Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,977,859 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is this pretty easy to find, or should i buy all of it?

It's really good
agdaddy04
AG
What's yalls plan for nnox?
FTAG 2000
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

It's really good

Easy to find. Good drinker though.
FTAG 2000
AG
agdaddy04 said:

What's yalls plan for nnox?

Retirement.
Mostly Foggy Recollection

It's really good

It's easy. If you like bourbon, I've found some new ones I love. Mainly Widow Jane for a sipping bourbon or anything double Oaked by Woodford or the BT family.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Cool thanks guys, picked it up at costco and it may be my new go-to. Perfect flavor profile for me. I'll try and find widow jane, never had it
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I also never saw an answer to the question about what happens to a put if the company you have a put on goes belly up. Does it pay?

Been down a highly regarded rabbit hole this morning reading about this
https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/135n0ko/robinhood_will_let_my_295000_in_frc_puts_expire/
Rh sucks, this guy seems like a tool, but interesting tidbits here on what options you have if you hold puts (esp. expiring) on a company that goes under. Ideally you exercise and cover for pennies, or if it's gone otc you exercise and cover via otc shares, if it halts through expiration is when it seems like you could be scrood. Wild this fool didn't sell part on friday and at least take his capital back. Hogs get slaughtered...
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

It's really good
You find the Old Forester Birthday Bourbon, don't ask questions, just buy it. It's a squatty bottle that could be used as a doorstop. I have heard that bars will charge upward all the way to $400 for a 1.5 ounce shot. A bottle of this was offered to me and I had no idea what i was looking at and I passed. I'm not a bourdon expert; however, I am getting some education. I learned whenever "my liquor store guy" offers me something, just buy it. He offered me a John J Bowman Limited Edition Green Label Single Barrel yesterday....it's sitting on my bar today. Again, I had no clue what I was buying, but I'm glad I own it.
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

It's really good

It's easy. If you like bourbon, I've found some new ones I love. Mainly Widow Jane for a sipping bourbon or anything double Oaked by Woodford or the BT family.
I'd have to say Double Oaked by Woodford is my favorite.
tlepoC
AG
Old Forester Prohibition Style is my go to easy to find bourbon. OF is good stuff
BaylorSpineGuy
Ive been on a Basil Hayden's kick for a few months now. Mercury Chophouse in North Arlington. Just get their smoked old fashioned's with Basil Hayden's. You can thank me after the fact. I usually have 4-5 every time I go.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I had a couple pours of OF cask strength single barrel something or other at reserve 101 a year or so ago and went on a quest to find a bottle. A liquor store that i go to a lot said they were allocated a bunch of the next release and they would hold a bottle for me and call when it came in, then when it was supposed to come in they got all squirrelly and acted like there wasn't a list and they sold them all first come first served. Kinda soured (lol) me on the current state of Bourbon. But yeah i think OF may be my jam.
cjo03
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Ive been on a Basil Hayden's kick for a few months now. Mercury Chophouse in North Arlington. Just get their smoked old fashioned's with Basil Hayden's. You can thank me after the fact. I usually have 4-5 every time I go.

smoked old fashion with subtle smoke basil hayden?

haven't tried it yet but picked this up at some point because I thought the normal basil was a solid bang for the buck.

BaylorSpineGuy
cjo03 said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

smoked old fashion with subtle smoke basil hayden?

haven't tried it yet but picked this up at some point because I thought the normal basil was a solid bang for the buck.

Nice. I picked up a bottle of the red wine cask finish this week. Also a fan.

But if I really wanna treat myself, I pour my 18yr Whistle Pig. That stuff is heavenly.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I also got a bottle of BH dark rye (because they didn't have michters) and i don't love it. I think it's too sweet and smooth for me, i like my brown likker to be a little rough around the edges
BaylorSpineGuy

Just drink this.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This will almost certainly touch $11 in short order.

FTAG 2000
AG

Cool thanks guys, picked it up at costco and it may be my new go-to. Perfect flavor profile for me. I'll try and find widow jane, never had it

If you like it try their 1920. Cherry bomb.
GtownRAB
AG
Pretty much anything I have had from OF has been good and pretty readily available with a few exceptions. The birthday bourbon has a lottery for it, I have seen it sell for as high is $1,800 per bottle. Some mentioned Woodford Double Oaked, which is good, you would probably like OF 1910 also. I think OF 1870 is a really good under $50 bottle that is easy to find.

Like Farmer said - if you can find a get a relationship with a liquor store, they will make recommendations and take them. In the last month, at retail, I picked up Blanton's, OWA, and Taylor Rye.

Finding the popular ones is fun, but there are a lot of really good options under $50 or even under $40 a bottle that you can walk into any store and find on the shelf.
Link below is a must read if you're investing in energy (any form, equities, indices, futures or other). I've mentioned "embargo" on this thread a few times. Finally, someone in the press sees it too. The author gives it a slim chance but certainly an option. I say an embargo has a real good chance of happening. Saudi has been telling the truth and U.S. crude oil futures are a manipulated tool today. (...of course a banking crisis should always be tied to oil, not!) These 2 entities are at odds. Jotato took us down the Green New Steal pathway. It's not a good path. Anyway, enjoy the link.

https://moderndiplomacy.eu/2023/05/07/opec-cuts-production/
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Not tomorrow, but FUBO May 12 $1.5 for .04 to .05
Didn't buy my own lotto...

frankm01
A couple of board favorites this week:

BaylorSpineGuy
frankm01 said:

A couple of board favorites this week:

No idea about what LCID will report but for reference, one of our docs at the hospital is driving one now, and I saw a car carrier two weeks ago pulling like 6-8 while driving on I-20. Upnto then, I had not seen one in the wild.
JbKing45
Every time I'm on I-10 west of San Antonio, I see no less than 3 car carriers full of lucid cars. It looks ripe for a jump in price.
FJ43
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Zs up 20% pre. Lift those ships, baby!
Boy Named Sue
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

This will almost certainly touch $11 in short order.

Looks like it can be had for $9.75 in pre-market
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/charles-schwab-schw-receives-a-buy-from-deutsche-bank-1032298429
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Not tomorrow, but FUBO May 12 $1.5 for .04 to .05
Didn't buy my own lotto...

FUBO!

Damn rocket. I made money on leaps. Sold all and forgot to leave a runner. Dang!

Can't complain about profit though.
fightintxag13
AG
Just curious on what the general thoughts are of this group on entering a long term position in KRE in an IRA account. Are banks done bleeding with rates having likely topped, or being another 25 points from topping? Would it be better to identify individual banks that have been beaten down but are fundamentally solid and buy them?

I've already swung WAL once and am working on re-entering with naked puts. I just got assigned TFC shares last Friday.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG

Cvna up 29%. Crazytown

Lottoing cvna weekly puts
irish pete ag06
AG

Cvna up 29%. Crazytown

Lottoing cvna weekly puts
Any time these memes start running I get nervous about the indices over the next few weeks.

It has almost been a leading indicator.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
It absolutely is! Let's pull that rug!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
You buying protective puts on any of these? I don't think we've seen the last of this round of regional bank failures
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
the opening level is giving some challenges right now.
First Page Last Page
Page 6107 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.