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14x_13c98oq3u-FrVWK3Nh9gGLYKzBzgLgBRTdgOBAhs/mobilebasic
If you trade futures, his teachings give some of the best entries I have seen. Know many guys using this very successfully.
TheVarian
AG
Go Braves!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think it would work for 3-5 DTE index options and obviously UPRO and TQQQ.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
reineraggie09 said:

I'm about to finish paying off my student loans in the next 2 months. I'm ready to use that free cash flow to buy some stuff on sale.

Congrats. Amazing feeling once all your money is yours to spend.
techno-ag
AG
techno-ag said:

Boat Shoes said:

I've never purchased crypto. If I wanted to invest in Bitcoin but not take the security risk of owning the actual coins themself, is the new Black rock ETF the best way to do so?
The BlackRock one hasn't been approved yet. Folks are expecting it to be, though. Maybe in a few months?

https://www.newsbtc.com/news/bitcoin/when-blackrock-bitcoin-etf-timeline-implications/#:~:text=Market%20experts%20give%20the%20BlackRock,as%20clear%3A%2033%3A0.

Delayed.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/sec-says-spot-bitcoin-etf-filings-are-inadequate-390336e8
FJ43
Me….today on the river

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

CC09LawAg
Brian Earl Spilner said:

reineraggie09 said:

Congrats. Amazing feeling once all your money is yours to spend.

Now do taxes
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
FJ43 said:

Me….today on the river

You've got your buns, and then in between is the things that eat the salad... Not sure what I see what's wrong?

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Double wide capital is an Aggie I think.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Holy Mackerel Tesla Q2 Production and Deliveries are moon bound. Up 83% YoY AND. Crushed analyst expectations.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/02/tesla-tsla-q2-2023-vehicle-delivery-and-production-numbers.html

Ragoo
AG
The store in cypress has a lot of inventory.
JbKing45
The wwr $1 calls for Aug and Nov are catching my eye. Seems to be a super cheap lottery ticket. I'm sure the financing will be worked out in the next 30 days.
E
AG
Don't you tempt me with a good time!
SW AG80
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Holy Mackerel Tesla Q2 Production and Deliveries are moon bound. Up 83% YoY AND. Crushed analyst expectations.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/02/tesla-tsla-q2-2023-vehicle-delivery-and-production-numbers.html

Since the financial crisis in 2008-09, I have been more active in handling my own investments. And since then I have taken some gambles in the stock market. They have been educated gambles, but gambles none the less.
Most have paid off and some paid off well.

I try to use my common sense about what people are using or need in their lives. My biggest gamble in terms of dollars was Las Vegas Sands, but I thought it was a good gamble since their real estate in Las Vegas alone was worth a lot of $$$ and Macau was just getting going. That was in 2009 when LVS had dropped to $4/share.

But I sure missed the boat on Tesla. And for the last 5 years my wife and I, as we drove the Texas highways, would comment on how many more Tesla's we were seeing. Where the heck did my common sense approach go!! If I just made a small, $2,000 investment in Tesla in 2018, that would be worth $2.5M today.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
SW AG80 said:

Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Since the financial crisis in 2008-09, I have been more active in handling my own investments. And since then I have taken some gambles in the stock market. They have been educated gambles, but gambles none the less.
Most have paid off and some paid off well.

I try to use my common sense about what people are using or need in their lives. My biggest gamble in terms of dollars was Las Vegas Sands, but I thought it was a good gamble since their real estate in Las Vegas alone was worth a lot of $$$ and Macau was just getting going. That was in 2009 when LVS had dropped to $4/share.

But I sure missed the boat on Tesla. And for the last 5 years my wife and I, as we drove the Texas highways, would comment on how many more Tesla's we were seeing. Where the heck did my common sense approach go!! If I just made a small, $2,000 investment in Tesla in 2018, that would be worth $2.5M today.
I hear this to my core.

When I first started trading back in College with my summer job money, I bought 25 shares of TSLA at like $76. This was in 2013ish I believe and I told my father about my purchase. He thought I was crazy and made me feel guilty about that risk I was taking and I sold it for like $85 a share and a modest profit. Had I held - who knows how high it would be. I remember even thinking about buying Bitcoin at $1000/coin and trying to mine back in 2014/15. Talked myself out of it and look how that's turned out?

But I like to view this situation as "you made a decision in the past for a certain reason and it was a good reason at the time" and you can't dwell on that. It's like Marcus Aurelius saying "a soul does violence to itself worrying about the past or the future and not living in the present". I
wanderer
I was with you until that last sentence. Might want to recalculate that.
SW AG80
AG
I got that figure from CNBC this morning. I then used a calculator and it came out to $2.4M+ some.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
TSLA was 21 bucks a share in July 2018. With $2,500 you could buy 119 shares. At 283/share today, that's almost 34 grand.

You'd have to spend close to a quarter mil in 2018 to get what you're talking about.
bmoochie
AG
TSLA had a stock split last year so those numbers could be accurate when you factor that in.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
There were a couple of Splits in 2020 and 2022.

2020 was a 3 for 1 and 2022 was a 5 for 1.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Oops, you're right.

I need to go back and look at that.
Buck Compton
AG
Stock split impacts get reflected in the historical share price for comparability purposes.

The recent non-adjusted low was $185.16 in May of 2019.
Ragoo
AG
TSLA at $21 in 2018 is the split adjusted price. It was not trading there are the time.
Talon2DSO
AG
Those NIO calls OA was talking about are paying today.
First Page Last Page
Page 6168 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.