Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,979,182 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
kind of late in the day and not sure I want to trust it after having some points on the board today, but I would not be shocked to see a rally to SPX 4070.
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

Ok degenerates……what's the lotto play for tomorrow?
bank puts

I'm looking at put spreads out a ways as well.
FTAG 2000
AG
https://www.reuters.com/world/second-oil-tanker-week-seized-by-iran-gulf-us-navy-2023-05-03/
ibdm98
AG
Saltyag15 said:

AMD....go home, you're drunk!
https://www.tradingview.com/news/seeking_alpha:a40932d5a094b:0-amd-surges-as-microsoft-said-to-help-finance-ai-chip-push/
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

kind of late in the day and not sure I want to trust it after having some points on the board today, but I would not be shocked to see a rally to SPX 4070.
yep
bmoochie
AG
perma Brew doomster said:

FJ43 said:

bank puts

I did CMA at the open. Closed for over 100% I think you are 10000% right that bank puts are the way to go. can go $15 OTM and any 10-15% drop like we have been seeing in some of these are going to move them.

Side note I have looked at the options activity on these banks just on my brokerage and its heavy. Would be curious to see what the flow is overall if anyone subscribes to that. There is a ton of negative sentiment obviously but it seems all strikes and months out have a lot of action.
Boy Named Sue
AG
NNOX trying to run again?
Ccutamu

yep
Your a witch 30K!
FTAG 2000
AG
Boy Named Sue said:

NNOX trying to run again?

Brewmaster
AG
bmoochie said:

FJ43 said:

bank puts

I did CMA at the open. Closed for over 100% I think you are 10000% right that bank puts are the way to go. can go $15 OTM and any 10-15% drop like we have been seeing in some of these are going to move them.

Side note I have looked at the options activity on these banks just on my brokerage and its heavy. Would be curious to see what the flow is overall if anyone subscribes to that. There is a ton of negative sentiment obviously but it seems all strikes and months out have a lot of action.
yep, exactly. I won't play the really big bank names (like JPM), but even SCHW (schwab) has a terrible looking balance sheet. They are almost certain to go under or get absorbed.
Brewmaster
AG
Dirt 05 said:

Some, not sure if all, banks will let you borrow against a CD directly issued by them, while they wouldn't do that with a brokered CD.

Also with regards to what happens to a CD at a bank that fails - in the case of First Republic it looks like JPM is going to honor all interest accrued through April 30th and then TBD what happens with the terms from there, but JPM holds the deposit now.
https://www.fdic.gov/resources/resolutions/bank-failures/failed-bank-list/first-republic-faq.html

with more banks certain to go under, this sounds like unnecessary risk. Why not just buy physical gold? (and maybe some silver). and it will beat the brakes off 4.5%.
Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi said:

TheCellarDoor said:

OA's APA is coiling tighter and tighter every day. I suck at charting, but if someone has it handy, it looks like something is about to give. Still a month left on the Dec' $55's.
Down to low $30's looks likely.
We're here. Weekly beer candles told me in November that the upward trend was potentially ending, and doing so before making a new high. So I looked to the previous low and it came down and hit in March. Now we're back to that same level and beer candles are still pointing lower. Daily is showing potential indecision but weekly has much room below and support doesn't feel like a screaming buy until $20.

O&G stocks are uncertain and potentially dangerous to opportunistic longs right now. Not saying to avoid, but be smart, mind your levels, and make sure and zoom out every once in a while. Not everything happens under a microscope.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
fightintxag13
AG

Dirt 05 said:

Some, not sure if all, banks will let you borrow against a CD directly issued by them, while they wouldn't do that with a brokered CD.

Also with regards to what happens to a CD at a bank that fails - in the case of First Republic it looks like JPM is going to honor all interest accrued through April 30th and then TBD what happens with the terms from there, but JPM holds the deposit now.
https://www.fdic.gov/resources/resolutions/bank-failures/failed-bank-list/first-republic-faq.html

with more banks certain to go under, this sounds like unnecessary risk. Why not just buy physical gold? (and maybe some silver). and it will beat the brakes off 4.5%.
It's a lot more difficult to buy precious metals with IRA funds.
FTAG 2000
AG

bmoochie said:

FJ43 said:

bank puts

yep, exactly. I won't play the really big bank names (like JPM), but even SCHW (schwab) has a terrible looking balance sheet. They are almost certain to go under or get absorbed.
I'm struggling with this on Schwab.

I haven't dug deep, but why is their balance sheet so bad?

They're a top 10 bank, if they fail it feels like the economy and market is in deep **** (like 2008 territory).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Schwab is not failing.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
What I didn't like about today is that it could just not come off the lows.
FTAG 2000
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

TheCellarDoor said:

OA's APA is coiling tighter and tighter every day. I suck at charting, but if someone has it handy, it looks like something is about to give. Still a month left on the Dec' $55's.
Down to low $30's looks likely.
We're here. Weekly beer candles told me in November that the upward trend was potentially ending, and doing so before making a new high. So I looked to the previous low and it came down and hit in March. Now we're back to that same level and beer candles are still pointing lower. Daily is showing potential indecision but weekly has much room below and support doesn't feel like a screaming buy until $20.

O&G stocks are uncertain and potentially dangerous to opportunistic longs right now. Not saying to avoid, but be smart, mind your levels, and make sure and zoom out every once in a while. Not everything happens under a microscope.

Been playing with the beer candles charting.

Question for you if you don't mind - you talk about no support until down around $20, but it looks like there would be some in the $23 area. What makes you confident on the $20 target?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
History of Apple's $AAPL Q1 Revenue:

2010: $13.5B
2011: $24.7B
2012: $39.2B
2013: $43.6B
2014: $45.6B
2015: $58B
2016: $50.6B
2017: $52.9B
2018: $61.1B
2019: $58B
2020: $58.3B
2021: $89.6B
2022: $97.3B
2023: $94.8B
Heineken-Ashi
Was generalizing. Next two major clear as day supports are at $23 and then $15. Immediately pre-covid it traded in an $18-$33 range.

Last potential upward trendline has $23 in June or $25 in November.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
FTAG 2000
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Was generalizing. Next two major clear as day supports are at $23 and then $15. Immediately pre-covid it traded in an $18-$33 range.

Last potential upward trendline has $23 in June or $25 in November.
Thanks.
Brewmaster
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

bmoochie said:

FJ43 said:

bank puts

I'm struggling with this on Schwab.

I haven't dug deep, but why is their balance sheet so bad?

They're a top 10 bank, if they fail it feels like the economy and market is in deep **** (like 2008 territory).
we're already on a trajectory worse than 2008 (bank wise). I need to find the tweet...

oh and Schwab's balance sheet is complete caca. Let me dig some more.

I'd love it if Bonfire1996 would chime in here and say why, like on Schwab's RI-A they are moving massive amounts around in line item 10 (other income), shows as huge losses. 19B on last report (12/31/22). bank equity is also down 3B in 3 months.
ProgN

we're already on a trajectory worse than 2008 (bank wise). I need to find the tweet...

oh and Schwab's balance sheet is complete caca. Let me dig some more.

I'd love it if Bonfire1996 would chime in here and say why, like on Schwab's RI-A they are moving massive amounts around in line item 10 (other income), shows as huge losses. 19B on last report (12/31/22). bank equity is also down 3B in 3 months.
Bonfire1996 won't be with us for awhile.
Carlo4
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

History of Apple's $AAPL Q1 Revenue:

2010: $13.5B
2011: $24.7B
2012: $39.2B
2013: $43.6B
2014: $45.6B
2015: $58B
2016: $50.6B
2017: $52.9B
2018: $61.1B
2019: $58B
2020: $58.3B
2021: $89.6B
2022: $97.3B
2023: $94.8B

FTAG 2000
AG
Well, AAPL beats slightly.

Let's see what happens with the Q&A.

ProgN
FTAG 2000 said:

Well, AAPL beats slightly.

Let's see what happens with the Q&A.

They don't give forward guidance anymore but they sit on a mountain of cash. So much so they're about to launch their own credit card iirc. That and strength in China should have them up at the open.
FTAG 2000
AG
Yeah, look at this channel that goes back to July 2021.

ProgN
I didn't say to buy it because I believe it's overextended. It wouldn't shock me if they went green to red tomorrow. If I were in it for a trade, then I'd sell at the open.
Brewmaster
AG
do you know where he is located? I'd buy that man a steak dinner. or at least a beer or 2.
ProgN

do you know where he is located? I'd buy that man a steak dinner. or at least a beer or 2.
I do but I'll ask him if I can post it.
FTAG 2000
AG
ProgN said:

I didn't say to buy it because I believe it's overextended. It wouldn't shock me if they went green to red tomorrow. If I were in it for a trade, then I'd sell at the open.

That's how I feel about it as well (time for a fall).
ProgN
FTAG 2000 said:

ProgN said:

That's how I feel about it as well (time for a fall).
The markets look heavy right now. DJIA, Nasdaq, SPX all crossed the 50 line on RSI to the downside, Stochastics on all indicate lower and MACDs approaching sell confirmation. Earning season for the bigs is now over, what catalyst is there to pull the market higher?
HoustonAg_2009
For all the recent WAL and TFC buyers.....We going to hold in hopes that this is simply short-sellers trying to profit in the short term? WAL's quarterly report last week didn't look bad....Same for TFC. Most folks here thinking about holding for the long term and letting the storm pass?
FJ43
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Quantum Entanglement
Thoughts on Micron? At $60, I bought at $85
CheladaAg
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 6104 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.