Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,988,194 Views | 231573 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Swollen Thumb
spud1910
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Investing aside, that would be incredible if they produce something that would help.
ProgN
spud1910 said:

Investing aside, that would be incredible if they produce something that would help.
Agreed because my great-grandma died with Alzheimer's and it was brutal before they even knew what it was. She was a strong Czech woman and her mind left 3 years before her body/engine ran out of full. Alzheimer's is worse on the living than it is on the victim.

That said, the director that bought $2.3 million of SAVA a few weeks ago, with his own money, gave me confidence that something positive will be announced. The Wainwright (sorry if misspelled) just reiterating their buy rating and kept their price target at $124 when the stock was $23 also was another reassurance. Does anyone thing a director doesn't have knowledge of how the phase 3 trials are going and just put his wealth at risk if it wasn't working? Why would a firm out of the blue restate it's buy rating and maintain it's $124 PT, when they could've easily lowered it to $60 and not taken on so much risk? The stock was at $23ish when they did that.

I'm not encouraging folks to buy it or add more, but those two recent events helps me sleep at night.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
I agree with your post.
FTAG 2000
AG
Q3 results for SAVA study. Need to look for some q4 or q1 call spreads
Boy Named Sue
AG
Ol Tommy T could be the catalyst for legislation banning members from trading options. I doubt they'll ever ban trading shares. In the meantime…
Brewmaster
AG
Wild? lol, more like. "What a shock!" (sarcasm)
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Probably not bothering with it today.

I might do lottos at 2:30
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
HoustonAg2014
AG
So he is essentially putting in limit orders to BUY shares of stock in these companies at a certain price… Not using information to guess a date or gambling on the stock. I actually think this is 100% a nothing burger. Would prefer this over buying stock today in all of these companies because that would make me more suspicious that he knows something.

And Congress should 100% be banned from insider trading. But selling options for premium is the LEAST harmful of them all. It's a limit order that you get paid for. Unusual Whales seems to not understand that.
Boy Named Sue
AG
Yes but the reaction and perception is what drives things
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This is boring AF. Making the right call today.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
If US congressman and their families were banned from trading in the market, we would all be better off.

Of course, they would then just get a cousin to do it for them, but it's BS that we give elected representatives the power to influence the market through policy, and they can take advantage of that for personal gain, instead of for their constituents.
Boy Named Sue
AG
Appears 413.54-ish is still a key level on SPY. FJ identified 413.23 back on 4/19, in same range. Hoping for uppies today, or at least some king of trend. A breakout (in either direction) is probably wishful thinking
Boy Named Sue
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

If US congressman and their families were banned from trading in the market, we would all be better off.

Of course, they would then just get a cousin to do it for them, but it's BS that we give elected representatives the power to influence the market through policy, and they can take advantage of that for personal gain, instead of for their constituents.
Indeed, even the "blind trust" approach doesn't work. But if the SEC can regulate and prosecute insider trading to an extent that reduces it, then there has to be a way to incentivize Congress as well
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I want to be in Congress so that I can really crush it.
Ccutamu
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Run 30K... Tex Ags Business & Investing board has your back!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG

As long as your policies revolve around supporting the graphite industry in Alabama, you have my support.
cjo03
AG

as long as you still post your trades here, we'll allow it.

you could go anonymous and change your alias to $40,000 Millionaire
YaketyYak
That was a strange 5 min candle on SPX
Take out the papers and the trash, or you don't get no spendin' cash
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
A couple $50,000 donations to PACs would probably buy you the opportunity to build relationships with congressmen that would get you all the information you need to trade "confidently", without having to be a politician yourself
Talon2DSO
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

A couple $50,000 donations to PACs would probably buy you the opportunity to build relationships with congressmen that would get you all the information you need to trade "confidently", without having to be a politician yourself

Not even that much.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Dammit, i cut my cvna puts too early (sold 11.5 for .26, they are .6 now). Still holding expiring 9s but guessing they are not coming back from the dead.

Got my double on the ttd call just after open

Scaling back into crwd calls. June 16 140s
oldarmy1
AG
Once we break from this range the move will likely be 100+ SPX points, so no rush to be trading a lot. I went with lotto $411 puts on the early push higher, with Consumer Confidence coming out. It wasn't rosey: 57.7 vs 63.0 forecast.

Still, these markets have abused fundamentals, so I quickly went net free on the reaction move down flash below $412.

Wherever we move to from this next macro move there is an epic opportunity with the debt ceiling debate brewing. If both sides dig in and the market's plunge it would be a huge buying opportunity. Why? Because the Fed will initiate QE big time.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Once we break from this range the move will likely be 100+ SPX points, so no rush to be trading a lot. I went with lotto $411 puts on the early push higher, with Consumer Confidence coming out. It wasn't rosey: 57.7 vs 63.0 forecast.

Still, these markets have abused fundamentals, so I quickly went net free on the reaction move down flash below $412.

Wherever we move to from this next macro move there is an epic opportunity with the debt ceiling debate brewing. If both sides dig in and the market's plunge it would be a huge buying opportunity. Why? Because the Fed will initiate QE big time.

oldarmy1
AG
EXACTLY!
oldarmy1
AG
2nd Dreaded h confirmed on SPY. $411.46 is a key level. So far buyers remain at $411.65 area.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Looks like a 411 tag cleans up a couple gaps, seems worth a flyer or two if we can get there?
Edit: nvm. Listen to him instead ^
oldarmy1
AG
ROFL

You are right on that and trimming the puts on the flash below $411.46 is the way to go, in case they respect your mark. Seeing the bounce as I tried to type and trade!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Trade first type later! We're not even paying customers!
gougler08
AG
If NNOX wants to come take my $25 covered calls for next week they are more than welcome to
FJ43
Watch us squeeze into 415s into close.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BaylorSpineGuy
It's starting to look a bit like a Diamond top on SPX/Y on a longer timeframe. Not a pure one but the form is approximating one.

Forgive this horrible drawing!!

Fat fingers unite.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I really should turn on notis for OA on Twitter.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Very tempted to try long here but it's in my "no" window
Bonfire97
AG
Quote:

I find all this "default" and "debt ceiling" comical. The news people make themselves even more non-credible by hyping this up like they are. They will raise the spending limit. Nobody is going to tie themselves to being blamed for Powell having to create another trillion dollars with the inflation situation like it is. I think the instituational investors know that.
FTAG 2000
AG
NNOX grinding. I am ready for the parabolic launch to the moon.
First Page Last Page
Page 6116 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.