Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,982,407 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Heineken-Ashi
jimmo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
woulda been perfect day for a little butterfly spread.
saw the opportunity this AM too... dang it
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
XOM will run to EX-DIV (5/15). AND,....expect a run to payout (6/9) as there are "a lot" of shares bought for the re-investment program.

Plus, XOM enters the market everyday at at 3:50 to 3:54pmET to purchase ~625,000 shares for he company buyback program.

Plus, over the last 3 to 4 weeks, XOM is being mass accumulated. I didn't get to see the adjustment yesterday, but any time the At-The-Bell share volume number compared to the 15 Minute-After-The-Bell share volume number is 2.0 million adjustment or more, there's an accumulation going on. If the adjustment is 1.2 million or less, it's just noise. There have been several 3.0 million to 5.0 million share volume adjustments in the course of the last 3 weeks. Small players don't handle that type of volume during a settling period.

Plus, expect a dividend increase announcement in June or July '23. Likely going from $0.91 to $0.95 per share.
topher06
Ultra low volume
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Can try long here but lack of follow through is annoying.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
If this downtrend breaks, 4125C will probably return 4X.

Emphasis on if.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
On 4120C, if you lotto. Buy around 4, exit at 10.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am surprised price has gone this way.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Bulls have blown every chance so far today.
topher06
All 17 people participating in the market today.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This seller has yet to get run over. Crazy.
Boy Named Sue
AG
Exhausting close. MMs probably feel the same
Spoony Love
AG
Closing it right in the middle of the trading zone. Crazy how much influence CPI tomorrow is having on the market. This is an indecision point in my opinion and nobody know which way it is going. Everyone expects bad numbers tomorrow but hoping for a chance of good numbers.
FTAG 2000
AG
topher06 said:

All 17 people participating in the market today.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Zero trades today. Tomorrow will have vol.
FTAG 2000
AG
ProgN said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

SAVA $26.40 / +$3.38 / +14.19%

Just sayin'...
Quote:

7:13 am ET
Cassava Sciences Price Target Maintained With a $124.00/Share by HC Wainwright & Co.
Dow Jones

7:03 am ET
HC Wainwright & Co. Reiterates Buy on Cassava Sciences, Maintains $124 Price Target
Benzinga

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Were you watching order flow or just expecting a gap fill? I'm not sure i understand why you seemed to want upside so badly. Harry did too. Was it "never short a dull market"? I wanted to play your spx call but i didn't understand it so i sat out and let my 413 and 412 xsp puts pay. Leaving that gap unfilled means there's an excuse for upside tomorrow so maybe that's good?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Were you watching order flow or just expecting a gap fill? I'm not sure i understand why you seemed to want upside so badly. Harry did too. Was it "never short a dull market"? I wanted to play your spx call but i didn't understand it so i sat out and let my 413 and 412 xsp puts pay. Leaving that gap unfilled means there's an excuse for upside tomorrow so maybe that's good?
4130 on ES was my level that had to hold. It held the entire day after the initial test. Look back to Friday's session and look at the time/volume put into that level. I thought this would be very hard to break to the downside and it held multiple tests.

It is not that I wanted upside so badly, it is because I thought it was the highest probability with that support holding and the above gap.

FWIW, I don't know any professional traders that had big days today or took many, if any, trades.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Cool i appreciate the explanation. I spent most of the day operating under the assumption that we were going to give orl another touch, which we never did, but i played tight and built spreads to preserve capital and i made a couple bucks

Looks like oxy missed, abnb missed, mvis caught a bid right at close!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Price just never moved in a way that I liked. It went to inflection points several times and just stalled.
gougler08
AG
UPST demolished earnings
BaylorSpineGuy
gougler08 said:

UPST demolished earnings

What do they do, again?
FJ43
All about the Fed tomorrow.

Watch 407.86 to downside. I've got VIX June calls and lotto SPY calls for Friday.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Oh and Mrs FJ sent me off to meetings with homemade chocolate chip cookies with chopped thick slabbed bacon mixed into them.

Don't care what the market does. I've got cookies.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Talon2DSO
AG
FJ43 said:

Oh and Mrs FJ sent me off to meetings with homemade chocolate chip cookies with chopped thick slabbed bacon mixed into them.

Wait...what??? Can she share that recipe with my wife please?
Mostly Foggy Recollection
FJ43 said:

Will trade bourbon for cookies
lobwedgephil
FJ43 said:

Watch 407.86 to downside. I've got VIX June calls and lotto SPY calls for Friday.
No Fed, CPI.
FJ43
That's what I meant. Posted the calendar 2:35am Monday morning from a Redler tweet.

Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

Just a hunch, but I think we fake out sell (first move dip), then rip to fill gap above rest of the day. Too many are expecting a flush here, too easy.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see some banks short squeeze before they finally sell off more.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
The last couple of these have resulted in short squeezes.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Any takers to help write a momentum trading view indicator?
cjo03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Any takers to help write a momentum trading view indicator?

i know html and hr. i can't help with the code, but if you need to talk about your feelings, I can pretend to listen.

c'mon, someone help him out!
FJ43
Mornun

Levels I'm watching for today. Could see big swings with CPI.

Watch 21ema bounce here (yellow), 50EMA below (blue) and 416.30s on the high end. 418s next up higher.

If you're quick can play the reaction moves.

FJ43
Guess I should add again 407.86 (gold SR) is still my hold level to downside to keep intact.

Philip J Fry
AG
What did you have in mind? I'll say that I like my angle strategy as a concept, but there are so many knobs you have to turn to make it work, if feels wrong.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Momentum is probably measured best by volume, rate of change, and something else to indicate relative strength.

I like the angle approach because it's better than just P/Pn calculations for determining momentum
First Page Last Page
Page 6111 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.