Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,988,058 Views | 231573 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Swollen Thumb
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ragoo said:

My guess is gap and sell into the long weekend.

I would ordinarily think that because of the holiday, but Monday is open half day and it's quarter end window dressing.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Threw in for 2 $AAPL $190 calls June 30th lotto's. Bought them when AAPL was at $189.34

Plan to trim as it nears that $190.70 hurdle for $3T valuation
Selling out of these on the open or shortly after
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG

Threw in for 2 $AAPL $190 calls June 30th lotto's. Bought them when AAPL was at $189.34

Plan to trim as it nears that $190.70 hurdle for $3T valuation
Selling out of these on the open or shortly after
Sold them too early oh well. No one went broke taking profits
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Don't lose your ass on a Friday.

permabull
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

a kid I work with that has figured out I trade stocks told me that he is trying to short AAPL. I asked him what the hell was wrong with him.

Do you mind asking this kid what stock we should "short" next?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
hypeiv said:

a kid I work with that has figured out I trade stocks told me that he is trying to short AAPL. I asked him what the hell was wrong with him.

Do you mind asking this kid what stock we should "short" next?
On that note - we need to figure out whatever stock Diggity or whoever is buying next on the assumption it's going up. That'll be the real one we should "short"
Quacked
Still in 187.5c for 6/30 on APPL.

I'm a greedy pig, help me.

ETA: Kiddo at my work is about to graduate and just purchased his first APPL share at 178 and is freaking because its ATH. Great problem to have @ 22!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This poor guy is like 25 and he's a junior analyst. He's stationed near my office and he saw a chart on the screen, which is how he figured out that I did this.

I haven't had the heart to talk to him the last couple of days.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
storey979 said:

Still in 187.5c for 6/30 on APPL.

I'm a greedy pig, help me.

What the hell are you waiting for? Sell now
Quacked
its my runner, i've legged out of two ,and in profits. Been burned on friday runs a few times in last two months. Im torturing myself this morning and holding.
ProgN
Supreme Court strikes down Biden's student loan forgiveness plan (cnbc.com)

Markets may not like this because it will decrease disposable income.
South Platte
Been missing our daily XOM update. I feel like a fish out of water.
Ag13
AG
ProgN said:

Ya this whole student loan thing is a big risk to the economy. The whole system is built on consumer spending and when people have to start making their $500/month payments or whatever it is for them again ... lot less money to buy fun stuff with.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
ProgN said:

Doing the right thing sometimes causes pain. Glad SCOTUS made the right decision.
ProgN
So am I.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG

This poor guy is like 25 and he's a junior analyst. He's stationed near my office and he saw a chart on the screen, which is how he figured out that I did this.

I haven't had the heart to talk to him the last couple of days.
If you really want to mess with him - pull up reddit's WallstreetBets where he can see it. Gonna blow his mind
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
South Platte said:

Convinced my pops to buy 150 shares with some cash he had sidelined.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
He's not an Aggie but he has no idea. I almost had worlds collide when I had a business lunch and a guy asked me if I was aware of this forum,

"uh, no, I'll have to check it out".

"What's your user name"

"Uh, I just browse"
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Anyway, this is my trade for the day. Not planning to do anything until Wed. No lottos today.

South Platte
CWH, what a run
Talon2DSO
AG
Anyone still in JD?
gougler08
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Anyone still in JD?
Yep, have a stop set around $32 which has been close but not triggered yet...but do wish it would do something
EnronAg
AG
i don't really see any...but are there any more gaps above us close to filling?
Brewmaster
AG
TSLA volume pump, wow - that candle at noon central.
FJ43
Hmmmmm

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
South Platte said:

Daily? You're getting me confused with Jerome Powell. (if you are referring to me about an XOM update)

XOM
- Should visit $109.20 to $109.50 zone soon, next week? If it punches through solidly, we go higher. Of course, in my book we are headed higher in 23H2.
- July 1st starts the Saudi volunteer cuts of 1.0mbpd
- The OPEC/Saudi announced cuts in April, starting in May, are now showing up in June data. Oil supply is tight and getting tighter.
- The cuts that start in July....I think we start hearing about supply problems in July before the data starts showing up in August.
- API and EIA reports this week reflecting 6/23 data showed draws. The EIA data showed a 9.6 million barrel draw. If you add in the Congressionally mandated 1.4 million barrel release from the SPR the draw is 11 million. Yeah, that's big.
- We are currently in the week before July 4th Holiday (otherwise known as Independence Day (LOL!)). The next EIA report should show a massive draw (over 11 million) but the Congressional Mandate SPR Release has about 3 to 4 million barrels remaining to be released and I think they'll show it all released to reduce the real draw number. Hope that made sense to you.
- The Congressionally Mandated SPR Releases should be over in June.
- Today, Baker Hughs reported an oil rig decline of one (1) rig. Lowest rig count since April 2022. Still declining.
- The S&D will be tight crude oil and that view will not change.
- OPEC announced yesterday, or the day before, that Bloomberg, Reuters and WSJ have lost their accreditation with OPEC and are not allowed to the OPEC Conference or any future OPEC meetings. You may recall, this same group of MSM reporting folk were not invited/allowed in the last OPEC Vienna meeting. LOL! The MSM reporting is a joke. They're whining about losing accreditation. For example, this morning on CNBC, Bloomberg was reporting the energy sector down +19% for YTD. That's not true. There's no wondering why OPEC would bar these scoundrels from their meeting as reporting is pro green energy and negative fossil fuels.
- Can you hear that rusty valve being turned off by the Saudi's? if you don't, just hang on. Saudi has to apportion the barrels being cut. The July 1mbpd cut has consequences. I'm guessing the U.S. gets the majority of the cut and EU gets the remainder. No need for OPEC to cut Asia. Yes, a pseudo embargo. Hopefully this cleans up the manipulation in Crude Oil Futures(an all time historic high for a Short position). Good luck to them Shorts...NY Fed especially..
- The Dallas Fed survey of 151 oil executives see crude at $77 average (WTI) by EOY. Remember, OPEC wants Brent at $80 to $85. WTI is a $4 to $5 discount to Brent. So, WTI at $77 puts Brent at $81 to $82. That's a sweet spot for OPEC. However, Joe and Blinken have P'ed OPEC off and I think OPEC shoots for +$90 Brent now (or $86 WTI). Goldman Sachs, Jeff Currie has not dropped his target of $95.
- Russia continues a strong push to get the Turk-stream pipeline completed to supply China with NatGas. Same pipe will give Erdogan/Turkey control over NatGas moving into the EU. Erdogan will have pricing control over EU. Why does Erdogan pricing control to EU matter? Well, it's like this,....Erdogan has been trying for 20 years to get into the EU and the EU votes him down....Erdogan will exact a pound of flesh from the EU..
- Energy is going higher. XOM will be going higher. The recession that has been talked about for 18 months now is not going to show up unless JP raises rates and drives the country into a forced recession. The economic numbers today and forecast do not show a recession. We will more than likely have stagflation of low/slow growth with some unemployment. Energy will move up along with essentials.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

I added some PXD today. XOM:PXD spread signaled to add PXD. Added at $199.76

Just announced JB Administration entering in the arena for another 3 million barrel crude purchase for the SPR. Delivery in August. You think somebody is getting worried that crude inventories are going to see a drop. LOL! What a clown show. Doesn't matter. Patience pays. OPEC+ earlier announced cuts are showing up now and July 1st 1M bpd new cuts are about to start. Green Energy faction really really hates fossil fuels. GLTA!
This was originally posted on 6/22.
I believe PXD might have fallen a dollar or 2 more after the post or the next day.
Regardless, PXD is $207 today.
Just watch for a $95 to a $96 spread between XOM:PXD and add a little PXD when that occurs.
It just pays.
It's not explosive moves up, but a slow winner.
reineraggie09
AG
Love the info. Maybe I am naive, but I read the WSJ most days. Don't really consider them anti-fossil fuels or pro-green energy. At least not the editorial side.
BaylorSpineGuy
Have a good weekend all. If I recall, I believe July 3rd is most bullish day of year. Wall St players doing hookers and blow in the Hampton's till July 5. Lol.

This recent push up in the market has been a real spectacle. Gives that November '21/Jan '22 feel all over again. How long will the music keep playing? I'm not sure….but shorting this market is not for the faint of heart. Extreme greed index is blaring now. A country mile from where we were just 6-8 wks ago.
Bocephus
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Have a good weekend all. If I recall, I believe July 3rd is most bullish day of year. Wall St players doing hookers and blow in the Hampton's till July 5. Lol.

This recent push up in the market has been a real spectacle. Gives that November '21/Jan '22 feel all over again. How long will the music keep playing? I'm not sure….but shorting this market is not for the faint of heart. Extreme greed index is blaring now. A country mile from where we were just 6-8 wks ago.

The student Loan pause has pushed roughly $7.8 billion per month into the economy. This has helped inflate the market imo. Just something to think about.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
FJ43
Lotto'd puts for Monday. We shall see.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

ProgN
One of you tweet or email this to OA please. He loves fishing and I think he'll like it.

https://www.chron.com/life/wildlife/article/texas-largemouth-bass-record-18176957.php

Quote:

A Texas woman is the new title holder of the record for one of the biggest largemouth bass ever caught in the world. Back in February, Lea Anne Powell of Lake Jackson was fishing on O.H. Ivie Lake near San Angelo with her friend Dalton Smith, owner of Dalton Smith Guide Service, when she reeled in a massive largemouth bass that weighed 12 pounds, and 3 ounces.

Quote:

On Friday, Powell received confirmation from the International Game Fish Association (IGFA) that she had officially broken the record for the biggest largemouth bass ever caught in the women's category for the 12-pound line class, according to a report from KETK. Her record beats out a 9-pound, 1-ounce largemouth bass caught by Sarah Elizabeth Harris in Lake Baccarac, Mexico in March 2021. In the report, Powell described the intense battle that preceded the monster catch.

"Before I went to O.H. Ivie with Dalton, I literally had only caught a 7-pound, 8-ounce largemouth," Powell told KETK. "And I was like, cool, if I get an 8 pounder I'm happy." However, the duo didn't know they were about to land a new world record fish. "Once I set the hook he was like, 'Oh my God, you caught a giant,'" Powell told KETK. "But what was crazy is we were both freaking out because it was hooked 45 feet from the boat and 15 feet down on 10-pound line with a spinning rod. Which, if anybody knows fishing at all, that's a very hectic situation."

khkman22
AG
How long are her arms in the first picture?
FJ43
Done

ProgN
Gracias amigo.
First Page Last Page
Page 6167 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.